Must have Nintendo Gamecube games?

Toejam

Mar 21, 2014
Didn't see it mentioned but Rogue Squadron (Star Wars). I seem to remember that was THE big game that made people want the console originally...

Monkeyball was fantastic...

I really can't think of any others. lol

Don Incognito

Feb 6, 2013
Mentioned a couple times, but I'll mention it again so it doesn't get lost among the bigger names:

Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2

Ridiculously fun little games.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't think there's anything I can add...I'm definitely going to bump the Zelda games (especially Twilight Princess since I'm horribly biased against the Wii version), I'm going to bump the Rogue Squadron games and, the Metroid Prime games. When it comes to ports, I strongly recommend the Mega Man and Mega Man X collections...which I don't think anybody else mentioned, probably because they're cheaper on the PS2...thinking about it a bit more, the D-pad on the GC controller makes for some discomfort after prolonged play...still, it's Mega Man and speaking of, Mega Man Network Transmission is a console version of the excellent Battlenet series...or was that X Command Mission? One or the other (can't remember, sorry.)

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
I don't think there's anything I can add...I'm definitely going to bump the Zelda games (especially Twilight Princess since I'm horribly biased against the Wii version), I'm going to bump the Rogue Squadron games and, the Metroid Prime games. When it comes to ports, I strongly recommend the Mega Man and Mega Man X collections...which I don't think anybody else mentioned, probably because they're cheaper on the PS2...thinking about it a bit more, the D-pad on the GC controller makes for some discomfort after prolonged play...still, it's Mega Man and speaking of, Mega Man Network Transmission is a console version of the excellent Battlenet series...or was that X Command Mission? One or the other (can't remember, sorry.)
Network Transmission was a platformer based on the Battle Network games, and is Gamecube exclusive. Command Mission was a JRPG based on the X games, and was also available on the PS2.