My Biggest Problem with New Vegas Isn't the Bugs

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
It's the radio stations. I loved GNR and the enclave, I have each one on for the entire time of my 100+ hours sunk into the game, but here I turned the radio off after one hour. There's only like 3 songs and their just so bland. I hate it.

What do you guys think? which game had better radio stations?

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
I haven't had a chance to play New Vegas quite yet, but I did love Three-Dog and his musical selections in Fallout 3.

Granted, I also had the game modified to play songs from my personal library, but the default set-list was great as well.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I can't stand Mr. New Vegas. I'm thinking of keeping the radio off and listening to the in-game music. Anyone that knows me knows that I always turn the in-game music off.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
TestECull said:
GnR was way better than anything in Vegas. I would love to see a DLC bring Three Dog back.

Syndicated, of course. He ain't gonna be leaving that cool radio studio in the downtown DC hellhole anytime soon. But he could easily enough syndicate his station out west.

As for the blandness of the songs, they're super easy to swap out. Go to Steam\Steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\data\sound\songs\radionv and pop your own MP3s in. Back up the originals. Then rename yours to what the originals used to be. Works a treat. I love hearing the sweet sound of a BRM V16 way more than I do another looping of Big Iron.
Right now I have the 360 version because all the pc ones were sold out. Around christmas time when a bunch of good mods come out I'll probably buy another copy.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
-Samurai- said:
I can't stand Mr. New Vegas. I'm thinking of keeping the radio off and listening to the in-game music. Anyone that knows me knows that I always turn the in-game music off.
Wait 'till you hear Rhonda & Tabitha.

They're hilarious!

Or at least pretty entertaining.

Sep 14, 2009
well i am biased here, i fucking couldn't stand the music in fallout 3, 3 dog got fucking annoying as hell after hearing him 5 times, so thank god for mods allowing me to put my own music on there, it makes the game a billion times more enjoyable.

so hopefully this will happen with new vegas. i will download it and enjoy the game so much more once that happens.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
zHellas said:
-Samurai- said:

They're hilarious!

Is it something like the adventures of herbert daring dashwood?

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Fusioncode9 said:
zHellas said:
-Samurai- said:

They're hilarious!

No. It's a Woman and a Super Mutant giving silly reports and news stories(about the Nightkin; the "Dum-Dums", etc.). At least I find them silly.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
Fusioncode9 said:
zHellas said:
-Samurai- said:

They're hilarious!

They are the broadcasters on Black Mountain station, you only get the station in the southwest.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
zHellas said:
-Samurai- said:

They're hilarious!

Yeah, I heard them. They were entertaining for a bit. I find the radio to be really lacking this time around. Except for the song about the guy with the Big Iron on his hiiiiiiiip.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I've forgotten to turn the radio on. I swear it sounds like they're using some music from Oblivion on the non-radio stuff, though

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
I came across a glitch where every once in a while, this blast of some of the most epic music I've ever heard would spurt out for a bit. There was no rhyme nor reason to it, even if there were no enemies nearby or I was indoors it would happen. I don't mind Mr New Vegas, though, and after throwing a couple of my own songs on, I don't mind his station one bit.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
If you find black mountain radio, oh man that shit is funny, it's Rush Limbaugh as a super mutant. Heres a bug for you thoigh, after 18 hours, I cannot advance the story any further, game freezes at the load screen to the fort.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
after playing for nearly 30 hours the music is getting a bit old(no pun intended). I liked the stations in 3 better. GNR and Enclave were great and whenever I got tired of them I'd just switch to the woman playing the violin for a while.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Fusioncode9 said:
It's the radio stations. I loved GNR and the enclave, I have each one on for the entire time of my 100+ hours sunk into the game, but here I turned the radio off after one hour. There's only like 3 songs and their just so bland. I hate it.

What do you guys think? which game had better radio stations?
I felt the same way about GNR. Thankfully I was playing on the PC and modding was completed to remedy this problem very quickly.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
Radio's broke for me.

It doesnt play full songs, and only plays 4 of them.

.....Or is that normal?