My issue wit DLC

GeneralSeasick

Feb 3, 2011
My issue with DLC iss that unless the game makes Game of the Year or wins an award or whatever the DLCs don't come on a disk. I don't have XBox LIVE but that doesn't mean I don't want more of the games I like! So why don't developers do this? Do you think they should?

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Most DLC is made after the game is released. If they included every bit of DLC in the vanilla game, it would take longer to release.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Well, hate to sound rude, but that's really your problem.

They make a profit and add extra content (Well, most of 'em). If you can't connect to the internet to download them then that matters only to you.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
you can get disk-DLC for PC games. no idea why they dont do that for consoles... seems like theyre alienating customers without money for subscription fees.
but can you not download DLC with XBL silver?

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
It wouldn't be as financially viable to sell DLC in brick and mortar stores. By selling DLC on PSN/XBL/Steam, the publishers are able to take a larger cut of the profit.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
You can get dlc on xbox silver, alot of games will eventually do a game of the year with dlc and you can always take your hard drive to a friends and download it there, but with alot of dlc being small additions rather than full expansion packs they are unlikely to be sold solo in shops

GeneralSeasick

Feb 3, 2011
What i'm trying to suggest is that they make a seperate disc release for DLC, charging slightly more than buying online.

That way, they can earn more from the offline gamer demographic per purchase than the online gamers while at the the same time advertising that the online service has lower prices.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
TrilbyWill said:
you can get disk-DLC for PC games. no idea why they dont do that for consoles... seems like theyre alienating customers without money for subscription fees.
but can you not download DLC with XBL silver?
You can but some DLC is exclusive to gold members or costs more for silver.