My problems with an FFVII remake.

GrammarLad

Oct 4, 2010
For years now there has been alot of speculation about a Final Fantasy VII remake, and I understand why people expect or want one. Final Fantasy VII was the point where the series got really popular and is probably the most popular JRPG ever... Probably. With all the expansion the series has had in the past few years, (a couple of games, a CG Movie, that short anime thing about Zack and Cloud) I think alot of people expected the announcement of a total remake to be not far off. I however don't want to see a remake and these are my reasons;

1) A remake rarely surpass the original, so what's the point? I mean square would have to sink alot of money into this project and it may not really seem worth it.

2) Opinions would be divided. So imagine square remake the game, voice actors, HD, updated battle system, the lot. There would always be more complaints from fans, "This new battle system sucks, I hate these voice actors etc." You just have to look at any forum thread about FFXIII to see swarms of Square fans complaining about how let down they were by a single installment of the series, imagine all these complaints but directed at a game people have been anticipating for about a decade now.

3) The game would lose it's charm. Games like FF7 are relics of a totally different era of game design. Most people think of FF7 and remember big swords, party member death and omnislash. But so much of Final Fantasy 7 would just be weird in a remake, think about it, do you really want to hear steve burton putting on a girl's voice whilst an HD, cross dressing cloud seduces Don Corneo?

Anyways that's enough for me, I'm going to go and watch the phantom menace.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Point 3 really made me laugh.

And i agree, we don't need a remake. I haven't got the nostalgia that most people do, as I only recently downloaded and played it, but the charm of the game is its age, and how well it aged.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
That.... That number three's last part makes an overwhelmingly good point O.O

gamemaster80

Nov 19, 2009
Not only that, but imagine going into the Honey Bee Inn, and accidentally setting Cloud up for that hot tub full of men...just Ew.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Im one of the few people who duesnt want a remake not to mention I think FFVII is over rated xD

Honestly they should due some other stuff with games they been riding FFVII like a gravy train with everything.

Zinkraptor

Oct 25, 2010
I agree. Final Fantasy VII is great because of how different and original it was -for its time-. It just wouldn't have the same appeal today.

...Also, I'm pretty sick of seeing Cloud and Sephiroth in everything ever.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
I don't see why we need a Final Fantasy 7 remake. I'm sorry but the original game wasn't really that good.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Reason 4: The people moaning and whining about a remake will complain that Square Enix is just trying to whore out their franchise to get a few quick bucks.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
I think a big part of the appeal for FF7 is that at the time it was something we'd never seen before and as such it revolutionised JRPGs. But that's the problem. It's nothing new anymore, games have moved beyond the standard it set. A faithful remake at this time would look hammy and an unfaithful remake would piss off nostagic fans. It's a lose lose situation and better left well alone.

Theo Rob

Jun 30, 2010
people will some times want a remake of something famous only to shunt it cuz "its no the same any more" regardless of what they did or did not change

my opinion is that someone in square is looking at the idea and thinking "this will not end well"