Music Recommendations: DJ'ing

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
So,i'm a DJ-in-training and thus i need tons of music to mix. Problem is, my reserves are running out. Do you guys have any recommendations?

I'm mainly looking for House and other EDM but i could always use some dubstep and danceable R&B/Hip-Hop aswell. Imaginary cookies to those who help me out!

Polarity27

Jul 28, 2008
Most of the stuff I listen to that's EDM is Trance, which is a bit askew of your focus, but here goes: ATB, Tiesto, Above & Beyond, Armin van Buuren, Orjan Nilssen, Rusch & Murray, Lindstrom & Christabelle, Dash Berlin, JPL, Paul van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Ali Wilson, DNS Project, Roman Pushkin, Arnej, Vast Vision, Susana feat. Omnia & The Blizzard

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
For housey stuff look at Joy Orbison's newer stuff, Felix Da Housecat. And that's about the extent of the house that I know.

For dubstep, you could look at Jon Hopkins, Burial, Actress, Joy Orbison's older stuff, Mount Kimbie.

You could also try doing some remixes of Four Tet, Flying Lotus, that sort of stuff. And that's about it from me.

Good luck in your DJing.

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
These guys seem to know what they are talking about.
Use things like Last.fm's radio function and stuff Like TuneGlue to find new tracks and artists. When you start finding interesting and individual tracks, that's when you can build up your repetoire of songs to make your own playlist style.
Just to add a few of my favourites to play out, Daft Punk, Justice, Pendulum, Digitalism, Porter Robinson, Deadmau5, Feed Me, Crystal Castles, Skrillex, Flux Pavillion, DJ Shadow, Mr Oizo, Danger, The Prodigy, MSTRKRFT, Qemists, Unicorn Kid, Jupiter, Grandmaster Flash, Nas, Mark Ronson, Fatboy Slim.
Hope that helps!

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Nice, you guys gave me a big selection here (Though i knew about a few already). Kudos.

I'll research this stuff over the weekend, my thanks and imaginary cookies are yours!