Murder Your Maker Teaser All But Confirmed as Prototype Sequel

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Yay, another excuse to run around mercilessly eating people for shits and giggles.

Hopefully they'll manage to release it within a week of inFamous 2, for the lulz.

m72_ar

Oct 27, 2010
I love prototype, but i just can't see how they can make a sequel out of that game

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
One of the most enjoyable games that also turned out to be one of the most disappointing ones as well. Last year, that is.

More support for PC, modders and online mode, please?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Yeah, it's Prototype 2. If it is, I might have to break my little Activision boycott because Prototype 1 was awesome.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Both Prototype and Infamous completely missed the mark on an open world game where your character has super powers. Everything about those games felt forced.

ETA: Because I know I'll be shit on for stating the obvious without being obvious, the good/evil mechanics in the game were terrible and ruined just about everything that could have been good about the games.

Just make City of Heroes/Champions Online in single player form.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Murder your Maker? err did they play the same game as me? It's more like "Murder everything that moves, and some of the stuff that doesn't just to be sure, then eat what's left".

Binerexis

Dec 11, 2009
m72_ar said:
I love prototype, but i just can't see how they can make a sequel out of that game
It's probably just going to be the same game again but with a few very minor things changes. I don't have a clue what they'll change but I've got a feeling it's going to be very similar to the first game.

Kellerb

Jan 20, 2009
Dibs. no really. Dibs. prototype was undervalued awesome, and this is more of it.

...hopefully.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Playing through the first now after I got it cheap in a steam sale. Some of the missions are repetitive, but it's easy to make your own fun, disguise as a solider, call down three artillery strikes down on a military base just for fun, then steal a helicopter and fly off.

Hopefully the sequel gives more variety but keeps everything else the same or fine tuned.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I really enjoyed Prototype but I don't know if I need a sequel.
They're going to have to wreck a whole new (bigger) city (a city that has a lot more different features) and add a whole lot more nuttiness. I didn't really like the map in prototype - it was missing a lot of the landmarks and was far too neat & orderly.

Stuberfinn88

Nov 13, 2009
Finally some closure.... maybe.

As for who the maker is, I'm pretty sure its:
The child of Elizabeth Greene after she gave birth to him, from the result of the infectious disease that was spread in Hope Idaho, the child was taken to isolation and studied, and was considered an natural evolution of the Hope Idaho Virus, from that, the Blacklight Virus was an Engineered/manufactured version of the Child's physiology/virus makeup. So it can be assumed that Alex/Blacklight Virus will be doing some beatdowns on Elizabeth Greene's offspring. Like Mother, like son!

Jkudo

Aug 17, 2010
Amnestic said:
Yay, another excuse to run around mercilessly eating people for shits and giggles.

Hopefully they'll manage to release it within a week of inFamous 2, for the lulz.
...I was hoping for the same..Time to go pick up Prototype i guess.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Quartermaine said:
Hopefully Prototype 2 will involve a whole lot more Destruction 2.0!
Aw that would be AWESOME. When you suplex that guy off a building, instead of smashing on top of a building below, He smashes THROUGH it :D

I always thought prototype 2 should have like, animals in it to disguise as. So soldiers are all like "Aww look at the cute doggy" and then when the time is right, you go all "Thing" on their ass :D

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Eh, I played the original Prototype and it was "okay" at best for me. The story was downright shit, though you wouldn't play a game like Prototype for the story. The gameplay felt average for me, nothing really surprising, but I will admit it was fun to go crazy every now and again and eat up everyone you saw.

Overall, it was "average" to me. Though since Activision is publishing the game, I'm not going to buy it anyway (I've stated why I won't buy Activision products before), but it will be interesting to see how Prototype 2 (if this is Prototype 2) will improve on the formula.

And since the comparison is always made for some reason, I liked InFamous more since it felt more focused and the story actually had some sanity.