MS: 360 Price Drop Timing Was Just a Coincidence

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
AceDiamond said:
Jumplion said:
oliveira8 said:
Of course he owns. So he can put a sticker on it that says "MY CONSOLE IS BETTER!!". He also bought it second hand so he wouldn't give Sony a cent.
But he owns a PS3, that's what matters!

AAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA!!!!!
Of course he does, It only does EVERYTHING am I right? :p

but all aside, I agree with this below, since it actually makes sense from an industry standpoint

oliveira8 said:
Joking aside. Of course he has a PS3. He needs to know what the opposition has. I bet he has a Wii, a DS, a PSP and powerhouse PC. I bet plenty of dudes at Sont own a 360 and every other console.
Even McDonald's mut buy from it's competition to see what works and doesn't.

And he must have one so he can mock it.
Or it's possible that he is just a gamer and wants one. I know if I worked for MS I would still buy a ps3, wii and DS just to have them to play some other games on. It's not like I married the fucking company. Am I right?

OP: Even if it wasn't a coincidence, why does it matter? MS is just playing ball and getting ready for the holiday season. Big deal.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
And I'm going to get one next month! Unfortunately I live in NZ....

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
I think the Slim will sell better, because all the gamers wanting a PS3 but unable to afford one can finally get one, but the 360 will only have a few casuals and some already PS3 owners to pick up.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
oh microsoft, how shite youve become after you started making consoles.

it is not a coincidence, its just to increase their sales of that bloody 360. this just increases my hunger to get a ps3 slim.

microsoft is one big pile of dick moves these days...

Thanatos5150

Apr 20, 2009
Christemo said:

it is not a coincidence, its just to increase their sales of that bloody 360. this just increases my hunger to get a ps3 slim.

I... I fail to see how making a competitve move in a competitive market is even remotely a "dick move". I, personally would have come out and said "Yeah, competition lowered their prices, we lowered ours. Welcome to Captialisim!"

Bobbyskizza

Aug 24, 2009
Thanatos5150 said:
Christemo said:

I... I fail to see how making a competitve move in a competitive market is even remotely a "dick move". I, personally would have come out and said "Yeah, competition lowered their prices, we lowered ours. Welcome to Captialisim!"
Completely agree, also isn't there a credit crunch going on? People have less money to spend so it makes sense to lower prices on your console so there are more people who will buy your games.

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
Ha! Ha ha ha! Hahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ahem...good one Micro...Mwah ha ha ha ha ha! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry, I lost my composure for a moment.

I suppose you can't blame them for trying, but why bother lying about it? It's like kids in school... "No I didn't get Street Fighter because you had it, I was already going to get it and you just got there first without me knowing."

Although anyone else think they should ditch the Arcade instead of the Pro and drop the price of the Pro and Elite? The Arcade always seemed kind of...stupid to me? But then I like shiny and best...ooooooooh...a penny...

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
HyenaThePirate said:
FloodOne said:
You're pretty spot on, except for the software predictions.

MAG, Singularity, Heavy Rain, Dark Void, God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII are all coming out between January and April.
I'm not quite sure I believe those dates, honestly.
I suspect (and EXPECT) many of those titles to get pushed back, depending on what the fall 2010 lineup looks like, and the level of quality as well as Holiday 2009 sales.
I fully expect Heavy Rain, God of War III, and FF XIII to see a delay until October 2010.

The only ones I think will actually release "on time" is Dark Void and Singularity, but just because something is on "time" doesn't mean it's "free of bugs". So I'm going to watch those two VERY carefully.

OH, isn't white knight chronicles coming out soon and Demon Souls? Anyone know the release dates on those? Arent those early spring too?
Final Fantasy XIII probably won't be delayed. They've already started the NA localization a few months back and the game is due out November/December in Japan. I could see GoW III being pushed back, but I doubt it will be as far back as Fall 2010. Heavy Rain... well I wouldn't doubt seeing it delayed until the summertime.

Singularity and Dark Void I could really care less about, those were just games that were delayed until next year as well.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
Right.

It's a very coincidental dick waving competition.
Could not have said it better myself.

I have no idea if they believe they are just that damned clever, or if they think us gamers are just that damned stupid.

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
Meh. The real point is: Who cares whether it was a coincidence or not? Because at the end of the day it just means cheaper consoles for everyone! :D

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
Generic_Dave said:
Ha! Ha ha ha! Hahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ahem...good one Micro...Mwah ha ha ha ha ha! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry, I lost my composure for a moment.

I suppose you can't blame them for trying, but why bother lying about it? It's like kids in school... "No I didn't get Street Fighter because you had it, I was already going to get it and you just got there first without me knowing."

Although anyone else think they should ditch the Arcade instead of the Pro and drop the price of the Pro and Elite? The Arcade always seemed kind of...stupid to me? But then I like shiny and best...ooooooooh...a penny...
But with the high death rates of the 360's, I'm glad they have kept the Arcade. Mine broke recently and it only put me back £110 and I could keep all my saves. Means you don't have to pay extra for a hard drive that you may never use. So yea.

(sorry for the double post people)

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
It may have been a coincidence, then again, maybe not. Either way, the consoles are getting cheaper. Now all we need is for the games to do the same thing.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Avaholic03 said:
I don't really care why they lowered their prices. Lower prices are better, period. I'm just glad there is competition otherwise we'd be spending $1000+ on the Universal Console that wouldn't have half the features of either the PS3 or 360.
That's why I think the big three should allow other electronics manufacturers to make game systems for ps, nintendo, and xbox games. If samsung or phillips made a good quality 360, I might've bought that. As it was, the only 360 available when I was shopping for a console was the meltastic rrod model.

I'm glad I'm not the only skeptical one here. What I want to know is why do they feel the need to cover up. It's perfectly reasonable for them to match the price it's not as if they're doing anything sneaky or underhanded like pushing a underdeveloped piece of machinery onto shelves to get s jump on the competition.

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
Wow, what a predictable move, Microsoft. It's still a dick move, but come on, you knew it was gonna happen.