My 360 hates Dragon Age.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Yes it's official after over a half hour of tinkering today i have thoroughly come to the conclusion that my 360 hates my Dragon Age games. I have tried both the Origins and DA2 discs several million times and each time it's like it doesn't even try to read and play them, instead going straight back to the "Open Tray" display.

At first i thought "perhaps it just hates Bioware" but then i put in my copy of Mass Effect and it started up perfectly. So yes i'm a little miffed here. Really considering breaking out a sledgy and smashing this thing to bits but i have other stuff to play and arcade games as well so that's out of the question. Guess it's time to start looking at cheap xbox's for me.

EDIT: Update. I have since trashed that 360 and have purchased a new one.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I have the opposite problem. My 360 loves to play them and I don't.

Are the discs second hand? Scratched? Generally faulty? If they're still under warentee you can return them even if you bought second hand. I'm not going to insult your intelligence by asking if you put them in the right way, even though i genuinely knew someone who did that.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Zantos said:
I have the opposite problem. My 360 loves to play them and I don't.

Are the discs second hand? Scratched? Generally faulty? If they're still under warentee you can return them even if you bought second hand. I'm not going to insult your intelligence by asking if you put them in the right way, even though i genuinely knew someone who did that.
Origins was bought new and 2 was gotten on launch day so that's out of the question.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Have you tried installing to the hard drive? Or is it completely denying all knowledge of a disc being present? If it's upright have you tried lying the xbox down (make sure you take the disc out to move it) then try putting in the disc again.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Zantos said:
Have you tried installing to the hard drive? Or is it completely denying all knowledge of a disc being present? If it's upright have you tried lying the xbox down (make sure you take the disc out to move it) then try putting in the disc again.
It is completely denying the existence of the disc and the unit is laying sideways as it should be.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
That sounds like my 360's reaction to nearly every single game. It does one of 3 things when reading discs: Says that there is nothing in the tray, says that the game is unreadable (which it never is), or actually plays the game. It never plays the game on the first time I boot it up. It takes about 5 minutes or so before the thing somehow "warms up" and actually wants to play the game. Some games it can take up to 10 minutes to get working. I still love it though... It has my favorite controller and many awesome games. The hardware is just a piece of crap though.

cheesemanxl

May 31, 2008
just blow into your disc tray or vacuum it out. The open tray thing has happened to me a couple times.

drh1975

Dec 8, 2010
I know how you feel, sort of. But in my case, Fallout: New Vegas hates my PS3.