MW3 Changed Too Much, In My Opinion; Or, It's kinda crap!

ediblemitten

Mar 20, 2011
I won't be picking this one up. I did enjoy MW2 (it was a bit unbalanced for my taste, but it at least tried to be original, and it did change quite a bit), but MW3 just seems like a map-pack for MW2 with no large maps.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
F4LL3N said:
5.) Please tell me what they didn't do correct? The Layout seems good, the weapons and levels are fun as ever and the game is, to me a worthy sequel.
1. The maps suck. The Spawns suck. It's all just random chaos.

2. It's laggy.

3. The weapons are quite unbalanced. Damage seems to be random in most cases, or it might just be lag. Bullet penatration is too high.

4. Every game I get into there's 2-3 quickscopers. I don't mind the occasional one, but I'd like a game every now and then without one. But since it's been encouraged so much, that will never happen.

5. The unlock system is quite bland.

6. The class system is weaker than previous titles.

7. A lot of things seem to be randomly put in without even thinking whether or not it should be in the game.

I'm plenty good. Even in MW3 I can beat pretty much anybody without even trying. But when everything's chaos; someone spawns behind you, there's a quickscoper covering any area that is the slightiest bit open, weapons have been given random amounts of damage with no thought, most people camp, no teamwork, lag... When all this happens and more, it's less about skill and more about how pathetic you're willing to play, how unbalanced the teams are, and whether or not your lucky enough to not have someone spawn directly behind you.

People are saying the guns are "balanced" and gunplay is fun... There's no such thing as a 'gun battle' in this game. It's just basically spawn behind someone and shoot them instantly. How often do you actually have a proper gun battle with the enemy team. Rarely, because the maps and guns have had no thought put into them.

I wouldn't even call this an arcade shooter anymore. It's just pure randomness. Maybe every Call of Duty has been like this; maybe I've just lost my patients with it.

Sep 14, 2009
Tin Man said:
this is off topic..but is your avatar what i think it is?

if it is, i might just have to hunt you down, that thing used to be the grim reaper of my night mares.

OT: meh i'm not wasting another 60 bucks on it, when i can just play cod 4 for the same stuff, but more balanced and less raging.

i watched my bro play it and he let me have a couple turns, but like i said, it doesn't seem like anything besides bad balancing of maps/weapons on the map, so i'll definitely be giving this one a pass.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
TBH if you searched and replaced MW3 with MW2 in the OP It would still have fit.

Tommeh Brownleh

May 26, 2011
Eh. I like it. I'm not very good at it, and I miss my wide open sniping maps. There's also no "That one map" (That one map; noun; a map in a multiplayer FPS which is simply a rectangle with mirrored cover locations on either half. Texture swaps are used to distinguish one team's area from the others. Examples: 2fort, Wet Work, Blood Gulch) I like "That one map's." It takes some getting used to, and I know for a fact that I suck at the game. Then again, I like the CoD games.

MuppeTeN

Feb 20, 2011
I Bought it, and I regret it.
Can't believe how much quickscoping is in there :(.

Makes the game boring, also tried to play HC to avoid that, and could't get into a match after waiting for 5 min :S

Sep 14, 2009
Tin Man said:
gmaverick019 said:
Tin Man said:
this is off topic..but is your avatar what i think it is?

if it is, i might just have to hunt you down, that thing used to be the grim reaper of my night mares.

OT: meh i'm not wasting another 60 bucks on it, when i can just play cod 4 for the same stuff, but more balanced and less raging.

i watched my bro play it and he let me have a couple turns, but like i said, it doesn't seem like anything besides bad balancing of maps/weapons on the map, so i'll definitely be giving this one a pass.
Lol, guy from Jeepers Creepers, The Creeper.

Sucks to be you if that shits in your head though man, that film freaked me out a bit!
YES

god dammit, EVERYTHING about that thing creeps me the fuck out, even the sound of when his flesh moves/mutates.

after the first time i saw the movie, my uncle put on his overcoat with a bum's hair and put brown paint of his face, and snuck up on me while i was sleeping after it...

needless to say, pissed myself a bit, and was only 10 years old at the time.

not to mention i have on average 3-4 dreams a night, that god damn thing haunted me for years (it still pops in occasionally to say hello, swoops down at lightning speed while i seemingly run in quick sand away from him.)

Jun 11, 2008
I really don't know what to say here or how to start but the only thing that comes to mind is why do you honestly think BO is anyway balanced? I haven't even played MW2 but from looking at various player builds and glitches it is also far from balanced to(not that you said it was). I would even go as far to say that BO is probably one of the least balanced CoDs ever and I am not including MW 3 in this as I have no info about it what so ever.

There have been no large of open maps since CoD 4 and even then in CoD 4 there wasn't much to scream about in terms of open maps or at least nothing on the scale of the couple in games before that and BO was a complete and utter joke in this department so I don't see how this should be a complaint in relation to previous games. Unless they made every map Killhouse, Shipment and Nuketown. Anyway for all I know the maps could be the fucking size of Brecourt or El Alamein.

Spawns have always been shit in CoD games and don't pretend they've been different in any game.

Also I am just going to say this now the game has been out what like about a week? Do you really expect everyone to know how everything works, play coherently and have a functioning meta?

SweetNess_666

Sep 2, 2009
SweetLiquidSnake said:
Try this: Dont play online.

Play the story, which is why I loved MW2, get some achievements/trohpies, and spare yourself the headache of competing against that asshole who's been playing non-stop since midnight and is already level 50. I dont see the fascination of multiplayer....
Agreed. I play multiplayer just cause litrally all my freinds play cod multiplayer but the single player is Wow its so blooming shiney. If you want to completely tear the game to pieces play it all not just the online aspects like I say the story mode looks georgues :). Like I say to a lot of ppl online if you don't like it don't play it :)

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Op, your mom doesn't read your posts. Don't say "f*ck" say fuck. If you don't want to swear, then don't swear. Just don't bleep out your own swear words.

Burn2Feel

Jan 20, 2010
Ixal said:
Burn2Feel said:
Ixal said:
SweetLiquidSnake said:
Snip
Snip
1. That doesn't cut it. Someone who launches WW3 won't simply back off a few days later and argue against his ministers that peace is a better way. You don't flipflop on such a decision.
2. Lol, no. I know Americans are scared shitless about illegal immigration, but getting hundreds of armed man and WMDs into several European cities undetected is laughable as their borders are much better controlled than the US/Mexican border because they are smaller.
3. Unlikely. PMCs are legit businesses and thus people would notice when they are hired en mass by a know terrorist. Also, not many legal businesses would have much interest in working with terrorists in the first place.
4. Thats not how wars work. There are those annoying things like supply lines which means that the frontline can't be in Paris and Berlin in the same time. The forces in Paris would be completely cut off from any supply. And don't get me started about this laughable US invasion.
5. Right, people are smuggling a Hind into Somalia within a few days how? By freighter? Or getting through numerous more stable countries illegally with an attack helicopter which magically doesn't have to refuel? But I forget, Nicolay nearly has as many resources available as Marakov, meaning he probably has the 2nd largest army in the world. And the US getting helicopters into Siberia? Where do they refuel?
6. Yuri scared? This man takes on a whole army nearly alone to kill Marakov. Why would he be scared to tell the Russians that Marakov (known, internationally hunter terrorist btw.)was involved (he could just claim that he recognized him from pictures. But as the Russians didn't even bother to look at camera footage from the massacre to recognize Marakon and instead relied on CSI Moscow to determine that the one body found was American that might not have been much use). And while Marakov has a infinite, all powerful army he has hardly any political power.
7. A rather weak excuse. When the president who knows the nuclear launch codes goes missing, changing the codes would be standard procedure.
8. All other forces pretty much suck and fail unless the Americans show up. Why couldn't the French have defended Paris? And when you remember, the French got shot up till the Americans showed up and the Germans were simply obliterated. And the SAS also failed to prevent the attack. The only nation who has any success in this game are the Americans.

Also two new things:
- Why can Russian missiles be instantly reprogrammed to fire at their own troops? (And how can medium range missiles hit targets 100 meters next to their launch point? They are not designed for that.)
- Why does Price tell Yuri to operate the Drone because the Program is in Russian? This guy boarded a Russian submarine and reprogrammed a nuclear missile to airburst over Washington and he can't speak Russian? (Why didn't he need the launch codes for that btw?)
1. It's said that the people demanded a war, so he would give in to such pressure to stay ontop of things rather than let someone else (Makarov) take over.
2. I'm from the UK, I know how easy it is for immigrants to get into Europe through illegal means. All it takes is hiding. That, and Makarov is probably powerful enough to edit shipping details otherwise finding him would be easy.
3. Mercs, PMCs, pay them enough and not tell them enough and they'll do pretty much anything. Besides, only his aids have to hire them, Makarov just supplies the money.
4. If the Nazis could hold numerous frontlines on different continents then I see no reason why Russia can't on one.
5. There are somethings you don't question, like why mounted guns in pretty much every game never run out of bullets. I'll call your bluff and just say deus ex machina for that one.
6. Any power is political power, as seen when he kidnapps the Russian President's daughter and holds her against him. Yuri has every right to be scared, seeing as Makarov anticipates numerous attempts to kill him and he is on the "wrong side" according to every power that could help him.
7. Again, dues ex machina. Films and games wouldn't be half as good if people thought correctly. That, and if one person can only know the codes, then the person who changes them will have to teach the next President those codes while knowing them themselves. That and if they hit a big button to disable the launch sequence for the nukes, that means that they have no nuclear standing until they are opporational which upsets the balance of global politics and could put pressure on Russia.
8. The French commander states that he lost most of his men during the initial attack, hench why there are so few of them. The SAS couldn't contain the initial attacks, but don't request help from the Americans, so we can assume that they sorted it out themselves. For the Germans, similar to the French. Only they managed to mobalise their army in response to the Russian army's assault.
9. It's all down to coordinates. Seperate ships won't have their own tracking code, else it would make everything a lot simpler for the Americans.
10. I'm guessing that all he needed was coordinates and keys like the Americans did when they took over a sub. Either that, or he knows how to operate similar equipment and so was able to figure it out by trial and error.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
You've been bashing on the maps a lot, but that is a phase man. You said you hated Modern Warfare 2 at first too right? I'm pretty sure that was for the same reasons you are hating Modern Warfare 3 for. Stick around for a while, and get to learn the maps (Play Domination, fastest way to get to know them).

Honestly, what kind of genius do you take yourself to be to think you can get to know every map and play effectively on them having owned the game for less than 24 hours?

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Have you ever considered that maybe it's not the games fault your losing and dying a lot.

My friends in real life don't like the game because they are bad at it.

I have had some really bad spawning situations with it so far, but only on one or maybe two maps. My only gripe is that.

Raiyan 1.0 said:
Been playing a bit of MW3 in my friend's house, and while the SP is shit and according to him the MP isn't that great either, Specs Ops was surprisingly good.
Spec Ops survival was really good I thought, but Spec Ops missions were just the same as MW2's, which I really didn't like.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I am not liking the sound of this, being someone who played MW2 a lot and was never any good this game is sounding like a very bad Multiplayer experience for noobs like me. If all this stuff I'm hearing about constant flanking, and quick scopers everywhere is true I might just stick with MW2 and BO. Not to mention I don't like what I'm hearing about gun damage.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
I like it so far, but if there's one thing I can't stand it's the running animation. Fucking hell, I feel seasick whenever my character sprints, and God help me when he's carrying a rocket launcher, it looks like he's duck waddling.