Mr. Holmes - The Oldest Sherlock Holmes Ever?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Mr. Holmes - The Oldest Sherlock Holmes Ever?

The tales of Sherlock Holmes have been adapted to screens more times than can be counted. What makes Mr. Holmes any different?

Read Full Article

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Pretty much agree with the review; decent film if you watch it but you won't miss much if you don't go see it

Although I totally called why Holmes had retired

Because I wrote this movie... All of them :p

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
PsychicTaco115 said:
Oh, can I guess?
Watson died and he blamed himself?

God I hope it's not that predictable.
Would there be a problem if it was? I mean, if they dont make it a twist and try to suprise us with it something like that does make sense for the character.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I wonder which handled old Holmes losing his mind better, this movie or the last sketch in That Mitchell and Webb Look.

Thanks to that sketch I've actually wanted a movie focused on fully exploring Holmes dealing with slowly losing his mental faculties, through either disease or age, for a while now. It seems this one, while coming close, won't quite scratch that itch.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Adam Jensen said:
PsychicTaco115 said:
Oh, can I guess?
Watson died and he blamed himself?

God I hope it's not that predictable.
Quote from the review:

The problem with this is not inherent to the premise, which sees Holmes (Ian McKellen) trying to write the true story of this case - not the fictionalized and romanticized version that his partner, Dr. Watson, published.
Watson gotta be kicking afterwards if he wrote the story of the mystery.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Zykon TheLich said:
Not quite the oldest ever.

Glad someone posted that. One of the best sketches Mitchell and Webb ever did. It goes between funny, pathetic, and tragic several times :(