Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Wow, my life has now also been changed.

I don't know how to thank you.

So inspirational.

Give me a minute.

Jaga Jazzist

Jun 25, 2008
Holy shit do you guys really think the OP was being serious?

So eager to show off your refined taste in dadrock and radio metal that you're going to ignore the idea that maybe the OP was being sardonic because oh man gotta post a Pink Floyd video. No one's ever listened to Pink Floyd before.

Does the OP have to make a thread saying

LOST FAITH IN HUMANITY EPIC FAIL VIDEO IN HERE BORN IN WRONG GENERATION CHECK OUT THIS BAD SONG

to make you realise he's mocking it?

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Jaga Jazzist said:
Holy shit do you guys really think the OP was being serious?

So eager to show off your refined taste in dadrock and radio metal that you're going to ignore the idea that maybe the OP was being sardonic because oh man gotta post a Pink Floyd video. No one's ever listened to Pink Floyd before.

Does the OP have to make a thread saying

LOST FAITH IN HUMANITY EPIC FAIL VIDEO IN HERE BORN IN WRONG GENERATION CHECK OUT THIS BAD SONG

to make you realise he's mocking it?
No, we just choose to ignore it and post songs that actually fit the title, if not the original spirit, of the thread. Come on, most of us are pretty adept at spotting this kind of thing by now, and we just want to share our music. :p

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Rose and Thorn said:
I can honestly say 'brokeNCYDE "Freaxxx" is the worst song I have ever heard.

I don't hate many things, but when I do, it sounds like that. I just threw up.
Oh.

I suppose this means you wouldn't like "Booty Call" either?

<youtube=kNXb5roCBUY>

Alexi089

Jun 26, 2011
yuval152 said:

This song... it's so deep. It inspired me in many ways and made me into a better person. I now do charity and shit.

*crys* It's so deep!
That song is what first pushed me to become a marine biologist. I wouldn't be where I am today without the beautiful, insightful words of Mr. Weebl. True story.

OK, it's not, but I really wish it was now!

Anyway, OT: This song taught me about the brilliance of agricultural technology:

and this one (along with the rest of the album, actually) inspired me to learn guitar, cos they made it look so fun!:

Not even kidding! So many guitarists have given me looks of horror when I've told them that, it's great :)

Jaga Jazzist said:
Mate, you seem tense. Have an Alpaca :D

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
lacktheknack said:
Rose and Thorn said:
I can honestly say 'brokeNCYDE "Freaxxx" is the worst song I have ever heard.

I don't hate many things, but when I do, it sounds like that. I just threw up.
Oh.

I suppose this means you wouldn't like "Booty Call" either?

<youtube=kNXb5roCBUY>
ghetto

1. (n.) an impoverished, neglected, or otherwise disadvantaged residential area of a city, usually troubled by a disproportionately large amount of crime
2. (adj.) urban; of or relating to (inner) city life
3. (adj.) poor; of or relating to the poor life
4. (adj.) jury-rigged, improvised, or home-made (usually with extremely cheap or sub-standard components), yet still deserving of an odd sense of respect from ghetto dwellers and non-ghetto dwellers alike
5. (band.) brokeNCYDE

Example: Nasty girls know me like what
Call your girl to give me some
Drop it girl go take it back
I'll take you to the candy shack
Like jolly ranchers sugar daddys
Chocolate covered booty panties
Lots of women in my cadi
It's gonna get a little nasty

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
rhizhim said:
edit: that singers "THING who makes this outworldy sounds filled with ancient evil" face. it amplifies the wish to die after you heard that song.

sometimes sarcasm flies over its own borders and it becomes something else. something dark and far from "human".

the mayans were right....
You're saying that this:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb39/24thframe/UNEXPLAINED%20ANGER/Post%20Pictures/brokencyde_bootycall_05.jpg

...is not the most beautiful face ever? I'm shocked!

Aglynugga

Jul 25, 2010
You know, I really can understand what the OP means.
You see, I had a rough childhood. Sometimes I didn't know if I would really make it. Things at home got really hard with my parents, and I had trouble at school. I never managed to fit in, always thought of myself as an outcast.
Then I heard this song and it changed my life. I listened to it for hours and hours and just really concentrated on the things I wanted to change, and eventually graduated near the top of my class and really turn things around with my parents.
Now I lead a successful life as a doctor with a wonderful partner and three children.

<youtube=CSkmLPZNjL0>

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
OP: Your song combines the two things I hate most in music, abuse of auto-tune and screams. To each their own though.

OT: Jupiter from The Planet Suite pretty much made me want to major in music.
I can't think of any actual songs that moved me as much as this piece of music.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009

This song right here is what changed my life and opened my mind. Upon listening to it i was exposed to the raw power of life, the universe and every single thing that may lie in between. Mysteries long thought insolvable became solvable, problems thought without solution suddenly had one. Hope, enlightenment, motivation and desire all swam in my mind as i listened to this song...as it did for every other creature that was witness to it's majesty.

It also introduced me to Susumu Hirasawa, for which I am eternally grateful.

Musette

Pacifist Percussionist
Apr 19, 2010

This was the first piece of music I ever learned on the marimba, and it transformed my hobby into my passion. Music has basically become my life now, and it's all thanks to my experience with this piece. If that doesn't count as "changing my life", then I don't know what does.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Ah, brokeNCYDE.

Hm. I don't think a song has changed my life. Unless we're talking really tiny insignificant things like broadening the spectrum of music that I listen to, in which case a few songs have done such.

Falien

Nov 21, 2008
Blackdoom said:
The song that changed my life has got to be.
It truly enlightened me and showed me all that was wrong with my life and how I should get back on track.
To really appreciate this work of art, you need to watch it with the proper video, like so:

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
So many apparently serious responses to such an apparently joking op thread o.o; Or maybe I just have different taste in music to ya'll...