Musical beauty and you.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Now most of us here enjoy music as far as I know, and that our music tastes range from just about anything to everything. Sure most of us stay in the metal and rock area, but I know that there are some big fans of rap and hip-hop on here.

What I want us to share today, and for how many days this thread stays alive, is what we feel is truly beautiful music, no matter the genre, group, or whatever.

Please keep in mind that if you do not like what someone posts it's alright, but this entire thread is opinion based so no one here is wrong or right.

My thought on musical beauty is all based around emotional music, but not in the way like Johnny Cashes cover of Hurt. No, my emotional is more like anger, sadness and depression. Why I like these emotions in music I do not know, but there is just something about them that causes my soul to fly around the music in true awe.
And such was the case when I listened to Gallhammers Ill Innocence. A true masterpiece in my opinion. There are three songs on this album that just make it into what it is, a true marvel of emotional music. That is not to say that everyone will like it, most certainly not, since it is very strange and off putting to even the most open minded person.

These are not the only songs that I find beautiful, but they are the best examples of where I find beauty in music.

For instance most of Opeths work I find beautiful. Especially the album Windowpane, and some other songs.

Now if you could please share yours so we, the Escapists, can see what diverse sense of beauty we all have.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Well there's Ayreon's album; The Human Equation, which is a story-like album about a guy in a coma and his fight with his emotions. The thing I find great about the album is that every single song has a different style and different instruments, although most of the time it has a metal/opera feel with the emotions and human characters playing the parts.

Two of my personal favourites are;

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
ChupathingyX said:
I only listened to Pain, but I googled this album, and after seeing that it's a whooping Hour and Fourty minutes I have decided that I gotta check it out. Thanks for the post bro.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Even though I am not a religious person, I find something very beatiful about sacred music in the renaissance period. Despite the church enforcing rules for their music, I don't think that was an entirely bad thing, as it has definately influenced the music of today.

The first time I listened to Agnus Dei, which was written by Palestrina, it stirred some emotions in me that I don't normally feel when listening to music. The harmonies sound very pure, and even though our ears nowdays are more acustomed to a wider variety of harmonies, it is still very pleasant to listen to something like this.

Darkstorm13

Aug 2, 2010
Don't know how to embed the video, but I absolutely love the first 24 seconds of this song, and then the same bit again at the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjVzqkSoAls

There are so many songs I could post, but I really can't be bothered at 2.30am

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I swaer we had this thread not so long ago....

and WHO says video games arnt art??

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Being the lethargic twat that I am, I'm just going to quote my answer to a smilar thread:

OmniscientOstrich said:
I don't believe in absolute favourite's in any sense, but here are some examples of some of the most beautiful pieces of music I've heard:

(No really, even if you're not a fan of screaming, at least give it the chance of listening all the way through)

Hmm, that's a bigger list than I intended, guess I'm a bit of a soft-arse. :3
Also, thanks to the OP for already covering Opeth for me. :D

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
ChupathingyX said:
Well there's Ayreon's album; The Human Equation, which is a story-like album about a guy in a coma and his fight with his emotions. The thing I find great about the album is that every single song has a different style and different instruments, although most of the time it has a metal/opera feel with the emotions and human characters playing the parts.

Two of my personal favourites are;

Possibly my favorite Album of all time : D.

Even though especially "that Album whose name is a binary value" and "Into the Electric Castle" by Ayreon are amazingly good, the very emotional story of Equation and almost entirely strong songs throughout make this one still the best.

Be sure to check out other projects of Arjen Lucassen, like "Guilt Machine"