My Love For You Is Ticking Clock

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
Consider my approach: the final weapon that only gives everything, never desires anything halfassed.

Towels

Feb 21, 2010
Satosuke said:
On that last one: bullshit. Letting people in is overrated. I've kept everyone at arm's length for all 24 years of my life and I'm perfectly happy.

Ok, that's a lie. I'm not happy at all. But not because I'm alone. Society puts so much fucking stock in getting laid and finding someone to love... ...And don't tell me I'm 'afraid of love' or that I have confidence issues; that's more bullshit to try and get me to bend to the status quo.

Wow, did I really just go into a tangent tirade about the right to be lonely? I need more booze. Or less...no, definitely more.
Just wait until you realize that Weddings are powerful tools societal elites have been using to bend people to the status quo for millennia, then the disenchantment REALLY sets in. I realized this while growing up in a Christian church where Brides and Grooms were paraded around like pagan gods of fertility. Here, have another drink.

Anyways Mr. 21, maybe you want no relationship with those around you because you see how much of a train wreck they are with those issues, and you may not be fully aware of that. I had a friend growing up that was a complete, whiny ***** when girls didn't give him attention, and as the loyal friend I was I just gave him more support. Well, it turns out he really did not need it, and also turned out he was pretty fucking greedy with affections from women. However, I realized this too late: I was already completely turned off by the all the hateful ways women treated him and the hateful ways he treated them.

Why don't you try a change of scenery? It seems what's available to you sucks, so finding better pastures might be healthier. But either way, having high standards is not a flaw. Its not your fault the women around you don't know how to attract you.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Honestly, I usually don't read this article, but the use of a Clerks quote demanded that I come and at least skim it.

Olaf, Berserker. C'mon man, girls think sexy!

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
MasochisticAvenger said:
daftalchemist said:
AbstractStream said:
I don't have anything constructive to say but the name "can't trigger the tent scene" just made me laugh out loud. I don't think being the initiator is a big problem though I can see how that might mess with your head.
It does mess with your head. I have a more active sex drive than my boyfriend, and I am literally the one initiating sex all the time. I know he thinks I'm hot, and I know he loves having sex with me, and I know that sex drives don't work the way TV sitcoms say they do, but it even messes with my head. In the back of my mind is always the notion that if I am so hot and attractive to him, shouldn't just the sight of me naked be enough to make him want me? It's certainly enough for me in regards to him

No matter how intelligent of a person you are, and how much of an understanding of true human nature you have, there are just some things that society has ingrained into you so deeply that they still cause doubts at the back of your mind. And when you wake up on one of those days where every outfit you own makes you feel fat an unattractive, and your hair refuses to look the way it usually does, you really can't help but look in the mirror and think "it's because he doesn't think I'm hot".
So if a guy doesn't initiate sex with a girl, he is a jerk because he isn't thinking about that girl's feelings, because that's how the media portrays him. However, if I complain that an incredibly attractive girl isn't interested in me (an overweight not very attractive man) I'm a jerk because real life isn't like Sitcoms

Is the word "relationship" simply a synonym for "double standard"?
Actually, I never said guys are jerks for having lower sex drives and not initiating sex as much. In fact, I didn't blame any of it on the guy at all, and said it's an illogical reaction to unrealistic societal stereotypes, but that it doesn't make it any easier to ignore at times. But way to go showing off your own insecurity by projecting it on my calm and reasonable description about the inner-workings of a woman's mind.

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007
I was going to post asking if the article forgot to say 'making fuck' but I see all the other Clerks fans are here. HI GUYS!!

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
The last sentence made me lol ," i'm a little stressed out from work honey , ask me again in a hour ". The only image i have in my head is the guy coming up shyly asking " ummm.... Can we ...can we do it now?"

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
Combustion Kevin said:
There is no telling what this guy is thinking, he says he wants her as a "friend with benefits", but how did that come to discussion?
You know what a FWB is, right?

In general, and regardless of the variables you state, it's a pisspoor idea to enter into a FWB relationship with someone you would like to have a serious romantic relationship with. At best, one of you is going to be horribly disappointed, at worst, the odds of it turning into an absolute car crash and completely ruining any good feelings between you are very, very high.

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
even though I know it's illogical and everyone else my age is having casual sex without a relationship or commitment.
Everyone? At what age?

but for some reason I can't get past thinking of sex as something important.
Well gee, isn't that silly. Thinking of the most intimate physical act you can engage in with another person as "something important". Hilarious.

-_-

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
daftalchemist said:
MasochisticAvenger said:
daftalchemist said:
AbstractStream said:
I don't have anything constructive to say but the name "can't trigger the tent scene" just made me laugh out loud. I don't think being the initiator is a big problem though I can see how that might mess with your head.
It does mess with your head. I have a more active sex drive than my boyfriend, and I am literally the one initiating sex all the time. I know he thinks I'm hot, and I know he loves having sex with me, and I know that sex drives don't work the way TV sitcoms say they do, but it even messes with my head. In the back of my mind is always the notion that if I am so hot and attractive to him, shouldn't just the sight of me naked be enough to make him want me? It's certainly enough for me in regards to him

No matter how intelligent of a person you are, and how much of an understanding of true human nature you have, there are just some things that society has ingrained into you so deeply that they still cause doubts at the back of your mind. And when you wake up on one of those days where every outfit you own makes you feel fat an unattractive, and your hair refuses to look the way it usually does, you really can't help but look in the mirror and think "it's because he doesn't think I'm hot".
So if a guy doesn't initiate sex with a girl, he is a jerk because he isn't thinking about that girl's feelings, because that's how the media portrays him. However, if I complain that an incredibly attractive girl isn't interested in me (an overweight not very attractive man) I'm a jerk because real life isn't like Sitcoms

Is the word "relationship" simply a synonym for "double standard"?
Actually, I never said guys are jerks for having lower sex drives and not initiating sex as much. In fact, I didn't blame any of it on the guy at all, and said it's an illogical reaction to unrealistic societal stereotypes, but that it doesn't make it any easier to ignore at times. But way to go showing off your own insecurity by projecting it on my calm and reasonable description about the inner-workings of a woman's mind.
I never said you specifically were calling guys jerks for not thinking of the girl's feelings; just that it sounded like the woman who posed the question was blaming her boyfriend for her own insecurity (with things like "Just me being naked should be good enough for me").

Still, I was a bit impulsive when I wrote that and if I'd taken a couple of seconds to think before I did I probably wouldn't have. Sorry about that.

Onsheka

Jul 14, 2010
Finally, someone else who knows! We have enough friends! We don't need lovers to be happy! God damnit I'm tired of people saying I'll change my mind when I find 'the right person'. I don't want a 'right person', you might as well go all out and say 'you'll find the one', as if that fate crap has any basis in reality.
I'm going to stop here before a rant comes out.

samuraiweasel

Mar 19, 2010
krazykidd said:
The last sentence made me lol ," i'm a little stressed out from work honey , ask me again in a hour ". The only image i have in my head is the guy coming up shyly asking " ummm.... Can we ...can we do it now?"
This

But watching the last few seconds (to the hour EXACTLY) tick away on his watch first...

Edit: Made me smile too!

Satosuke

Dec 18, 2007
Mygaffer said:
At least get yourself a prostitute for the night before you die with that v-card buddy. Do go through your whole life never having had sex would be a terrible thing to think about.
That advice carries with it the prerequisite of giving a fuck about sex, so that doesn't really help me.