MW3

Jesse Willadson

Jan 14, 2012
Hello. I keep seeing MW3 posts and thought I would throw in something about the series that I have thought for a while.

I think we need to stop reviewing MW. no really.

There are games that are made for an artistic reason and games that are made for money. The first one might have been in the first category but it is now, without a doubt, in the second. I might be simplifying a bit but really, how much is going to change? Its like pokemon, or madden, or dynasty warriors, they might tweak a few things here and there, but the core gameplay is going to stay the same.
How we feel about this? I am a right or should I go fuck myself?

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Yeah, it'd be nice if people would shut up about it. Especially on this site. It's always the same arguments, and neither side will ever listen to the other, so why bother?

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
CoD has hit that cultural sweet spot inhabited by Twilight and the englsih Conservative party where everyone with half a brain hates it, but it has so many idiot fans that it will always be there.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
I honestly don't care one way or the other. I just got tired of Cod and knew I wasn't getting this one when I saw a video of the game and couldn't tell when they switched between MW2 and MW3. So I shut that part out and ignore the links. Truth be told only reason I clicked on this thread was because it surprised me how a CoD thread could have so little comments in it lol

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Well, I for one am looking forward to the changes that Mid-Wives 4: The Rebirthening will bring. Haters' gonna hate.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Gearhead mk2 said:
CoD has hit that cultural sweet spot inhabited by Twilight and the englsih Conservative party where everyone with half a brain hates it, but it has so many idiot fans that it will always be there.
Sorry but you have just insulted pretty much millions of people. So just because I like MW3 it means that I am stupid? That is very, very bad logic and will not get you anywhere in an argument. Think about it this way, if a college proffesor plays a few rounds of TDM every night and enjoys is then in your eyes he is stupid?

OT:You are new here so I'll give you some slack. But telling people to stop talking about something will never actually make it happen here. As always haters are always gonna hate and fans are always gonna be there to defend MW. Just the way it is.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Jesse Willadson said:
Its like pokemon,
At this point I stopped reading your post

You are not right, at all. Pokemon may make alot of money but dear god they are not shoved out for the purpose of that.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Gearhead mk2 said:
A guy quoted you to say that the truth of that statement made him sad. I thought I'd quote you and say that the horrendous arrogance behind that statement saddens me. The fact that you think yourself smarter than anyone who enjoys a game you don't like, or hell, supports a major political party is just terrible. Seriously, stop it.

Nocola

Aug 10, 2009
I understand all the criticism the series gets, and it's certainly valid. But I enjoy it, I find it fun - like a bad action movie.

Well, should I string myself up or let the others do it?

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
Gearhead mk2 said:
Sorry but you have just insulted pretty much millions of people. So just because I like MW3 it means that I am stupid? That is very, very bad logic and will not get you anywhere in an argument. Think about it this way, if a college proffesor plays a few rounds of TDM every night and enjoys is then in your eyes he is stupid?

OT:You are new here so I'll give you some slack. But telling people to stop talking about something will never actually make it happen here. As always haters are always gonna hate and fans are always gonna be there to defend MW. Just the way it is.
I didnt say all fans are idioits, i said it has a lot of idiot fans. The CoD games do have some astounding moments like the nuke in MW1, the prison escape from BlOps and the ending of WaW. But there is just so much gunwank padding between these great moments to appeal to those that make Forrest Gump look smart.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
You know what would be better?

If y'all let this subject go. Jesus H. Christ people, ITS A FUCKING GAME... you don't have to even acknowledge it.

I'm no cod fan and the last cod game I owned was World at War. But regardless of how repetitive the game gets I find the people who constantly feel obliged to rant and rage over the game to be far more irksome then any CoD game could every manage.

Seriously, the best way to combat it, is to IGNORE IT.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Woodsey said:
Well, I for one am looking forward to the changes that Mid-Wives 4: The Rebirthening will bring. Haters' gonna hate.
Same here, I can't wait for the 4th one. It looks like it's going to be the best one yet.

weker

May 27, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
It's just someone who hasn't who has the normal stuck up gamer persona, I wouldn't bother.
I had some hassle from some other people as they had the idea that "every" indie dev is trying to further then genre in some way and all their games are vastly better because the teams tend to be smaller ¬_¬

Gearhead mk2 said:
I didnt say all fans are idioits, i said it has a lot of idiot fans. The CoD games do have some astounding moments like the nuke in MW1, the prison escape from BlOps and the ending of WaW. But there is just so much gunwank padding between these great moments to appeal to those that make Forrest Gump look smart.
You didn't call the idiots, but you did say everyone with half a brain hates it, which is basically the same thing, and is still an insult.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Jesse Willadson said:
I am a right or should I go fuck myself?
You are right, please do not f*ck yourself, that's anatomically impossible.

I'm somewhat of a fan but I think COD as a series has run it's course. Here's to the hope that Activision will not milk a dead cow.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Yes it should be revieved, as should every sport game and every DLC because someone out wants to know what it's like before they buy. The escapist employees don't like COD or madden games etc. but as they said in the podcasts it's the little details that matter. Just because you don't care about them doesn't mean millions of others don't. If you don't like COD then don't pay attention to it.

Stu35

Aug 1, 2011
Terminate421 said:
You are not right, at all. Pokemon may make alot of money but dear god they are not shoved out for the purpose of that.
Please tell me that was sarcasm?

Pokemon is an exercise in capitalism(if one defines capitalism as the creation of goods or services for the purposes of maximum profit), that's all. I'm surprised whoever invented it has yet to produce a thesis called "Consumerism: How to win at it by combining adorable collectible characters and every form of media.".

A lengthy title I'm aware, but that's why I'm not sat atop my golden throne paid for by the sale of a billion Pikachu dolls.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I like to play a round once in a while. It`s good fun, in my opinion. Tho i do admit that the MW ones seem to be awfully similar to each other on the multiplayer level. And the single player, well, let`s just say that i keep my games varied. I like stuff with deep, thought-provoking story, and i like games where there`s one slow-motion explosion/epically-proportioned moment after the other. And that is what the MW series single palyer is to me. Short, explosive fun. Doesn`t make a lot of sense, but fun nonetheless.
But that`s just my opinion.