Mummified Body Found in Car After Six Years

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
She was undiscovered for even longer than Joyce Vincent, [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Vincent] She was left in her flat for three years after her death and no-one noticed anything out of place, there was an interesting documentary called Dreams of a life [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1819513/] that used investigative journalism to find out who she was and how she became so isolated that no-one noticed her death. It was pretty sad really, how she struggled to stay employed and suffered health problems before dying watching TV (which stayed on for the whole 3 years and was on when she was found) and wrapping Christmas presents.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I have questions;

If this was accidental death, heart attack etc, why was she in the back seat with the door closed and keys only half in the ignition?

If this was suicide of the carbon monoxide variety, wouldnt the evidence be right at the scene for the police to make such a hypothesis quickly? Such as pipe to window, blocked exhaust and keys in properly with empty fuel tank/battery.

What happens to all that succulent cash the bank has been syphoning from a dead lady the past 6 years?

I am sensing a suburban civilian conspiracy at work here. Must dig deeper!

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
That being said though, 6 years is a pretty fucking long time. not to mention all the mail that was held at the post office for her, even if all her bills were paid electronically you can't tell me 6 years worth of not picking up any sort of mail might seem suspicious.
Usually a mailbox can fill in 1-3 weeks or months, after that they take the mail and put in note saying that your mail service has been suspended, instead of keeping it in the post office, and mail to that address automatically gets labeled return to sender. So there probably was no mail going to the house.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
omega 616 said:
Must have had a nice job so her bills were paid for 6 years! Speaking of 6 years, are you surprised the organs decayed?

Still, it's a better death than having your face chewed off by cats. Still scary that you can die for 6 years and not a single soul misses you!
Well, when a lot of people get old they wind up more or less alone. It's not unheard of for something like this to happen, it's mostly the length of time that is interesting.

That said this sounds like something setting up a horror story or a mystery story. It's great that the police haven't found much that's unusual except for some mould, but it doesn't explain why she'd be in the back seat of her own car, as opposed to the front seat where should would drive. If she was just getting something that she put in the car the door wouldn't be closed and she wouldn't be sitting there.

The only way I could see that happening is if she was jumping into the car to get away from someone (or someTHING muhwahahaha!) and the back door was closest to where she entered the garage, OR perhaps more likely if someone was going to drive her someplace in her own car, which in of itself is odd.

If she was murdered that would be an okay place to put the body to prevent the stench of decay from reaching the neighbors, but if your thinking long term like that one has to ask why you wouldn't just dissolve the body with
caustic in the bathtub or something and send it down the drain. I suppose what was done here was quicker if it was murder.

For those that don't know industrial caustic is an ingredient in things like Draino which can be used to dissolve meet, skin, bones, etc... generally intended to clear blockages in garbage disposals and such. While it would work slowly for something like this, if you use something with a high degree of caustic you can literally melt a large amount of organic material like a dead body, including the bones, and literally dump it into the septic system. At least that's how I was officially taught (purely for academic purposes of course) to dispose of a body if I ever had to and had time (as opposed to trying to burn it, or hide it someplace where it wouldn't be found). I've never had to try and put that into practice of course, so I haven't tested it, but it seems like a fairly common sense thing if your murdering a recluse. Of course they might not have known they were this secure when it happened if it was a murder, and as I said this takes time (it's not like using actual acid like in spy movies and stuff).

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Well thats a long time to not notice somone is dead. and noone missed her. thats really the strangest part to me.
This is why i always pay all my bills manually every month, even if it costs me more. if i ever get into problem at least the bank will come looking for me.

omega 616 said:
You have a mortgage (the reason she was found was 'cos she wasn't paying it) and those aren't cheap! My rent is £80 a week for a rinky dink 1 bed place and that's £25 grand for the 6 years! Then you have crap she probably left on, tv on stand by, running freezer and fridge, phone chargers, microwave, AC etc.

Water I will give you, if she isn't drinking, flushing or bathing then it's not like you can be charged much for it (beyond the silly "well you have water pipes and those degrade so we will charge you for water erosion or some shit".
I think the most worrying thing here is that you pay 80 pounds a week for a 1 bed place. that sounds grossly overpriced. I currently have an apartment that is 46 square meters in size, a average 2 room apartment wihch is great for a single person and can accomodate a couple easily. I got a 17 year morgage with a bank, paying ~350 LTL per month. According to currency prices i just googled (supposedly todays) that would be around 87,5 pounds per month. These payments also take ~1/3 of my monthly pay, which is fair enough.

It really wouldnt be much payment if your not really living even if youl eft stuff on. Fridge/freezer actually takes the majority of its electricity because you keep opening it to take stuff out and put them in. If left untouched the consumtion would probably be 3 times less or more. there is also vacation mode that she may have turned on if she was planning to leave, that puts it into very low power state only barely keeping up the products cool.
TV is an unknown factor, for one my TV is unplugged and in the basement, but she may have one set up, however who the hell keeps their phone charges plugged in? why would you do that? And microwaves does not take any electricity when its not on you know. there is no "Standby" for microwaves.

Water not being used would only leave a "cosntant price" (which here is less than 1 pound). they ask for it becuase they have to lay down and upkeep the lines towards your house and those burst sometimes and stuff. Heating i guess wasnt an issue as it probably was in area that doesnt freeze during the winter, elsehow unheated house would had its water pipes burst during winter on first year.

rasputin0009 said:
Seriously, how do you not notice there's something wrong with the neighbour? I've noticed every house on my block has something living in it at least once a month. You take a glance out your window, and you say "Hey, there's that asshole neighbour again. I'm glad I don't have to mow his lawn for the 100th time.". I still can't get over that. Why the fuck would you mow somebody else's lawn for 6 years?
Money? She was decribed as somone that travels a lot, so she could easily had a deal with the neighboar to mow the loan for her when she is away and she would transfer some money to his account, and then she set it to do it automatically as that is actually cheaper than manual payments (bank knows when to expect transfer = bank can plan its expenses, so its beneficial to the bank to automate it) and the money may have kept being transfered and he may have thought shes just traveling all the time. after all she did "kept to herself" most of the time.