Musicians, what is the easiest song you have ever played?

Feb 8, 2009
vivaldiscool said:
Twinkle twinkle little star.

Seriously, did everybody start with moderen populer music?
Nope. I started by playing Taps, Twinkle Twinkle, and Can Can on the guitar. And just a few days ago I won the school talent show by playing eruption. Maybe those simple folk songs helped a lot?

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Wasder said:
Back in black.
What instrument please? Because if it's the guitar, I don't believe you. You simply cannot play that song until you're able to play relatively fast for a beginner.

Well, the "easiest" song is hard, because there are a lot of practice songs. My first piano book had an excercise in tempo called "The Piano Tuner" where you played C all over, varying between quarters, eighths and a few halfs.

Easiest licensed song? I think every guitarist learns Smoke on The Water* or Seven Nation Army, every flautist/piccolo-ist(?) learns My Heart Will Go On, etc.

*If you're not playing the main riff with the 3rd and 4th strings, you're not a guitarist.

EDIT! Oh! Oh! For the guitar! Horse with No Name and I Used To Love Her

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
ROBGOBLIN said:
smoke on the water. I think that's the first song every guitarist learns first. Either that or seven nation army. And i learnt them both on the 6th string, which is totally wrong.
On the grounds that every chav who has ever picked up a guitar plays that fracking white stripes song...(I used to work in a guitar shop)...I'd have to say it has to be the easiest song ever.

That is based almost purely on the grounds that every chav is a retard...Someone challenge me on that I dare you...I double dare you mother frackers!

P.S To any medically retarded chavs who read this...I almost have sympathy for you.

Shotgunbunny

Jun 2, 2006
Lord_Of_Plum said:
it should be
e|--------------
b|--------------
g|0-3-5--0-3-6-5
d|0-3-5--0-3-6-5
a|--------------
e|--------------.
I actually play it
e|--------------
b|--------------
g|--------------
d|0-3-5--0-3-6-5
a|0-3-5--0-3-6-5
e|--------------.
:p

But no, Smoke On The Water becomes a bit harded after the intro.
I'd have to go with Come As You Are by Nirvana.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Smoke on the water.

It was the first thing I wanted to learn. It was not difficult.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
I played a song on my saxophone my five year-old nephew "made". He listened to a note I would play, then told me that should be in his song. He named it "A Best Song" and it went like this:

D D D A A D D D... and it repeats for the rest of the song, culminating in a beautiful C.
"Good work, Ryan. Now for the love of God, go play with your Action Man. Cousin Tattaglia is having a migraine."

T-Blade

Jun 12, 2008
Some people might have a problem with this but I have learned a lot song song's on guitar, and when it comes to playing semi-fast that's where I excel, I learned seek and destroy - Metallica with in 2 tries.
I get the timing spot on with that song because it's the right tempo for me, when it comes to a song like Sweet dreams - Marilyn Manson i can play it okay the only thing that lets me down is the speed I play it at, I play it too fast for the song.
So here's my list:
Seek and destroy - Metallica
One - Metallica
Master of puppets - Metallica
Now heres the slow songs that I can play perfectly ...
Seven nation army - White stripes.
The man who sold the world - Nirvana

Edit : For all of you who think I am showing off, I will say I can barely do the solo on one. and the solo for Seek and destroy, Well if I even try playing that fast I'll burn off the tips off my fingers.
I'm not that good of a guitarist, just give me a semi fast song and I'll learn it easily :)

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
ROBGOBLIN said:
smoke on the water. I think that's the first song every guitarist learns first. Either that or seven nation army. And i learnt them both on the 6th string, which is totally wrong.
7 posts before someone mentioned this?

Mind you, there's the easy way to play it, and then there's the actual way.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Someone already mentioned the cello part from Pachelbel's Canon in D, which instantly brings to mind the comedy stylings of Rob Paravonian, although Rob REALLY stretches his point when he gets to the medley at the end of the clip.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
i'm a trumpet player and easiest song of all time i played was (outside of 6th grade music book) for the beauty of the earth.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
T-Blade said:
when it comes to a song like Sweet dreams - Marilyn Manson i can play it okay the only thing that lets me down is the speed I play it at, I play it too fast for the song.
Yeah you should work on that, Its a pretty shocking habit.

I was in a band with a drummer who could play all this double kick metalcore stuff but when it came to playing slow and quiet songs he fell apart. If you plan on being anything more as a musician then just "Look at me, I can play fast! Booyah" then you should practice all styles or at least all tempos.

BadOpCode

Feb 25, 2009
kickin wiing said:
zen5887 said:
kickin wiing said:
Suite Pee by System of A Down on bass was the first and easiest song i learned.
It was harder for me to tune down to drop C then it was to play that song. Having said that is so much fun!
Haha, yea tuning really sucks.
My main rig is a Jackson Randy Rhodes with a Floyd Rose floating bridge tuned down a whole step in a baritone guitar fashion with flat wound jazz strings D'Addario XL Chromes Medium Gauge. 13 17 26 35 45 56 Since its tuned down a whole step I don't have to worry about the string tensions twisting the neck like a pretzel or dropping all harmonic tones. As far as changing my tuning ... I don't. I either remod or use a capo. Of course playing a capo dampens some tone but ... i dunno, Eddie Van Halen squeely noises aren't my thing.
But it's a great metal setup though. But I spent hours perfecting all the tunings and tensions. It was worth it though. I have had this configuration for over a year and it still gives me wood playing it. Probably because pounding a muted D is like pressing a rumbling PS controller into your groin.

T-Blade

Jun 12, 2008
zen5887 said:
T-Blade said:
when it comes to a song like Sweet dreams - Marilyn Manson i can play it okay the only thing that lets me down is the speed I play it at, I play it too fast for the song.
Yeah you should work on that, Its a pretty shocking habit.

I was in a band with a drummer who could play all this double kick metalcore stuff but when it came to playing slow and quiet songs he fell apart. If you plan on being anything more as a musician then just "Look at me, I can play fast! Booyah" then you should practice all styles or at least all tempos.
I try not to show off, But there's always something in your head saying " OH YEAH YOU CAN'T DO IT THIS FAST CAN YOU!"
But I do try not to ^_^
Plus it's always about me playing to fast, it's mainly me not being able to recognize the tempo and the beat of the song.
I can figure out the tempo, and I get ready to play, I play PERFECTLY when I play with the song, But without the song I play to fast, even if no one is here, I have no idea what happens it's either me trying to test my self or something wrong with me ...

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
BadOpCode said:
kickin wiing said:
zen5887 said:
kickin wiing said:
Suite Pee by System of A Down on bass was the first and easiest song i learned.
It was harder for me to tune down to drop C then it was to play that song. Having said that is so much fun!
Haha, yea tuning really sucks.
My main rig is a Jackson Randy Rhodes with a Floyd Rose floating bridge tuned down a whole step in a baritone guitar fashion with flat wound jazz strings D'Addario XL Chromes Medium Gauge. 13 17 26 35 45 56 Since its tuned down a whole step I don't have to worry about the string tensions twisting the neck like a pretzel or dropping all harmonic tones. As far as changing my tuning ... I don't. I either remod or use a capo. Of course playing a capo dampens some tone but ... i dunno, Eddie Van Halen squeely noises aren't my thing.
But it's a great metal setup though. But I spent hours perfecting all the tunings and tensions. It was worth it though. I have had this configuration for over a year and it still gives me wood playing it. Probably because pounding a muted D is like pressing a rumbling PS controller into your groin.
I play bass so to solve my down tuning problems I just got a five string. Problem solved.

T-Blade said:
I try not to show off, But there's always something in your head saying " OH YEAH YOU CAN'T DO IT THIS FAST CAN YOU!"
But I do try not to ^_^
See kids, this is what happens when you listen to metal =P

T-Blade

Jun 12, 2008
zen5887 said:
T-Blade said:
But I do try not to ^_^
Haha, it's true :p Although, I can play some blues.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
T-Blade said:
zen5887 said:
T-Blade said:
But I do try not to ^_^
Haha, it's true :p Although, I can play some blues.
Thats like saying "I can play Bebop and Swing"