Multiplayer Graces God of War

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
It's a little late for April Fools day, almost had me there! ....:| I hope this is a joke this makes no sense. Even GoW4 doesn't make sense.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Buretsu said:
In other words:

"Well, we've pretty much hit a brick wall where it comes to figuring out what the hell to do with Kratos. So our next God of War game will have a multiplayer focus, and some sort of token single player. Either we make a ton of money, or it fails and we can use it as an excuse to finally put this thing to bed. Win-freaking-win."

Zhukov said:
Can we officially declare God of War's milking-to-death phase to have begun now?
I'm pretty sure that phase started shortly after the success of the first game... Most definitely around the time he appeared in Soul Calibur 4.
He was never in Soul Calibur 4...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Isn't God of War all about hacking up a shit ton of people is massive quantity with giant combos?
I mean, I never played the games, just speculating here.
Korten12 said:
He was never in Soul Calibur 4...
He was in a Soul Calibur game, if I remember correctly. The PSP one, I think. I think Buretsu just made a mistake.

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
You know, I really don't know what to think about it. I think the multiplayer looks fun as hell, but I don't agree with adding it into the series. This will also be Sony Santa Monica's first foray into multiplayer excluding Super Smas- I mean Sony's Playstation All Stars. I'm pretty sure anyways, tell me if I'm wrong about this piece of info right here.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
and this is the real damage done by ME3s multiplayer, for the next couple of years we will once again try to ram MP into everything.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
It seems to me that they have already driven the single player story (such as it was) so totally into the ground that this is actually the only direction it can go in. I'm not sure what everyone's making such a fuss about - this seems like the only sensible direction they can go in if they want to freshen up the God of War franchise - maybe even open it up to a new market.

I don't play multiplayer games, so you might expect I'd be annoyed that a traditionally single player franchise has invested in multiplayer over further single player action. However, having played all three God of War games on PS3, plus the old PSP one, I'm quite certain that the franchise needs to find a new niche. Besides, I thought people flailing at each other competitively in over-the-top ways was the heart and soul of multiplayer? ;-) God of War should fit right in...

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
teebeeohh said:
and this is the real damage done by ME3s multiplayer, for the next couple of years we will once again try to ram MP into everything.
I never actully thought of that. I never realized that it would only help rush it along. Great, another thing to dislike it for.

OT: I just hope that there will still be good single player games that don't feel the need to ram MP into them. Im actully kinda hopeful. Dragons Dogma is coming out soon and that's single player only as well as looking very promising. I can only hope this eventully dies out.

mygocarp

Apr 2, 2012
Colour me skeptical, but give it a rest guys.

Hating on it just because it will be present just makes you look like some nerd raging basement dweller. I've got my fingers crossed that it will be good.

Perhaps the ascension part means that it's a prequel of sorts.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Contrary to what appears to be the vast majority of people, I actually don't mind them throwing in multiplayer. I'm optimistic enough that it'll be good, like when everyone bitched about AC having multiplayer, and that turned out alright.

Dr.Helios

Mar 31, 2010
Hmmm I seem to be in the wrong here judging on the general consensus but I am excited and this might just be the straw that broke the camels back in me going out and splurging on a ps3. I love the idea of fighting for your patron god and think the system could work pretty well.

While I agree with the fact it may divert resources away from the single player mode I guess that its something that can only be weighed up as a success once the game comes out.

Marker

Feb 17, 2011
Heaven forbid we actually retire a character at the end of series and risk introducing a new and original creation. No, no, share holders wouldn't like that.

I guess we should be glad that it's not a Kart racer.
(oh wait they already sort of did that didn't they)

Nov 18, 2010
I will reserve my judgement until I actually see how well it's implemented an whether or not the funds needed for it truly took away from the single-player. But to those saying a hack-n-slash can't work for a multi-player game, I point you to Castle Crashers; even if it did get a bit cluster-fucked at times, it never took away from how much fun I had while playing it.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
why does god of war need multiplier?
i don't see how it wouldn't be tacked on but who knows it might work.
i will remain very skeptical

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Vault101 said:
because... the kids thease days LOVE their multiplayer!...and the Idea of releasing games without seems to be an abtract concept for people

because multiplayer is better because its online so there for its better because your playing with other peopel so therefore its better and we created the reapers to wipe out all organic life so they dont create synthetcs that will wipe out all organic life....PERFECT SENSE

and don't tell me it isnt contagous..when theyre releaseing it for God of War thats telling you somthing
Oh, indeed, I cannot deny the presence of multiplayer in everything.

I can't wait for Team Deathmatch in Fable.

I know there's PVP in MMOs, so fantasy games aren't undoable, but it seems so out of place. Even moreso than God of War, if that's possible.

I'm fine with multiplayer games. I just wish there was more room for the dedicated single player experience. Unfortunately, the NEXT God of War will probably be a cover-based FPS.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
HOW TO TIE IT INTO STORY MODE: The teams are made of gladiators trying to gain the favor of Kratos.
MY REACTION TO MULTIPLAYER IN GOD OF WAR: I hope it's good for the game's sake. I'm not into God of War, but hopefully it will give the fans something else to like about the games.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Well I saw the multiplayer footage and I can honestly say it made me excited for ascension. The art direction looks fresher and the versus system looks pretty "innovative".