Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich Steps Down

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Ninmecu said:
[just half a decade ago it was still considered fairly normal to bash gays.
And things haven't changed much. People are acting like it's a radically different world, but....Shockingly, apparently, things really haven't changed that much. In fact, looking at the states that want to afford the religious freedom to discriminate against gays, I have trouble arguing much has changed for the better. It looks like we've made two steps forward and two steps back. Every new state that legalises gay marriage seems met with another state that comes up with a way to condemn gays. Every ruling like Doma leads to new legislation to try and come up with a more Constitutional way to block gays. Every act by the President is met with tantrums.

So pardon me for not doing a cartwheel.

this is business, not politics. Though-I realize the two are inseparably and deeply entrenched in one another.
You just undercut your own argument. If they are inseparable, then there is no real point of saying "keep one out of the other."

Strazdas said:
Please provide proof of marriage being "basic right" that cannot be questioned before continuing.
There have been multiple rulings in the US that declare it a basic/fundamental right. Now, I don't have the evidence on hand, so I'd have to look. If you really need this info, let me know. I will find it again. But in that light:

He did not deny anyones "equal rights".
Yes, he did.

demanding people loose their jobs because of their personal belief is worse than donating money to support your belief in a legal way. Which law or which job makes no difference.
Since it's unconstitutional, I have trouble seeing the "legal" argument here.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Trilligan said:
CloudAtlas said:
You know what, you were right after all. I do make my point from a moral perspective. Thank you for having the patience to discuss it unlike that other poster that just posted personal attacks.

Zachary Amaranth said:
There have been multiple rulings in the US that declare it a basic/fundamental right. Now, I don't have the evidence on hand, so I'd have to look. If you really need this info, let me know. I will find it again. But in that light:

Since it's unconstitutional, I have trouble seeing the "legal" argument here.
See, the way i said it implies that US court ruling is not proof. i am aware there were such rulings. Courts are run by humans and humans can be faulty, like, say, they were when they were slavers. im sure you can see that just because court says so does not automatically mean its unquestionable truth.

Donating money to a proposition campaign and/or voting for it is completely legal. The proposition itself was overturned to be illegal, however the process of supporting and voting for proposition was legal.

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
Strazdas said:
Trilligan said:
CloudAtlas said:
You know what, you were right after all. I do make my point from a moral perspective. Thank you for having the patience to discuss it unlike that other poster that just posted personal attacks.
If you took something away from the discussion, then that's awesome.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
th3dark3rsh33p said:
Personal and Professional. Private verses Corporate. His politics have nothing to do with his job.
That's what we've been told, but I find it refreshing that there are people who think it does. This schizophrenic division of life into "work" and "private life" isn't healthy and personally, if my gay kid's teacher is anti-gay then I can't see how it won't affect his work or have a seriously negative impact on my child.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Strazdas said:
JaneTheDoe said:
Why bother replying if you're going to repeat yourself and not actually reply to the questions asked of you?
why bother quoting if you are going to add nothing to the discussion?
Hixy said:
JaneTheDoe said:
Just give up. Just stop.
You have posted over a dozen times and contributed nothing. You are exactly what is wrong with these forums and your attitude is disgraceful.
I agree, that person's conduct in this thread has been absolutely appalling.
Hixy said:
You are exactly what is wrong with these forums
Don't be so hasty. Looks like they've already gotten themselves banned.
They certainly didn't last long.

Can't say I'm surprised, given the way they were behaving.