Music for those certain moments

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
I'm sure this thread topic's been done to death, but whether to necro a thread or create a new one, that's a can of worms I'm not opening, it also has no purpose in this thread of mine.

But name of the game's this: What do you listen to when you're feeling "...." ? Is it a particular song you gravitate toward, a band? Or an album that sticks with you for every part of your life?

Myself, whenever I experience a turning point in my life, and in an non-descriptive mood while I think, I end up listening to Zebrahead, just the entire album I've got of them, don't even skip any songs on it, just the whole thing.

But what 'bout you, Escapist posters, what's something you listen to when you're feeling "....." ?

Rylot

May 14, 2010
If I'm feeling down sometimes I'll bust out Weezer's Blue album. If I'm disgruntled I'll either listen to Green Day's Dookie or Flogging Molley's Swagger.

TheModWolf

Nov 19, 2009
When I'm feeling like nothing could physically go wrong I usually hit up The Wombats - A Guide to Love, Loss and Desperation. Such a fun album.

Jul 22, 2009
Generally on multiplayer games with a lot going on I stick on some Disturbed or Escape the Fate.

Usually some metal with melody.

And hell yeah loads of Zebrahead. I have almost all of their albums.

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
I have four "pep me up" songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98P-gu_vMRc Mr. Blue Sky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrEN-YKLBM Under Pressure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSADxMocaHs Don't Stop Me Now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFtkDEAhWC8&feature=related This Is a little more obscure. It's that Japanese band that did the airman Is undefeatable song. This song has just remained a favorite ever since I started listening to more of their stuff.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I have a big playlist of songs that play when I play online. There are all sorts of songs I play during certian situations, to get me pumped up or just help me get into the groove.

Mbizzle080

May 9, 2010
When im bummed out i stick on Kings of Leon's: Only by the Night
And when im in a good mood i usually stick on some old Stones records

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
Rylot said:
If I'm feeling down sometimes I'll bust out Weezer's Blue album. If I'm disgruntled I'll either listen to Green Day's Dookie or Flogging Molley's Swagger.
I've seen Weezer's stuff, I've never given it a listen though, I'll have to check them out.

NaylerTheImpaler said:
When I'm feeling like nothing could physically go wrong I usually hit up The Wombats - A Guide to Love, Loss and Desperation. Such a fun album.
Now this's a band I've never heard of, thanks for tip on these guys!

GamesB2 said:
Generally on multiplayer games with a lot going on I stick on some Disturbed or Escape the Fate.

Usually some metal with melody.

And hell yeah loads of Zebrahead. I have almost all of their albums.
Escape the Fate, huhh? Never heard of those guys before....but metal melody, totally makes me think Norse Mythology xb

As for the other Zebrahead albums, I don't see their stuff around here in the stores anymore, no surprise though, selection's limited around here xd

Jul 22, 2009
I III II X4 said:
Escape the Fate, huhh? Never heard of those guys before....but metal melody, totally makes me think Norse Mythology xb

As for the other Zebrahead albums, I don't see their stuff around here in the stores anymore, no surprise though, selection's limited around here xd
I use the term 'metal with melody' lightly.

I prefer to describe it metal with curves...

They have a lot heavier stuff and their earlier album (with the previous singer) is much better in my opinion.

And all of Zebraheads stuff is amazing... I'm just missing MFZB, Broadcast To The World and Waste of Mind.

I have everything else.

stormtrooper9091

Jun 2, 2010
well this is not hard:

for getting overly introspective: candlemass or something of the progressive variety
while having to do work: some heavily syncopathic shit
having just realised a certain woman is actually a horrible ungrateful little *****: Dismember - SKIN HER ALIVE

everything else is well, kinda not mood reliant i guess

Jacob.A.

Dec 17, 2009
You have to play classic rock online (Rolling stones, Rush, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath), It just gets you into the moment.