Muppets Parody Green Lantern in New Movie Trailer

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Muppets Parody Green Lantern in New Movie Trailer

Don't make jokes about Kermit's height, he packs a mean banjo.

If you weren't already excited - or at least intrigued - by the new Muppets movie, then here's something that might just pique your interest. Riffing on a certain summer movie, which features a certain lantern-based emerald protagonist, the new trailer for the film is positively superheroic.

This isn't the first time the marketing for The Muppets has done something a little quirky: The movie's reveal trailer was disguised as the rather generic rom-com "Green With Envy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110318-First-Trailer-for-New-Muppets-Movie-Poses-as-Generic-RomCom]." This new trailer has the same self-aware, fourth wall breaking humor, and I'm not ashamed to say that parts of it made me laugh out loud.

Besides Kermit, Miss Piggy, and the other Muppets, the movie stars Jason Segal - who also co-wrote it - Amy Adams, and Chris Cooper, and tells the story of a Muppet fan who brings the gang back together to save the Muppet Theater from a greedy developer. Statler and Waldorf - two cantankerous and incredibly hard to please old men - also appear in this trailer, which will no doubt delight their many fans.

The movie, titled simply "The Muppets," arrives in theaters on November 23rd. Hopefully we'll get lots more trailers like this before then.

Source: Wired [http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/06/new-muppets-trailer-its-not-easy-being-the-green-lantern/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired%2Fculture+%28Wired%3A+Culture%29]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Damn I thought we will get to see Kermit in the GL uniform. Still the trailer is quite funny.

diggy140892

Jun 4, 2010
Finally some Waldorf and Statler, that's the only thing the first trailer was missing. Now all we need is some more cowbell.

ChaosDemon

Oct 29, 2009
I need this like I need air. I hope it comes to the UK quickly.

I love the final bit:
"Not in Swedish"
"We promise"

Bob the frantic

Sep 5, 2009
That's the hardest I've laughed in weeks. This was pure funny, and Statler and Waldorf were icing on the cake. I am so psyched for this movie!

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
"If I didn't know better I'd say you were reciting an important plot point"

Gotta love Waldorf and Statler

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
That was actually brilliant... I'm getting more and more excited for this with every trailer.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
"Wait. Wait. Wait. Stop. Is this another Muppet trailer parody? Why don't we just show a real trailer? I mean, what are we hiding? Did we make the movie is Swedish or something?"

I think that qualifies as the best line in a trailer in the history of trailers.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Not in Swedish!? This is discrimination!
I demand that the Swedish Chef gets more screen time!

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
And all this time I thought nothing good could ever come from a Green Lantern film. I'm just happy this is a theatrical release, and not another direct-to-dvd Christmas movie about losing the Mupppet theater.

My only gripe is they didn't spend more time making fun of Lantern. That could have been hilarious. =)

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Awesome trailer, though you'll have to excuse me if I'm still in "cautiously optimistic" mode about this. Definitely been too long since we've had a good Muppet movie, but will it be the same without Henson?

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
So we can all just assume that this will be the best film ever and then we can stop with films?

Okay? Okay.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
ChaosDemon said:
I need this like I need air. I hope it comes to the UK quickly.
Apparently - and don't quote me on this - it's going to be released here about 2 months after the US release...or something?

OT: I didn't realise Jason Segal was in this. Even more reason to watch it!