Let see-
Back to the Future
Catch Me If You Can
Anchor Man
Forrest Gump
Pulp Friction
Zoolander
Paprika

You could make a list of what you had already seen so I get an better idea of your film selection.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Some lesser known movies:

The Ninth Gate
Swimming With Sharks
Living In Oblivion
Flesh & Blood
Frida
Festen
Welcome to the Dollhouse
Happiness

Zebag

May 23, 2010
Ashistheking said:
OldKingClancy said:
In Bruges - Brilliantly dark comedy.
Drive (If it's still out in cinemas)
Oldboy - Great Korean revenge flick
Hard Boiled - Another Asian film, dubbed in English but great action scenes.
Four Lions - A British comedy about terrorists.
four lions is quality
try 'american psycho 'with christian bale BEST FILM EVER .....
'the host' japanese dubbed film about a stream being infected with waste a funny but eerie horror film
'bronson'? with tom hardy
'little nicky' adam sandler pretty decent not a particularly captivating story but slapstic humour is decent :)
'The Host' is actually Korean. Still a good monster movie.
'Bronson' is awesome!

York_Beckett

Sep 23, 2010
The Horseman - Brilliant, emotional and violent revenge flick

Storm - A strange, compelling psychological drama disguised as a sci-fi flick. Combines just about every film genre ever.

The Tomorrow Man - A surprisingly good sci-fi thriller, despite a very low budget and some cheesy parts.

The Signal - Low-budget, yet very professional horror film; combines strong violence, character examination and some grotesque humour to help it.

The Omega Man - A 1971 adaption of I am Legend. Definitely worth a look.

The Outlaw Josey Wales - One of my favourite westerns of all time. Great action and cinematography.

The Quiet Earth - Slow-paced, yet intriguing sci-fi mystery.

The Valley of Gwangi - Think Cowboys and Aliens, but from the 60s and with stop-motion dinosaurs. Great fun.

The Woodsman - Powerful drama with some brilliant acting by Kevin Bacon. Does a great job of handling a very difficult subject matter.

Black Moon Rising -
A car, going at a speed over 500 km/h, flies through two skyscrapers. What else do you want?

Tucker and Dale VS Evil - Very funny splatter-comedy that makes fun of the "evil rednecks" stereotype by switching the roles around.

Re-Cycle - Very bizarre asian horror flick. Think Alice in Wonderland crossed with Silent Hill.

Revolution - Underrated civil war flick. Al Pacino was great in it.

Screamers - Another sci-fi film. Very underrated, and with great execution that isn't let down by the budget.

High Road to China - Awesome action-adventure, somewhat reminiscent of Indiana Jones.

Class of 1984 - Very entertaining throwback to 80s exploitation. Van Patten's ridiculously over-the-top performance makes everything worth it. Oh, and Roddy McDowall is awesome!

Dark City - Dark, stylish sci-fi noir with a great atmosphere.

Equilibrium - Probably been mentioned already. Has kung-fu with guns. That is awesome.

Give 'em Hell, Malone - Kind of like the Max Payne movie, except good.

Battlefield Earth - Hilariously awful; definitely worth watching if you want a good laugh.

Blown Away - Like Speed, but with Jeff Bridges. Pretty damn intense.

Brown's Requiem - Cool, overlooked crime-thriller.

Hope you find something interesting among these.

DANCEMASTERAFRO

Apr 22, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
You could make a list of what you had already seen so I get an better idea of your film selection.
I've seen way too many movies to list, like 95% of the movies you guys suggest I have on DVD, although theres been some that I've overlooked. :D

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
Princess Mononoke (I loved this movie, and I don't like anime)
The Green Mile
Zombieland
Full Metal Jacket
The Sixth Sense

Thats all I can think of, you've probably seen a few of these, but I'll bet you haven't seen Princess Mononoke. Its so good, English dub is actually watchable but I prefer the Japanese version.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I juat saw bridesmaids

ok its chicks film...but...but wait for it

ITS A GOOD CHICKS MOVIE..yes! such a thing exists! its friggen hilarious and thankfy=ully never gets bogged down in usual "romatic comedy" crap

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
DANCEMASTERAFRO said:
I've seen way too many movies to list, like 95% of the movies you guys suggest I have on DVD, although theres been some that I've overlooked. :D
Have you seen "Perfect Blue"? It's an anime psychological thriller. It's about a young woman who leaves a pop group to become an actress, and starts cracking under the pressure of fame, expectations, and criticism. On top of that there's a stalker that may or may not be a dissociative personality of hers, and the story travels in really mind-bending twists from there. Not everyone likes this sort of experience, but this film will definitely distress you and make you think.

If you like "so bad it's good" movies you'll love The Room, but you've probably seen it if you're that into film. You've likely seen "Observe And Report", too, but I recommend both highly if you haven't.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Just trying to go for films other haven't mentioned and that you're likely to have seen.

Get Carter: Very dark, crime film with Michael Caine as a brutal gnagster on a quest for vengence. It's not an action film by any stretch but if you don't mind following a truly unpleasant protaganist it's one of the best films Caine has appeared in.

Ichi the Killer: Just as contrast to the restrained violence of Get Carter this is the ultimate in Japanese ultraviolence. It's essentially a live action version of those youtube clips where anime characters explode into showers of gore at the smallest touch. It's the most horribly messed-up film I've ever seen, well worth it if you have a strong enough stomach.

The Company of Wolves: More restrained than the previous films (although it does have one ultra-gory scene), it's a sort of a very dark fairy tale (but still a fairy tale). It's very dreamlike and full of stories within stories within dreams but all connected by strong central themes. Also best werewolf transformation sequence ever.

There's a ton more that I can't think of right now.

agent_orange420

Sep 30, 2011
RocknRolla - Guy richie (lock stock, Snatch) back on brilliant form.

The Source Code - Quantum Leap meets the bourne series meets groundhog day. much better than I describe it!

Attack the Block - Inner city youuves vs. aliens. hilarious

Summer Wars - Anime where facebook threatens to bring about the end of the world.

Raijha

Aug 23, 2010
for anime, its more a bunch of movies collected to make a series, but I would suggest garden of sinners (Kara no Kyoukai) It has supernatural, thriller, drama and mystery/suspense elements. Was incredibly well done, and was just overall an excellent series. But as I said, its split into 5 or 6 movies something like 1.5-2 hrs each.

noxymoron19

Feb 4, 2011
DANCEMASTERAFRO said:
Do you guys have any good movies recommendations. Bearing in mind I've seen a great deal, my DVD collection takes up most of the space in my flat. So please no blatantly obvious ones; ie I've seen Fight Club, it's not great in my opinion. I like action movies, crime movies, sci-fi, fantasy, anime, etc etc. Gimme something good guys and you'll have made my night.
If you haven't seen 50/50 yet GO SEE IT.

Also THESE

Lucky Number Slevin

Children of Men

127 Hours

Moon

The Prestige

I'm sure you've seen some of those. But there you are

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Bill & Ted's excellent adventure.

It's about 2 guys that travel through time, and save the world with the power of rock & roll.