MW is better than MW2. Holy shit!

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
I've been playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare online and I've realized that I'm having a lot more fun playing this online than when I played MW2 online. I do admit that MW2 has better menus, but in the actual game, MW1 is more fun. Could it be the people? Could it be the guns? Could it be the maps? I don't really understand it, it's just better. Thoughts? Hve you ever experienced this with other games?

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
It's because COD4 was better balanced overall. The maps aren't entirely suited for camping, killstreaks were manageable and the perks/perk combinations weren't completely bullshit.

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
I liked both, But I haven't played MW2 online yet, i only played the first one...

I liked MW2 story better, but the multiplayer for the first seemed to be better, just alot more fluent.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
1. Modern Warfare thread whyyyyyyyyyyy???

...And I'm only helping the problem by commenting on it.

2. If you're playing on PC, it's most likely the fact that significantly more effort was put into the PC port of MW1 than MW2. And, dare I mention the name of the beast, dedicated servers?

bigass said:
It's a widely accepted fact that COD4 was much better than MW2.
This is the second time today I've seen you call your opinion a "widely accepted fact".

No. I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 more than the original Modern Warfare. Outside of this site, so did everybody else I know who played both games. It's not even close to a "widely accepted fact".

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
And here I was thinking that this was agreed on months ago. I actually like MW2 more than the first, but that's just because I only judge on single player. I'm not really an MP guy.

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
Timbydude said:

2. If you're playing on PC, it's most likely the fact that significantly more effort was put into the PC port of MW1 than MW2. And, dare I mention the name of the beast, dedicated servers?
You make it sound like a bad thing.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Modern Warfare and World at War to me are miles better than MW2 and its multiplayer

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
godofallu said:
I think you are wrong, but I respect your dumb dumb opinion.
Well I mean it's an [i/]obviously[/i] dumb opinion, I mean he disagreed with you, with [i/]you[/i] of all people... the nerve. COD4 had more effort put into the PC port.

Timbydude

Jul 15, 2009
TerranReaper said:
Timbydude said:

I only say that because it always incites so much ranting whenever the topic is brought up. Admittedly, I posted about my own negative experiences with them (or rather, the lack thereof) about two weeks ago, so I'm at fault as well.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
godofallu said:
I think you are wrong, but I respect your dumb dumb opinion.
I think it might be the people playing the game. After a time in a game's life, only the true super-fans will still be playing online. They're less likely to trash talk, camp, and generally actually try to work together in a team based game.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Timbydude said:

bigass said:
This is the second time today I've seen you call your opinion a "widely accepted fact".

No. I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 more than the original Modern Warfare. Outside of this site, so did everybody else I know who played both games. It's not even close to a "widely accepted fact".
I'm playing this on the 360. Thought you should know.

Timbydude

Jul 15, 2009
Blindswordmaster said:
Timbydude said:

bigass said:

I'm playing this on the 360. Thought you should know.
Oops, then disregard my reasoning I guess. The way I see it, it's either nostalgia from when you originally played it or you just prefer the different feel of it. They do play fairly differently, so I can see how you could prefer the first to the second.

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
Timbydude said:
TerranReaper said:
Timbydude said:

I only say that because it always incites so much ranting whenever the topic is brought up. Admittedly, I posted about my own negative experiences with them about two weeks ago, so I'm at fault as well.
Well, you gotta understand why it incites so much "rage" to begin with. You must be really unlucky if you've had any kind of negative experiences from dedicated servers. Of course, I could be wrong since I don't know what happened.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
It sure is opinions in here.

But I do think Killstreaks made it a bit more...hard.

But they need a better team. Seriously. Who the hell thought it'd be okay to keep spawning people right by an enemy Chopper Gunner?

I've had this happen to me, 25 too many times.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Timbydude said:

bigass said:

Generally you'll find that people on this forum agree with Bigass.

Rasputin1

Don't panic
Apr 6, 2010
Blindswordmaster said:
I've been playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare online and I've realized that I'm having a lot more fun playing this online than when I played MW2 online. I do admit that MW2 has better menus, but in the actual game, MW1 is more fun. Could it be the people? Could it be the guns? Could it be the maps? I don't really understand it, it's just better. Thoughts? Hve you ever experienced this with other games?
I have been saying this for bloody ages! No one ever listens to me though. MW1 is alot more fun because in my opinion it's a hell of a lot more balanced.