Music while gaming.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Never ever. I think it takes away from the immersion that a game is supposed to have. It's plausible in multiplayer though.

OniSuika

Jul 11, 2009
Very rarely. The music that best fits a game tends to be the music put in.

I will listen to music while playing maybe a game I've played a hundred times before, or while grinding in RPGs or MMOs, or messing around with friends in multiplayer games like Left 4 Dead.

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
As the majority of the games I play rely on atmosphere and alertness, I dont have to luxury of playing music whilst gaming. However, when Im playing a relaxing game on my itouch, I just leave my playlist playing.

Best coincidence so far whilst gaming was when Ave Maria played on my computer whilst I was playing Blood Money on my ps2

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I turn on Pandora Radio, have my station set to The Agonist and enjoy my game.

lol. Captcha: Never etarect

blacon

Mar 19, 2010
The PS3 could easily run music while playing games, it's not being used to near the processing capacity of that Cell processor. Sony just didn't add the feature.

I don't really listen to music much while gaming, instead I tend to have Youtube or something next to me to keep me occupied during non-respawn games etc.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
omega_peaches said:
Speaking of which, why can Xbox play music while playing games, but PS3 can't?
Because Sony left it up to the devs. I don't see why they couldn't make it mandatory like they did with the useless trophies OR just build it into the console itself. It's not a terrifically sophisticated function and they already have everything needed for the function already built in. They just need to build it into the firmware... but that's apparently patented by MS or would cause a boycott by EA or something like that. I heard a bunch of excuses. It seems like all I hear about the ps3 are excuses.

I can't think of any function on the ps3 that works consistently. It really does get very poor support.

BlackIvory

May 2, 2011
not really, I find it either distracting from the game, or you just concentrate on the game too much to actually listen to the music