Movies You Wish Were Gone.

brinvixen

Mar 3, 2011
I want to agree that "if we erase the bad movies, we'd have nothing to learn from in order to make good ones" but at the same time, if that were really true, we'd see less tripe coming out each year. As far as studios go, they're going to make whatever type of movie they want, when they want to. They'll make the Movie Gold at times (see: The Social Network) and then they'll make their cashcow tripe to fill in the blanks (see: The Twilight Series).

To pick a movie I could have done without watching however, is Avatar. For one, it's title forced the actual Avatar movie to be called something else (not that that movie was worth it either, but it's the principle of the thing), but as I was watching it, all I could think was that I was watching Pocahontas. And not even in the "man-realizes-that-nature-should-be-preserved-and-the-natives-were-right-all-along" type way. Not only could that special tree in Avatar, Eywa, be considered as Grandmother Willow's silent reincarnation, but there's a Navi character who IS Kocuom from Pocahontas -- from his storyline down to his hairstyle. Add on all the screaming fanboys and fangirls who called it the greatest movie of the year (did they not see Up or Watchmen? I mean, The Hangover came out that year as well!) and the product was one over-hyped film that gave an underwhelming experience.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
KingofallCosmos said:
You serious? If we want to delete em all it's probably gonna create a black hole..

Allright then. If only one, let it be the latest Indiana Jones. Don't have to explain, I think?
to me, yes

I don't get wtf is up with all the hate for that movie

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Haseo21 said:
any Christopher Walken movie
What? How...

Okay, clearly you just don't "get it". The thing about Christopher Walken is that he defies the conventions of what should be considered "good acting". He is such a bad actor that he somehow becomes good again. He either looks directly at his cue cards and reads off of them, or says "screw the script" and just wings it. He has never turned down a role, and is one of the most captivating, awkward human beings who ever existed.

If the world were deprived of someone as strange and wonderful as Christopher Walken: food would not taste as good, colors would not be as bright, and music would not sound as clear.

In closing, the world cannot do without the oddities that are every role that Christopher Walken has played. Please enjoy this clip of Christopher Walken dancing.

GeeksUtopia

Feb 26, 2011
Mister Benoit said:
GeeksUtopia said:
avatar the last air bender the movie
This was the worst movie I have seen in my entire 24 years of living.

If you have absolutely any respect for the wonderful cartoon series DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE.

I cannot stress how bad this was, within two minutes my jaw was dropped and stayed there in utter disbelief of what I was watching.

THIS MOVIE DOES NOT HAVE A SINGLE REDEEMING FACTOR.

I ended up watching about 3 hours worth of the cartoon afterwards to wash out the bad taste and then took a hot shower.

They had no respect for the source material whatsoever and completely missed the point of what they were adapting. I've watched my fair share of bad movies but WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? The source material is a damn gold mine of characterization and story.

And what makes things worse was that the animation was american made, that the production was in america, that some how the animation got every name right, and amazing story, while the movie did not even try to go and say hey lets see what we are missing here.

GUUUUUUUUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT HAPPENED?????

pubbing

Dec 16, 2010
Azaradel said:
http://content9.flixster.com/photo/11/71/16/11711607_gal.jpg

Because it is absolutely atrocious and has no right to exist. It's as simple as that.
I do not really get the hate for this movie. Considering the way Star Trek movies go this is defiantly one of the better ones.

Out of all the Star Trek movies there are only 4 that are not absolute garbage.
The Wrath of Khan
Search for Spock
Voyage Home
And the new one.

If you think that this really is the worst one I would like to point your attention to
First Contact
Generations
Nemesis

These are the most abhorrent movies I have ever seen.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
All of the modern "spoof" movies such as Epic Movie,Date Movie,Superhero Movie etc.Cramming as many pop culture references as possible into 90 mins is not comedy

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
I'd delete the Matrix sequels and Wolverine: Origins. I'm a huge Deadpool fan, and Gambit is my favorite mutant. 'Nuff said. My friends and I had to come back from the movie, put all of our Deadpool comics in a big pile in between us, and attempt to purge our minds of that abomination.

I'd love to delete the Twilight movies, but the books would still exist. If I could get rid of both, I'd be happy.

Nov 27, 2010
Haseo21 said:
any Christopher Walken movie
You fuck, how dare you delete Milagro: The Beanfield War!!!!! You're on the list!

OT: I actually wouldn't delete any movie from existence, because aside from potential cracks in the space-time continuum and the destruction of the universe and all that, we wouldn't have anything to complain about if we wouldn't have shit movies.

Also, I would have missed out on some of the funniest movie reviews ever.

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
Mr.Squishy said:
Citizen Kane. You know why.
Because it has great writing?
A solid plot?
Marvelous pacing?
Long and complex scenes done amazingly in a single shot?
Awesome camera job?

Not my favorite by any means, but CK is a marvel of filming and production.

Scary Movie would be my choice to remove. Cut off the head and the body will die. That will save us from having to suffer through countless sequels and other equally-bad movies built around the same concept.

Naturality

Feb 23, 2010
pubbing said:
Azaradel said:
http://content9.flixster.com/photo/11/71/16/11711607_gal.jpg

Because it is absolutely atrocious and has no right to exist. It's as simple as that.
I do not really get the hate for this movie. Considering the way Star Trek movies go this is defiantly one of the better ones.

Out of all the Star Trek movies there are only 4 that are not absolute garbage.
The Wrath of Khan
Search for Spock
Voyage Home
And the new one.

If you think that this really is the worst one I would like to point your attention to
First Contact
Generations
Nemesis

These are the most abhorrent movies I have ever seen.
The worst Star Trek film is V: The Final Frontier, that's one of the worst movies ever created. Also, I think TMP was one of the better ones. Sure, it was long, but it was enjoyable and thought provoking.

One more thing, why do people hate on Nemesis so much? It's better than most films out there. Good action scenes and some genuinely interesting character development.