Music that Needs to Be Shared

samonix

Nov 17, 2009
Is anyone here listening to these songs or just posting very mainstream music that they think is obscure because it isn't on mtv?

Thanks to the Abney Park posters, pretty good.

My contribution (169 views on youtube, for some reason):

http://www.youtube.com/v/S068QB8aLf0

ElTigreSantiago

Apr 23, 2009
For those of you who haven't heard them yet... ALESTORM.

Oh and if you don't like this one, I beg you to try some other songs by them.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lukGs6MoE3U

The band is called Carney, after the frontman and lead guitarist, Reeve and Zane Carney. Their debut album, Mr. Green Vol. 1 is probably my favorite album of 2010. I won't go total fanboy and claim that every track is pure gold, but every track is at least worth a listen. Great band, and Reeve is an incredible vocalist.

It's sad because they get a lot of jokes thrown their way because Reeve is playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the Broadway musical. Ah well, doesn't make the band any less awesome. Can't wait until Valentine's Day so I can see them live.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Your Fake Name is Good Enough for Me by Iron & Wine
Just heard this song and it blew me away. You have to listen to the entire thing

imperialreign

Mar 23, 2010
MattyDienhoff said:

So bad-ass, I'll leave it up in the quote. FLA are an undiscovered gem, and never cease to amaze :D

BTW, nice to see another recognizable stalker round these parts.

Awesome track, and best stage setup . . . ever:

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Nearing9 said:
*For clarification, don't post stuff like "Crazy Train" or "Creep." This is for more obscure tracks
Creep the band, or creep the song by Radiohead? Cause I'm pretty sure that song is rather popular.

Hm... by artist, I think grunge itself isnt really heard too much, and if so, you think Nirvana more then anything. SO in that vain, some Alice in Chains:
<spoiler=Alice In Chains><youtube=f8hT3oDDf6c><youtube=7_zj3Yfbk6o><youtube=Dm98t-iGaN8><youtube=OGFYcxqCHSw>
Here's two tribute songs for Cobain and Staley
<spoiler=Pearl Jame and Staind><youtube=trBHjJJcX-Q><youtube=TB_9GB3G86A>
So yea, thats what I got.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
These guys are the inspiration for a lot of stuff I'm writing right now. Melodic, yet also somewhat technical. Not incredibly technical, but it's most certainly not just power chords.
Anyone like Protest the Hero? These guys are similar to them, but they have some differences. Quality in video is shit though.
Side-note: They've only released one album under the name The Syncope Threshold, but their name is now I, Omega. They're currently looking for a singer actually.

Mr.France

Jul 14, 2010
Anyone here ever heard of a band called Paradise Lost? It may be because I live in Brazil, but so far I've never met anyone who knew this band.

It's one of my favourites. They created Gothic Metal and I swear by all that's dark and damned I've never seen a band with such a variable sound, just look for the songs Pity The Sadness, Forever Failure, Forever After, The Enemy and The Rise Of Denial to check it. They also make the best music videos (at least the ones I like the most).

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
believer258 said:
ninonybox360 said:
yet again i get to whip out this song

Better mix:

Ok, the quality is not so great, but the inclusion of the music box tune just adds so much more to the song, at least to me. But after hearing it a few times it loses its appeal quick. The only time the song has any power is when Kouta and Lucy kiss and they remember that day, way back when.

...yeah, I definitely lost a few man-points with that one.

The rest of this is in a spoiler to save space:

ANYWAY, to gain them back I need to post a really good song that more people need to hear:

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot about this one:

nice to see someone else likes that mix

Nexoram

Aug 6, 2010
Baradiel said:
Here are a couple of my current favourite songs. I don't care if most people may have heard them, they're still hilarious:

Warning, strong language.

Enjoy!

EDIT: The second one might require you to listen more than once. I didnt like it at first, but its surprisingly good if you give it a chance.
I quoted you because
1.) You have a very similar avatar to me and
2.) You know how to imbed the youtube file in the thread and I forgot (AGAIN). If you teach me i'll edit the post. So in the meantime I'll just leave the link here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU-VA3BYzmg Deadmau5 Ghosts and Stuff. Really awesome song, even better if you have good bass on your speakers/headphones.

EDIT: I have now embedded it

Apr 8, 2010
I knew this thread was made of win. Thanks for posting all that awesome music guys!

Since I want this thread to grow and prosper, here are some more examples from my media library:

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
Somebody needed to share it and i'm kinda surprised I was the first one actually.
Ok being serious now.

dsmops2003

Sep 23, 2009
While normally I listen to metal and such this group caught my ear. I present The Sleigh Bells.

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009

And cause you kids prob don't about The Duke (He is truly a god among men).

If soft isn't your thing (I suggest you broaden your horizon =P)

Stuck mojo (one of the band the Dukes in).

And 40 below summer because they kind of vanished :(

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
This technically isn't what the thread is reaching for, but I think it counts.

The Video Game Music Playlist [http://vip.aersia.net/vip.swf]

I have no idea what it's actually called, but this playlist is massive, big enough that I've been listening to it for about a day and a half straight with no repeats.

As far as I can tell, it's all music from video games, from Ace Combat to Zwei II, with everything in between. Wild Arms tracks? Check. Mega Man tracks? Check. Touhou tracks? Check. Scott Pilgrim vs The World tracks? Check and check again. There's even some on there from games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Modern Warfare 2. It's all good music, and it's all from our favorite pasttime (though you might not recognize all of it).

Give it a shot, especially if you're looking for some good, different music to mix up your status quo.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
Nearing9 said:
*For clarification, don't post stuff like "Crazy Train" or "Creep." This is for more obscure tracks
Creep the band, or creep the song by Radiohead? Cause I'm pretty sure that song is rather popular.
The song Creep which has been played to death.