Music is dead....

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Aby_Z said:
You're just looking in the wrong place. Find a genre of music you enjoy, then search only for that. For me, that genre is Symphonic Metal. As of now, I have a 'big 4' of terrific Symphonic Metal bands: Nightwish, Epica, Krypteria, and Within Temptation.

You can find good music, you just need to know what your definition of good is, first.
I'd like to add Haggard to that list, imho they're a lot deeper than Nightwish or Within Temptation. Also, if you happen to like symphonic mixed with death metal, check out Hollenthon.

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
Music will never die.

The current trend is garbage indeed but Sabaton is starting to hit it big. I can find at least one Alestorm CD in any store. Amon Amarth is reaching a world-wide audience. The classic rock is still on the radio sometimes. The Baroque, Romantic and Classical composers are still featured on the radio.

No, music isn't dead. The main marketed audience by MTV and Much Music is just dumb.

TV isn't doing to well either...
Thank god for the History Channel, Discovery Channel, and Military Channel.

I forgot to mention how awesome folk music is! If you want semi-folk that's amazing look up Great Big Sea.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Metal is in no shortage of awesome bands. Soulfly, Megadeth, Ministry, Rob Zombie. And of course the greatest band ever....Nine Inch Nails.

Shotgun_Ninja

Jun 2, 2009
Aby_Z said:
You're just looking in the wrong place. Find a genre of music you enjoy, then search only for that. For me, that genre is Symphonic Metal. As of now, I have a 'big 4' of terrific Symphonic Metal bands: Nightwish, Epica, Krypteria, and Within Temptation.

You can find good music, you just need to know what your definition of good is, first.
Speaking of symphonic metal, Kamelot. Went to see them live in Atlanta a while back.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Shotgun_Ninja said:
Aby_Z said:

Speaking of symphonic metal, Kamelot. Went to see them live in Atlanta a while back.

I remember hearing these guys a while back. They're really good; I'll have to add them to my list after all.

Pacerman

Nov 18, 2009
Good point ChunX. Maybe my comment was a bit harsh. I'll admit that I like the "beeps and boops" of techno and such, I just hate when people claim music to be dead or it's not real music if a robot makes it.