MTV Makes Us Sad

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Bill Nye the Zombie said:
Please don't remind me about Eureka and Warehouse 13. Those were, and are in Warehouse 13's case, two great shows that ended/will end to soon. And Eureka's ending felt like they were saying: "There's still stuff going on in the town you love, we're just too lazy to show you."
Thankfully in Warehouse 13's case, it's currently SyFy's top rated show by a long shot.

What a lot of people don't realize is that SyFy doesn't make any of it's current shows, and only shares production credits with a few of them. The writers and actors of Eureka were more than ready to continue making episodes, but SyFy just felt it was getting too expensive.

Bill Nye the Zombie

Apr 27, 2012
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Bill Nye the Zombie said:
Please don't remind me about Eureka and Warehouse 13. Those were, and are in Warehouse 13's case, two great shows that ended/will end to soon. And Eureka's ending felt like they were saying: "There's still stuff going on in the town you love, we're just too lazy to show you."
Thankfully in Warehouse 13's case, it's currently SyFy's top rated show by a long shot.

What a lot of people don't realize is that SyFy doesn't make any of it's current shows, and only shares production credits with a few of them. The writers and actors of Eureka were more than ready to continue making episodes, but SyFy just felt it was getting too expensive.
And creating seven more Dinobug vs. Gigantocrocs aren't as expensive as keeping one TV show alive? And one that got them a lot of viewers at that?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Adventurer2626 said:
I have to admit I feel a bit like crying. TV why must you die a slow painful death? Why must the lowest common denominator be worth so much god damn money? Ignorance is bliss I guess...networks keep lighting their money cigs and people keep not realizing that TV programming isn't good. No wonder people turn into cynical, reclusive, paranoid, atheists. The world keeps punishing you for defending sinking ships and not offering stuff to believe in. It's just sad.
I should start a kickstarter for funds to construct a time machine with the express purpose of going back, and making sure Firefly is renewed for another season.

It would be the first step to averting the decline of the last ten years.

That said, at least children's cartoons seem to be getting back on track with the Regular Show, and Adventure Time.

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
Binnsyboy said:
Adventurer2626 said:
I have to admit I feel a bit like crying. TV why must you die a slow painful death? Why must the lowest common denominator be worth so much god damn money? Ignorance is bliss I guess...networks keep lighting their money cigs and people keep not realizing that TV programming isn't good. No wonder people turn into cynical, reclusive, paranoid, atheists. The world keeps punishing you for defending sinking ships and not offering stuff to believe in. It's just sad.
I should start a kickstarter for funds to construct a time machine with the express purpose of going back, and making sure Firefly is renewed for another season.

It would be the first step to averting the decline of the last ten years.

That said, at least children's cartoons seem to be getting back on track with the Regular Show, and Adventure Time.
+2 Internets. 1 up front, 1 after the order is filled. :)

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
TheKaduflyerSystem said:
And creating seven more Dinobug vs. Gigantocrocs aren't as expensive as keeping one TV show alive? And one that got them a lot of viewers at that?
For some strange reason, those are actually quite popular. Same goes for all the reality shows people hate on so much. The thing is, television networks are out to make money and so they're not going to keep a show on if nobody is watching.

Blame the current generation's taste in television, not the networks running the programs.

jecht35

Jul 2, 2011
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
TheKaduflyerSystem said:
For some strange reason, those are actually quite popular. Same goes for all the reality shows people hate on so much. The thing is, television networks are out to make money and so they're not going to keep a show on if nobody is watching.

Blame the current generation's taste in television, not the networks running the programs.
I can't see how Sharktopus and the like are so popular, they are worst then any 50's shlockfest movie. I really do hate this current generation of viewers and TV networks. at least BBC is safe, for now anyways.