Moving that large cumbersome television.

umadbro

May 4, 2011
Most if not all of us have been at this point in life where its just time for out with the old, in with the new. Today I was tasked with moving a 300 lb. television out of a room and into the garage. Long story short, I rolled it down the hallway and into a closet.

I wanted to ask you fellow escapists, how do you deal with those big televisions?
And if you know why the tv companies make them such awkward shapes with sharp edges everywhere, I would love to know. :)

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I don't own one, but I tend to get a bit of scrap wood, top of an old table or something, and get another bloke to take the other end. It's only an experience you have to deal with once every five to ten years, anyway.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I hate furniture moving, it's always so awkward and angular that you are guaranteed to crush your hand against a wall at some point, and there usually ends up being on extra person hanging around, as two or three people struggle trying to fit the thing through the door, there's no room for him to lend a hand. So he ends up awkwardly standing in the background, trying to appear useful by spouting crap like "almost there" "just a bit further" "Mind your hand - oops, you crushed it against the wall" (see I told you that always happens!)

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Destroy it and get an LCD. Seriously, my LCD weighs maybe 10 pounds and it's decently sized.

Apr 24, 2008
It's been a few years since I've had to deal with CRT televisions...thankfully.

Mine was a 32", with conveniently placed holes in the top of the back to get your hands into, but it was still a swine to lift because it was so ridiculously front heavy that they were seriously ineffective. Really, unless you want to wreck your back, moving 'em is a 2 person job.

Mar 5, 2011
I have a 36 inch old CRT TV. That thing must be 200 pounds. If the weight wasn't mostly in the glass it would be so annoying to move. Although with 2 people it's not to bad.

Bearjing

Aug 24, 2010
This is why i love having a projector, ive moved 3 times in the last 4 years and all i have to do is just unplug it and place it in my passenger seat :D.