MW3 no different than MW2....(some MW3 gameplay)

b4k4

May 2, 2009
Noceus said:
Why must people argue betwen Battlefield and Call of Duty, why can't people just post "I like that because of bla bla" instead of writing that the other one sucks and being a little fanboy. -.-
I've been wondering the same thing for the past four months, the one time I called someone out on it they came back at me with 'I'm not biased, I just like [game's title here] better, so [other game] just sucks.

I repeat your -.- good sir.

b4k4

May 2, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Guy in the first video: "I had fun with it"

Me: "Well, there's my expectations met."
And mine as well. Innovation is a wonderful thing, especially in this industry, but everyone here is obviously familiar enough with CoD as a series to not expect innovation from it, yet they still ***** about the absence. From my perspective it seems like they're deliberately setting themselves up for disapointment, just so they can have something to be angry about.

Occam

Mar 16, 2010
All I want out of MW3 is MW2 but without all the bullshit.

MW2 is an absolute blast to play when almost nobody is OMA/DC/Grenade Launcher, running Second Chance, Commando, or on their Painkiller/Last Stand deathstreaks. I'll gladly put up with the UMP .45 being overpowered (OP defined here as having absolutely no downside to using it) and being killed in 0.1s from a quickscopes if MW3 is just sans bullshit.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
-Samurai- said:
All this MW3 hate is exactly the same as the MW2 hate. God, what unoriginal hating.

I'll be sure to buy multiple copies of the game just to make sure it gets that "Best selling game of all time" record.
Since when did hate have to original? Not like video games, which is why mw3 will suck

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Hamster at Dawn said:
GameMaNiAC said:
It does its formula well. As a person who likes the CoD series, I don't care about innovation as long as CoD still has the satisfying feel of letting me shoot people in the face.
As much as I agree with you, there's no point in buying a new CoD game if it's going to be more or less the same as the last one. Why not just play MW2 again? Maybe you get some new maps to play on and a couple of tweaks here and there but is it really worth the full price of the game? There are also plenty of other games that let you shoot people in the face but would give you a more unique experience which would make it more worth your money.
MW3's multiplayer trailer shows some new stuff such as proximity mines. And besides, even if it was exactly the same, I'd buy it for the campaign and the new Spec Ops missions/challenges (+ the new Survival mode).

And if all fails, I'm still quite interested in the MW's story so I am wondering what will happen to the characters I've been introduced to in the last 2 games. Sometimes it's not all about the gameplay.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Macrobstar said:
-Samurai- said:
All this MW3 hate is exactly the same as the MW2 hate. God, what unoriginal hating.

I'll be sure to buy multiple copies of the game just to make sure it gets that "Best selling game of all time" record.
Since when did hate have to original? Not like video games, which is why mw3 will suck
And yet you'll still play it. Just like you played World at War, Modern Warfare 2, and Black Ops. You even have CoD Classic, and probably CoD 4.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Hurray! Another copy paste shooter that 8 year olds will still buy and make Activision/Whoever copy and paste it again! -_-

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Of course it's the same, they haven't changed the engine since the first one, which is a modified Doom 3 engine. They've updated it but done very little to it, I'm a bit stumped why it sells so well considering it's basically a minor update to multiplayer....then 15 dollars for a map pack that has 4 maps. I think they're up to 60 dollars in maps for Black Ops currently which is bloody insane.

I know TF2 is a different game but you get maps free basically (Unless you donate then you're just awesome) and the game was a pack in with orange box, now it's free. There's been over 100 updates and they've charged nothing for except for cosmetic items...which you can find or make yourself.

Hell, Battlefield BC2 even did free maps. Wait, even Call of Duty World at War did free maps (for PC). Suddenly CoD charges for a handful of maps and people shell out for it, this has turned into a bit of a rant but my point is when did this become okay and why do people still buy into this shit? I bought CoD WaW through BlOps so I'm not just 'hating' more like genuinely confused.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
-Samurai- said:
Macrobstar said:
-Samurai- said:

And yet you'll still play it. Just like you played World at War, Modern Warfare 2, and Black Ops. You even have CoD Classic, and probably CoD 4.
Yeh because borrowing and trying games is the same as purchasing them and getting to the highest rank, i stopped buying them after WaW

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Macrobstar said:
-Samurai- said:
Macrobstar said:
-Samurai- said:

Yeh because borrowing and trying games is the same as purchasing them and getting to the highest rank, i stopped buying them after WaW
I said you'd play it. I didn't say you'd buy it.

It's ok to say that you enjoy the games. It isn't a crime. I won't berate you. Others probably will, but I won't.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
-Samurai- said:
Macrobstar said:
-Samurai- said:
Macrobstar said:
-Samurai- said:

I said you'd play it. I didn't say you'd buy it.

It's ok to say that you enjoy the games. It isn't a crime. I won't berate you. Others probably will, but I won't.
Finally someone who understands!
Lol jks, your right I probably will play them since if I visit my mates it seems its the only thing they wanna play, plus the people who hate cod dont berate the players, just the game

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
One Hit Noob said:
mocruz1200 said:
in my head, this is how the creation of MW3 came about
employee 1: hey, we should probably patch MW2 and release some more maps for it
employee 2: no, WAIT! we can do that, but release it as a new game, and charge them full price again!
employee 1: GENIUS.
They used the same engine. Added new game modes. REWORKED spec ops. Continued what looked like an almost generic plot into an AMAZING one. Revamped perks. Made better maps. And than slapped in new guns. I think they did some good work.

This is not a proper sequel, look at the changes between COD 2, COD 3 and COD 4, now those were proper sequels. (PS, what do you know about the story to call it already "AMAZING"?)

COD 2

Typical TDM stuff, you get a gun and kill the enemy

COD 3

Classes and vehicles, a bit closer to a battlefield game.

COD 4

Costum Classes, Perk and Killstreaks (plus the modern setting)

(The second video seems to have problems, try the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnQoGEn9aKQ&feature=player_embedded)

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
One Hit Noob said:
josemlopes said:
First of all, I called the story AMAZING because I actually think it is AMAZING.
Secondly, MW3 is going to have a better Spec-ops looking at the way it is being made.
Third, more or less perks.
Fourth, continuation of campaign to end it all.
Fifth, do we need better graphics when they were good enough in MW2? Nope.
1- But how do you think its amazing if there isnt all that much information?
2- This is honestly the only good thing about it, the thing that is actually moving forward.
3- More or less perks isnt a good thing nor a bad thing, it only matters if they are balenced, same with the killstreaks.
4- To end it all? There is a big chance that it ends on a cliffhanger since COD is a money-maker.
5- They werent good enough in MW2, they were just "ok". And notice that most people arent complaining about the graphics, the problem isnt in the graphics.

This just isnt enough to call it a sequel, look at Uncharted, look at Gears of War, just compare the amount of new content that those franchises give every new game to what MW3 is giving.

Juk3n

Aug 14, 2010
Revamped kill streak system.
New Campaign. The length of isnt a concern, if its takng its baton from the past two MW series games i expect a 5-6 hour campaign, as should anyone familiar with the franchise. And if we GET a 5-6 hour campaign then the developers, as far as im concerned, have done their job.
Graphical tweak.
Sound tweak.
Revamp perk and weapon system. Inclusion of old favourites and new awesome sauces.
Added new mp modes.
Added a second spec Op mode (survival) ontop of a whole new set of spec op levels akin to MW2's spec ops. This makes Spec ops in mw3 quite mighty and quite a full and fleshed out mode.
Elite integration.

All this translates - to me - into a sequel, and one that i'll gladly accept, gladly pay for a Hardened Edition, and gladly give another 40 days gametime to as i have MW2.

BF3 has a 2 week headstart to convince me to stick with it, or return to it after i blast through the MW3 Campaign. But it has it's work cut out for it, in the sense that ive played the alpha already, and despite what fanboys will claim, the vast majority of the gameplay will be EXACTLY as it was in the "alpha", and it's battlefield 2 + BFBC2 in prettier clothes. We've seen jets (no innovation there), we've seen tanks, choppers, buildings getting blown up and have all been spawn trapped at US/RUS Deployment Base at somepoint in our game time.
Yet fans will have you believe that BF3 is the second coming and at the forefront of the innovation curve, because it was given a superior (PC) graphical boost. Bite me.

At least CoD fans don't pretend we're getting something no ones ever seen, we're all well aware that they're not breaking new ground here and there is a fundamental point that the CoD hating BF3 massive fail to grasp. SOME OF US LIKE OUR COD GAMES FOR ITS PARTICULAR GAMEPLAY...AT the moment. I want my latest CoD to play like my favourite CoD. MW2. I find the way it plays PERFECT. I also want my next CoD game to LOOK like my favourite CoD game MW2. Arn't i lucky?

The diff3rence in the gameplay between BFBC2 (which BF3 most plays like) and MW2/3 is what keeps ME coming back to MW2. Whether YOU like the difference or not isnt the issue.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
As long as it's a more balanced version of Moder Warfare 2 I'll be happy.
I'll be picking up this game sometime in the coming year. Not on launch day, but after Christams anyway.

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
AmrasCalmacil said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Radeonx said:
Well...it is using the same engine (I believe), so it being MW2 with different guns and different settings makes sense. Still looks fun to me.
Lol, not even different guns, I still see everyone using the UMP45.
OH NO! MODERN WEAPONRY IN A MODERN SETTING?

STOP THE PRESSES!

Still, is anyone really shocked by this? CoD's gameplay has been the same for ages, and it works, its fun.
Still, I'm not buying it new until the price has dropped. Especially not after Kotick's UK price hike.
Wait, price hike? wtf?

Saw this yesterday, actually did think it was a MW2 mod or some such. shoulda' read the title.

But yeah, I won't be buying this for about a month or two, and even then used

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
Juk3n said:
Revamped kill streak system.
New Campaign. The length of isnt a concern, if its takng its baton from the past two MW series games i expect a 5-6 hour campaign, as should anyone familiar with the franchise. And if we GET a 5-6 hour campaign then the developers, as far as im concerned, have done their job.
Graphical tweak.
Sound tweak.
Revamp perk and weapon system. Inclusion of old favourites and new awesome sauces.
Added new mp modes.
Added a second spec Op mode (survival) ontop of a whole new set of spec op levels akin to MW2's spec ops. This makes Spec ops in mw3 quite mighty and quite a full and fleshed out mode.
Elite integration.
I'm pretty sure a lot of those things are what Bungie brings out for free and DICE does as DLC, Call of Duty Black Ops could sell MW3 multiplayer as DLC and no one would tell the difference. Revamped perk and weapon system - sounds like a patch, also bringing out new perks every game just means that players are going to find the most game breaking ones and stick em on, also hopefully the majority of the weapon attachments in CoD won't feel completely useless. One thing to point out though that pisses me off to no end: JUST BECAUSE IT IS A SNIPER RIFLE WHEN MY BARREL IN SITTING ON HIS SKIN THAT DOESNT MEAN IT SHOULD MISS!!! Point blank range is called that because you shouldnt miss.

The only way I will buy this game is if they rework the spawn system so it doesn't serve to give spawn campers the ability to break the game or screw people over, also the other team shouldn't be allowed in each other's spawns, its not such a big deal in Halo or Gears where getting shot a few times only hurts you but in CoD it is a game breaker.