MW3 no different than MW2....(some MW3 gameplay)

Moeez

May 28, 2009
I've never bought a Call of Duty game, and looks like that won't change any time soon. Man, I literally cannot tell the difference between this game and MW 2.

At least you could tell MW 1 and 2 apart, with some slight graphical tweaks and UI.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
I've played CoD 2, MW, MW2 and Blacks Ops and I've had fun with them, but I can see where the haters are coming from. Call of Duty has a great gameplay style, but I feel like releasing a new one every year with only a story update and a few weapons with a $60 USD price tag is just getting old. I can have fast paced running and gunning with any of the old CoDs and still beat the game with a sense of DAMN THAT WAS GOOD and save myself a few bucks in the process.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
theonecookie said:
Wow It's like people have pulled there heads from out of there arses and just found that sequels to games may be very similar to the game it was spawned from and do you know why because its a fucking sequel and a direct sequel at that. Morons

I don't know about you lot but i wold be a bit pissed if HL:ep3 suddenly turned out be a RTS set in post apocaliptic Finland or if BF3 suddenly became a anime style hack and slash or something stupid like that

Its COD its going to be and arcade style first person shooter list like just like red orchestra 2 is going to be a gritty realistic WWII shooter

Half life episode 3 will probably be the same as the others because it's not a sequel. It's an expansion of Half life 2.

Play Half life 1. Play all the expansions that worked in the exact same way........
Now play Half life 2 and all it's expansions. See the difference. If they want to keep the same formula then fine go ahead, but I wish they would just stop making sequels that are exactly the same and let people know they are just expansions.

Actully maybe this isn't so bad. After all, at least they are letting us know it's just a rehash instead of trying to make us think it's different in some way.

weker

May 27, 2009
Noceus said:
Why must people argue betwen Battlefield and Call of Duty, why can't people just post "I like that because of bla bla" instead of writing that the other one sucks and being a little fanboy. -.-
Rawne1980 said:
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Good luck with that, MW2 is still ?45 over here so I can't see it being much better over on your end. Or is that the kind of price you were going for?
Modern Warfare 2 £11.99 over at Amazon and £14.99 from Steam.

Thats the kind of price a few people pay for games like that.

As for MW3, was anyone seriously expecting a drastically different game or just a re-wrapped MW2?

We all knew it was coming and we all know it's still going to shift around 20 million units.
People tend to expect a slight improvement to graphics, same thing happened with FalloutNV, but at least in their case they had made vast improvements to game and drastic changes like rep.
Me and my bro have both been pondering what happens next gen as IW is kinda dead now (a husk to say the least) so next gen Activision will need to improve the engine, and ironically Kodic.. I mean Kotick wants next gen ASAP.

If this game doesn't outsell CoD Blops I will be happy, but I expect it won't.

Pyroguekenesis

Jan 20, 2010
OK, I was at least somewhat hoping for the CoD fans that the footage from the demo was a placeholder, but yeah this is truly a disappointment.

sergnb

Mar 12, 2011
even in a press event they still had little high pitched kids mic spamming the shit out of everyone?

Well I guess they wanted to recreate the true CoD experience.

Yeah, liked MW2, but I'm gonna pass on this one. Looks like the exact same game.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Team Fortress 2: Several new game modes, new maps, hundreds of new weapons items events and gameplay types, etc. Cost: free

Left 4 Dead 2: Graphics overhaul, new models, new weapons, melee weapons, new gamemodes, new characters, new campaigns, etc. Cost: £20

Modern Warfare 3: Maybe a new gamemode, a new weapon or two, another convoluted half-arsed story, changed around the underpowered and overpowered weapons and perks. Cost: £50

IIWatson

Jan 19, 2010
the multiplayer has actually been improved a quite bit, from what has been announced. yes it looks almost exactly like mw2 but who plays COD for the graphics? The people i know at the COD xp event quite enjoy playing so don't knock it until you've tried it.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
I'm not gonna buy this so it doesn't really matter. But it says a lot about the CoD fanbase that they can get away with doing this and still make a fortune out of it.

I just hope I don't get overrun with MW3 spam on facebook like I did with Black Op

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
MW3 is no different than MW2. Well, that fact was known as soon as Activision announced that there will be MW3.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Captain Placeholder said:
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Man Seananner is just a delightful person.

But it's just MW2.1
It's the same game with like little bits added on. I just.... ugh...
Vote with your wallets people!
And that is.. bad? I loved MW2, the campaign was great, if a little bit short. The Multiplayer I loved, minus the balancing issues that were far more in your face than other CoD games. If they can clean it up, make a longer campaign then I will be very happy and will thankfully spend my money on it.
So you want to pay for a game that you should have already paid for?

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
Radeonx said:
Well...it is using the same engine (I believe), so it being MW2 with different guns and different settings makes sense. Still looks fun to me.
Lol, not even different guns, I still see everyone using the UMP45.
Haha, I'm betting that they had all the files left over from MW2 and wanted to see how much that they could get away with. :p

jacobythehedgehog

Jun 15, 2011
Modern Warfare 3 doesn't look better then Crysis 2. Nor does it look as fun to me. But with hackers people will have no choice but to play Modern Warfare 3.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
AkaDad said:
Abedeus said:
AkaDad said:
So, different story and different setting means it's not different. I learn something new everyday.
People played CoD for story?

Hasn't it been "America VS XXX" for the past few games, ever since they stopped making good campaigns and started relying on scandals and 6-hour movie cutscenes?

...Wait, you mean that cutscene was the actual game? Geez.
I didn't say people played COD for the story. I imagine they play it because it's fun.

I said it's not logical to say that it's the same game when the story and setting is different. I don't understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

Umm. People buy Madden and Fifa every year, with every edition. There is not plot, story or setting. Explanation?

People are dumb and if someone says to them "BUY SUPER NINTENDO 65! It's slightly better than Super Nintendo 64! I mean, it's YEAR OLD, PFFT!", you can bet there are some that will instantly jump to their wallets.

Also, swapping "Russia" in "Russia attacks USA" for "Vietnam/Japanese/Koreans/Arabians/Canadians/Mexicans/British" is not "new story and setting". It's still "XXX vs America", where America always wins.

Now, if they made Modern Warfare: Native Americans, where the Indians attack America and try to take it back, and they succeed, THEN it would be a different plot and setting.

ruben6f said:
I don't understand why people are complaining, new maps, new guns, new killstreaks, new perks, new spec ops mode how is that the same as MW2?

And don't tell me "because it plays like MW2", the reason why it's like MW2 is because MW2 sold a lot.
So you enjoy paying $60 for something a normal company would release in a patch or a cheap $10-15 DLC/expansion? Thank God you're not the average consumer...

Mar 5, 2011
I don't see the problem. Acivision can recycle COD game play as much as they want. Games aren't all about to become gray brown shooters. Games like COD appeal to the lowest common denominator to reach as large a demographic as possible. They have a good formula that works with the Bro type gamers as well are small children.