Moving On

Silver Scribbler

Aug 5, 2009
Fear not Escapists, this is not a cry for help or sympathy. Having recently been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, I've understandably been having a tough time moving on, but I'm getting there. My question to you all is this: assuming you've been in a romantic relationship that has come to an end (and if you haven't, still feel free to answer with what you THINK you'd do) how did you deal with the end of it? Did you immediately jump back on the horse and go out looking for rebound? Did you instead focus on your friends or family and spend time with them to replace the hole that your ex's departure left? Or did you keep to yourself and just struggle through it?

Like I said, I'm not looking for advice or help here, I just thought it'd be interesting to get a feel for how different people deal with a similar situation. Interesting/funny stories are both welcome and encouraged, so have at it!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I gave up a relationship in Vancouver due to me moving away. It was a break up motivated by the distance, not the feelings for each other. It was painful but I'm in a stable relationship now :3

Oh and nothing was really funny/interesting about it, sorry.