Music - girly, melancholy, romantic

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Mornelithe said:
All women love Portishead - Dummy. All of them.

Women, beware any man who has this album in his collection and plays it for you, they're looking for more than just friendship. ;)
I endorse this statement. Yes, I have this album, and yes, it's worked. Be afraid.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Zero 7. Great chill out music. Like Portishead (also good), but a bit more upbeat, for the most part.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
Elliee said:
I'm still looking for a style of music. From pop, industrial, japan music, alternative, indie to reagge.
I'm still looking for music who does not get boring. So the question I address to you: what do you recommend - girly, melancholic and romantic?
Girly, melancholic and romantic? ROBYN!

You really can't get better than this, this is pop music done right!

kestral

Aug 19, 2010
TheLaofKazi said:
kestral said:
I liked those, especially Ane Brun.
Check out her albums, they are great.

dogenzakaminion said:
kestral said:
You aren't Norwegian, are you?
Ane Brun and Susanne Sundfør are good choices indeed.

OT: i'm gonna say kent. It's not really "girly" but its melancholy and they have several great albums.
Haha, yup. It doesn't matter though, Ane Brun is one of the best female singer songwriters active today.

CountryMike said:
The Get Up Kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te4Wof1zGVk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw7BO__feBM

When it comes to melancholy and romantic I find it doesn't get any better than "Something To Write Home About"
Oh man, just remembered that album. Kind of emo, but I really dug it back in the day.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Scouting For Girls are pretty good. Contrary to their name most of their songs are about love in some way.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Almost anything by Kelly Clarkson.

Tori Amos.

I'm afraid i can't think of any more without suffering brain damage.

But i might as well plug one of my favourite songs. Don't think it quite fits your criteria, though:

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
lot's of country music is love songs. especially the newer female artists, taylor swift, sugarland, lady antabellum.

kestral

Aug 19, 2010
Although if you're looking for music that doesn't get boring, prog rock fits the bill. Won't necessarily reccomend it from your music tastes though, but perhaps check out Porcupine Tree for easy listening prog.