MW3 no different than MW2....(some MW3 gameplay)

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
Pedro The Hutt said:
yuval152 said:
AkaDad said:
So different story and different setting means it's not different. I learn something new everyday.
different settings?!?!?! the maps are just reskinned and combined with older maps.Look at the first map at the first video it's combined beteween two maps from MW1 and MW2.
How petty can you guys get? Now you're just looking for, if not making up excuses to say the game is the same.

Yes, the guns are the same because we're still in the same time period, although several got reskinned, but we'll be visiting new locations which will hopefully open up new tactics, and the trailer shows at least a few mechanics not seen in MW2 (granted, I only got the game recently in a Steam sale to see what the fuss is about so I might not have seen everything yet).

If we want to take cheap shots we could also just as easily say that BF3 will largely be a graphical update for BF2, with another abundance of desert and urban maps, with largely the same factions as last time duking it out. Using the same tools and weapons. Now with added big notifications of headshots and similar. And if we want to be really cheap we can start laughing at how you can't even change servers without exiting the game, or not even play the game without installing and running EA's intrusive Origin software.

Just accept both games for what they are, decent enough FPS games that show different aspects of modern warfare. And neither is perfect in executing that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a Red Orchestra 2 beta to get back to.
I preordered RO2, How are the tanks they look sweet in videos. I'm can't wait for it to come out.

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
Juk3n said:
Revamped kill streak system.
New Campaign. The length of isnt a concern, if its takng its baton from the past two MW series games i expect a 5-6 hour campaign, as should anyone familiar with the franchise. And if we GET a 5-6 hour campaign then the developers, as far as im concerned, have done their job.
Graphical tweak.
Sound tweak.
Revamp perk and weapon system. Inclusion of old favourites and new awesome sauces.
Added new mp modes.
Added a second spec Op mode (survival) ontop of a whole new set of spec op levels akin to MW2's spec ops. This makes Spec ops in mw3 quite mighty and quite a full and fleshed out mode.
Elite integration.

All this translates - to me - into a sequel, and one that i'll gladly accept, gladly pay for a Hardened Edition, and gladly give another 40 days gametime to as i have MW2.

BF3 has a 2 week headstart to convince me to stick with it, or return to it after i blast through the MW3 Campaign. But it has it's work cut out for it, in the sense that ive played the alpha already, and despite what fanboys will claim, the vast majority of the gameplay will be EXACTLY as it was in the "alpha", and it's battlefield 2 + BFBC2 in prettier clothes. We've seen jets (no innovation there), we've seen tanks, choppers, buildings getting blown up and have all been spawn trapped at US/RUS Deployment Base at somepoint in our game time.
Yet fans will have you believe that BF3 is the second coming and at the forefront of the innovation curve, because it was given a superior (PC) graphical boost. Bite me.

At least CoD fans don't pretend we're getting something no ones ever seen, we're all well aware that they're not breaking new ground here and there is a fundamental point that the CoD hating BF3 massive fail to grasp. SOME OF US LIKE OUR COD GAMES FOR ITS PARTICULAR GAMEPLAY...AT the moment. I want my latest CoD to play like my favourite CoD. MW2. I find the way it plays PERFECT. I also want my next CoD game to LOOK like my favourite CoD game MW2. Arn't i lucky?

The diff3rence in the gameplay between BFBC2 (which BF3 most plays like) and MW2/3 is what keeps ME coming back to MW2. Whether YOU like the difference or not isnt the issue.
I'm sorry In your post you praise one series for a graphical tweak and then you say bite me to the other series for doing a better tweak. Your arguments make no sense. lol if you want your game to be MW2 then why don't you just play mw2 and not drop $60

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
bootz said:
Juk3n said:
I'm sorry In your post you praise one series for a graphical tweak and then you say bite me to the other series for doing a better tweak. Your arguments make no sense. lol if you want your game to be MW2 then why don't you just play mw2 and not drop $60
Actually his arguement makes a lot of sense
Then he starts hating on BF and then you start hating on CoD

Also while I agree with you bootz, I probably won't be picking up either game,
MW3 because I'm a cheap bastard and love MW1 too much
BF3 because of Origin (I don't have any of them newfangled consoles, only a newfangled PC)

So basically in the end, MW3 is like MW2 which isn't necessarily a bad thing and BF3 is being used by an idiotic corporation hoping people on PC will eventually give up and let their PC be searched in the name of ads

And then theres Battlefield 2142, which is the best battlefield game ever :V

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
:3 Oh my COD! (see what i did theer?)
An FPS multi-million frachise that doesnt innovate W00T??

No seriosly.. I dont get why people complain about these things. The game is good and its going to sell millions of copies, who would be so stupid to change good and fun formula that makes them ao much money? Nobody.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
In other news: The sky is blue, grass is green, Scout hurts people, bioware games have good writing and michael atkinson molests dogs.
Seriously, though, is anyone surprised? Anyone?

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
Nazulu said:
b3nn3tt said:
I don't really understand why it's a bad thing if it plays the same way as the previous iteration, as long as the story is different. Really, how many sequels actually change that much of the gameplay from the previous game? I can think of very few, and the ones that do make changes tend to make fairly minor changes.

I seem to be saying this a lot recently, but I'll say it again anyway; nobody is forcing anyone to buy this game. Don't like that the game play hasn't changed? Don't buy it. Don't like the story? Don't buy it? Don't like the developers? Don't buy it? I don't understand why people develop such strong feelings about games that they claim to not be interested in, if you aren't interested just don't look at anything related to the game, that way you don't have to develop some irrational anger towards it.
People have the right to complain, and just like you tell people to avoid it, you can avoid them. The 'nobody is forcing you' defense is worth nothing, it won't stop anyone ever and that's because you probably don't understand how they feel about COD.

If you care at all, I'll tell you how I feel about this whole thing. I'm frankly sick of them having so much power just developing something similar every year or two without even trying to make something special out of it. Aren't they rolling in money now? Why can't they take things to the next level or try something different at least? I bet they could make a BIG COD and still get what they want, but I'm pretty sure it's because they enjoy the easy money.

I'm quite aware they aren't the only company over milking franchises, but that's no excuse. This also does effect the game industry in a negative way. We've all seen company's copy one another, playing it extra safe, and it's starting to become over kill. Realistic shooters dominate the market and a lot of people are sick of it, they want to see change, and what better way is there than letting those company's feel our wrath? I know you know and everyone else knows that voting with your wallet is meaningless because they are going to be popular no matter what.

I shouldn't assume such things but I've seen this before soooo many times.
True, I don't understand how people feel about COD. But if something were to happen to a game/series that I love, I would just go back to the original and not care about the sequels. I don't understand why people get so upset about something that they aren't being forced to play.

I completely agree with you that rolling out a very similar game each year with little to no differences is a horrible business practice from the point of view of the consumer. But that's what they've decided to do. The thing is, the majority of people are obviously not sick of realistic shooters, or else they wouldn't sell so well. Voting with your wallet as an individual is fairly ineffective, but at least it's something. And once a lot of people all do it, things do change. Just look at the Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk franchises. People en masse got bored of the same game being released each year, stopped buying them, and no the series are dead. The only real 'problem' is that COD is popular.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Yeah MW3 is going to be great, just like every other COD game ever made by IW.

Hate on haters, it won't stop them from making the COD games that I love. Nothing will stop that, aside from them making a bad game; which they are seemingly incapable of doing.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
b3nn3tt said:
True, I don't understand how people feel about COD. But if something were to happen to a game/series that I love, I would just go back to the original and not care about the sequels. I don't understand why people get so upset about something that they aren't being forced to play.

I completely agree with you that rolling out a very similar game each year with little to no differences is a horrible business practice from the point of view of the consumer. But that's what they've decided to do. The thing is, the majority of people are obviously not sick of realistic shooters, or else they wouldn't sell so well. Voting with your wallet as an individual is fairly ineffective, but at least it's something. And once a lot of people all do it, things do change. Just look at the Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk franchises. People en masse got bored of the same game being released each year, stopped buying them, and no the series are dead. The only real 'problem' is that COD is popular.
I agree with you on that, there are definitely too many people getting upset, over exaggerating and attacking the innocent over this which is not the way to go. Something unfortunately that's unstoppable, but I ignore those who take it too far.

Also, I completely agree you should vote with your wallet still but this has gone on for a long time now and I believe it's OK for people to let the company's know that. It would make you a hypocrite to still buy into the franchise and complain about it at the same time, which is pretty silly.

Frankly, it would be satisfying enough to see them leave their comfort zone every now and again, just to make things more interesting. That's all I'm talking about, not killing of the series altogether, just a bit of change like another franchise or add something special to COD besides the usual.

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
Nazulu said:
b3nn3tt said:

I agree with you on that, there are definitely too many people getting upset, over exaggerating and attacking the innocent over this which is not the way to go. Something unfortunately that's unstoppable, but I ignore those who take it too far.

Also, I completely agree you should vote with your wallet still but this has gone on for a long time now and I believe it's OK for people to let the company's know that. It would make you a hypocrite to still buy into the franchise and complain about it at the same time, which is pretty silly.

Frankly, it would be satisfying enough to see them leave their comfort zone every now and again, just to make things more interesting. That's all I'm talking about, not killing of the series altogether, just a bit of change like another franchise or add something special to COD besides the usual.
The thing is, there was a similar thing when Modern Warfare 2 was announced. I don't know if you remember or were aware, but there was a huge boycott planned, which lots and lots of people signed up to. You'd hope that that would send a message to the developers, but instead most of those people still bought the game. That's what gets to me most, is the fact that the majority of people who complain are still going to go ot and buy the game.

What they could probably do, which shouldn't upset the major fanbase too much, is to do a spin-off game, possibly made by a subset of developers. I'm not entirely sure how that would work, but the principle of it, I think, is sound.

But in the meantime there are plenty of alternatives to COD that people could invest in if they're sick of it.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
b3nn3tt said:
The thing is, there was a similar thing when Modern Warfare 2 was announced. I don't know if you remember or were aware, but there was a huge boycott planned, which lots and lots of people signed up to. You'd hope that that would send a message to the developers, but instead most of those people still bought the game. That's what gets to me most, is the fact that the majority of people who complain are still going to go ot and buy the game.

What they could probably do, which shouldn't upset the major fanbase too much, is to do a spin-off game, possibly made by a subset of developers. I'm not entirely sure how that would work, but the principle of it, I think, is sound.

But in the meantime there are plenty of alternatives to COD that people could invest in if they're sick of it.
Are you sure the majority that complain still buy the game? I wouldn't have a clue but from this website alone I've seen many avoid it like me. If that's the case then that's just sad.

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
Nazulu said:
b3nn3tt said:

Are you sure the majority that complain still buy the game? I wouldn't have a clue but from this website alone I've seen many avoid it like me. If that's the case then that's just sad.
Well, no. But I just assume it must be so, judging by the ridiculous amount of games that are sold. To my mind, if everyone that complained didn't then buy the game the numbers wouldn't be so high. But I may well be wrong about that.