My Little Pony: Friendship is Mind-Control

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
Combine Rustler said:
Arguing evolved so that one human can more effectively coerce the other into doing what they want to do. Not joking. How true or correct your argument is is completely irrelevant. Only thing that matters is that you can enforce your will without resorting to outright violence.

And yes, humans can be reprogrammed like that. Do not think that you, me, or anyone else is anything more than a complex organic machine.
Well that would mean by extension that your argument that all arguments are nothing more than coercive tactics would imply that your own argument is nothing more than a coercive tactic. If you're saying that your own argument has no truth-value or validity to it, then why should I believe you?

i think it's neccesary that we assume that man at least has some power to stumble upon the truth through his intellect. To assume otherwise would lead us into a pit of contradiction and the deepest skepticism.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
so ... its a show that's trying to brainwash its viewers into being over all better people?

i thought it was just a fun show about pony's, go figure

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Xanadu84 said:
In a world dominated by cynicism and irony, something genuine, quality, and with the meta irony of "this is good when it shouldn't be" is bound to be appealing. And with that refreshing change, it feels silly to not act in spirit.
Exactly. I love the shows refreshing lack of cynicism.

There's no brainwashing involved but if you give the show an open minded chance, chances are it will grow on you. When I first watched it, I was thinking I would turn it off after one episode. I almost did in the second episode when pinkie started singing, but I kept watching and now I adore the show and its awesome music.

Also, its a show that where everything that could go right, goes right. Great animation and voice acting, intelligent writing, good, timeless humour, and good moral lessons that dont beat you over the head.

And the constant pop culture references don't hurt, either.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
well it's certainly had an effect on somepeople
since its debut

Osama Bin Laden - Dead
Moammar Gadhafi - Dead
Kim Jong Il - Dead
Not to mention the revolutions around the world happening all around

So maybe there is some brainwashing but is it such a bad thing?

silversnake4133

Mar 14, 2010
So is this what they call "feeling happy" anymore? People have to be brainwashed to be content or to like something of their own choosing or free will? Geez, and I thought I thought into things way too much.

Seriously can we please let this stupid and pointless debate end? Why do you people have to keep dredging up these needless arguments? Some people like the show, it makes them happy. Others don't like the show, or they don't watch it. THAT'S IT! LET IT DIE ALREADY!

So I guess according to your conspiracy theory, OP, those people that don't watch the show are not happy and only exist to ruin other people's days. Right?

Seriously, STOP IT! It's so fricken old now! Why can't you non-Bronies just accept that there are people who like this show that aren't in the target audience range? And why can't you Bronies just accept the fact that some non-bronies don't want to be converted, or that at the end of the day it's just a fricken children's show about brightly colored, talking ponies?

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CELESTIA/GOD, AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, ENOUGH WITH THE DAMN CONSPIRACY THEORY/HATE THREADS! You're just beating the ground where a dead horse once festered and that damn horse isn't going to get any more deceased. You've proved your goddamn points, now get the hell over it so we can all move on already!

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
I'm going to side with those saying that the sort of person who becomes a fan of the show already was/wanted to be nice, and just needed an excuse. I don't think it's altering anyone's thought processes any more than any other show.

Wow, it's certainly been a while since our last pony thread. I was wondering when I'd next get to post a link to the Escapist FiM user group.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic
I recommend anyone who joins turn chat notifications off when it gives the option as the group chat is quite active.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
You'd think that everything in the show is innocent, when its actually not. You'll see.

TheHappySquid

Feb 2, 2011
>Has pony avatar
>Watches MLP consistently
>Nothing else pony
>Resents people who use 'everypony' and similar legitimately
>Doesn't give a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut about friendship and magic IRL

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
I don't rage as much at games after becoming a brony. Yeah I'm totally enraptured by colourful ponies....its not even subtle its just dominates through sheer innocence and joy in a world where everything is bleak and miserable.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Princess Trollestia said:
You'd think that everything in the show is innocent, when its actually not. You'll see.
Did you used to be Princess Molestia or is my memory playing tricks on me? Either way, it fits with your comment.

New pony thread page, new pony user group link:
I recommend anyone who joins turn chat notifications off when prompted as the group chat is generally quite active.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
AngloDoom said:
Chefodeath said:
[...] Like all elements of culture, MLP will have some influence on your thinking[...]
Aaand there we go.

This topic is sort of like saying "People who watch Power Rangers are more prone to see robot-dinosaurs as awesome." Of course they are, I didn't think that was a secret?
And I just happen to be in the robot-dinosaur and pony overlap zone.

Sirron Kcuch said:
It's just a fandom; there's nothing special about it.
Fixed that for you.

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
Just because something is a fad doesn't mean it wont stay around for a while.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Aidinthel said:
Princess Trollestia said:
Did you used to be Princess Molestia or is my memory playing tricks on me? Either way, it fits with your comment.

New pony thread page, new pony user group link:
I recommend anyone who joins turn chat notifications off when prompted as the group chat is generally quite active.
He used to be Princess Molestia. Which is funnier but it is rather offensive, so he got made to change it.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Conditioning? Brainwashing? What?!? MLP was amusing for a while, but anyone who gets brainwashed from the cartoon needs to take a serious break from it. >_> MLP is fun and all, but for me it got stale after a month. Now I'm STILL cringing every time I see a pony related video in my related section, that shit just ceases to go away!

There are still a few videos now and then that pop up that are MLP related that can be amusing but... Yeah it's your own personal fault if your influenced to act a certain way based on ANY sort of entertainment, whether it be MLP or otherwise. Next you'll be saying video games condition you and brainwash you into thinking violently and finding ways to act it out outside of the game...

Damnit captcha! Why must you make me click refresh for 10 minutes just to find something that just barely resembles words?!

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
MLP: Friendship is Magic brainwashed me to be kind, respectful, tolerant and understanding.

It clearly needs to brainwash more people.