Music that creeps up on you

Layz92

May 4, 2009
I was wondering if anyone has a band ,or several for that matter, that you originally didn't like but through hearing it at random places and just absorbing it you end up liking it. For example I am listening to the best of Cream (eric clapton and a couple of others if you didn't know) which I did not like when I first started listening to the CD. I just now realised I have been listening to it a good 3 or so hours now and am enjoying it. So have you experienced this and if so, with which bands?

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Cigaro by System of a Down. first time I heard it I thought it was stupid but after listening to it several times I love it

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Hhhhnn...

Not exactly my experience - new music either turned up or turned off, by preference. In general, the spectrum of music I appreciate has widened significantly over years.

Inverse of the topic, "Underneath the Waves" off Strapping Young Lads album City practically reached out of the speaker cone and yanked my entire head and body into the music.

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
Alexisonfire.

Never really listened to the album (Watch Out!) i got for christmas, Listened to it a few times but didn't like it.

Then one day i suddenly loved it....Still confuses me.

PS: Woo 600! I'm twice as cool as Leonidas.

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
Blackmore's Night. About 3 months in and I like about 90% of their stuff. Candice Night is a stunning singer.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
GWAR. I thought they were terrible at first and then I stopped taking them seriously and now I think they're great.

I also used to hate all music where the singer would growl or "scream" but now bands that use it are some of my favourite.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Christian's Inferno by Green Day. I used to think it was a massive piece of shit, now I don't actually mind it.

Same deal with Welcome To The Black Parade...except I fucking LOVE that song now.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Folk metal. I was really convinced that I hated it like the plague. Then just under a week ago I heard a folk metal song posted here and it stuck in my head. I downloaded the album and ive been listening to it ever since

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Paloma Faith. I heard her music at a friend's place and thought "well, that's all right, but it's a bit light for me". Now however, I'm really starting to like it.

Deathkingo

Aug 10, 2009
Drakmeire said:
Cigaro by System of a Down. first time I heard it I thought it was stupid but after listening to it several times I love it
I too used to dislike SOAD, until my friends continuously badgered me about it.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Jazz.
Found it sooo boring.
Then I realized I was sanpping my fingers too it. Damn catchy tunes.....

UltimateHorseradish

Apr 27, 2010
A lot of the music you would hear on the radio I couldn't stand, after learning that most pop has a very simple chord progession for their songs. Various pop artists, excluding Nickleback ofcourse, have found their way onto my iPod.

Nov 7, 2009
The Dillinger Escape Plan.
Hated them at first, thought it was unlistenable jerky crap, but now I absolutely love them.

EDIT: Y'know what, metal as a whole. I hated it until early last year when I started listening to Machine Head and Mastodon.
Can't get enough of it now.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
I used to hate Slayer and almost all death metal(not that Slayer is death metal, but the more I listened to both of them the more I got into them. Now a large chunk of my music library is death metal and I have Slayer's entire discography.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
II2 said:
Hhhhnn...

Not exactly my experience - new music either turned up or turned off, by preference. In general, the spectrum of music I appreciate has widened significantly over years.

Inverse of the topic, "Underneath the Waves" off Strapping Young Lads album City practically reached out of the speaker cone and yanked my entire head and body into the music.
That entire album blew my balls off!
Speaking of Devin Townsend, Ocean Machine started off slow for me, but I pretty quickly got into it more and more, and now it's my favourite album ever.