My random story ideas

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Use whatever your brain comes to mind I wrote a couple of short stories they do have isbns if you'd like to read them as for your stories just let your mind flow and your brain flow
I'd love to read your short stories.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Boom! This is where the magic happens! The time I feel most alive! Spending my free time designing something.

So I wanted to commission some art to visualize what Sun and Moon would look like from my YandereXYandere idea and they wanted references when all I had was a basic idea and so I spent my free time at work coming up with stuff and really got my brain going, this is the kind of thing I have the most fun with.

Sun is now Haru, Moon is now Mizuki, and Star is now Sora. Haru means 'sunshine', Mizuki means 'beautiful moon' and Sora means 'sky'. SYMBOLISM!

Haru has had his design based on the Blue Ringed Octopus, Mizuki is based on the Stinging Rose Moth, and Sora is based on... the Honey Badger. Two venomous animals and one extremely tough and venom resistant animal. SYMBOLISM!

Haru's design is shoulder length bleach blonde hair with scraggly ends (Evoking the look of tentacles), his eyes are an inner band of bright blue and a much darker blue band on the outside (Like the spots of a Blue Ringed Octopus) and he wears smallish black glasses with a rounded rectangle shape (Like the eyes of an octopus). When he gets mad he becomes creepily calm and can give people a stare where his eyes become dilated that tends to make them freeze (Like how the venom of a Blue Ringed Octopus paralyzes people). Usually he wears a sand colored suit with a black tie, the tie has an odd pointy shape (So it looks a bit like a beak, like on an OCTOPUS!) and when he's not working he wears a blue baggy beanie (Like an octopus head!)

Octopi are known for being highly intelligent, which fits with Haru's calculating personality and their ability to camaflage themselves by changing skin color fits how he hides his darker side while still being socially active.

Favorite pasttimes are swimming and solving puzzles. Favorite food is tempura.

Mizuki's design has long green hair that she ties into a low ponytail that hangs down to her waist. Her hair also fans out at the end of the ponytail and when combined with her brown dress it makes her look like a Stinging Rose Moth when you see her from the back. Her bangs cover the right side of her face, they also fan out in such a way that it looks like a moth antenna, she also has a scar on the right of her cheek and though she always covers it, she has a much nastier scar between her neck and shoulder.

She wears long clothes whenever possible, dresses, sleeves, and scarves when the weather permits and generally looks like she's trying to disappear into them. She also has to be tight on money so she has only a few outfits that she modifies to have different styles and fixes herself. She also has pajamas based on a mascot character called Sleepy-kun, a caterpillar that's always trying to sleep but other animals keep trying to mess with or hurt but end up dying when they get stung by him. She has dark purple eyes that are almost black and a nervous vvv shaped smile (that looks like a caterpillar mouth) and she has a nervous habit of nibbling on her clothes. She also has a habit of getting close to people without them realizing and freaking them out when she touches them.

Her pastimes are gardening (Though her plants don't always survive because she can't afford everything she'd need to take care of them the best), sewing, and collecting Sleepy-kun merch. Her favorite food is fruit salad.

Moths are active during the nighttime which fits how she doesn't like being noticed and are attracted to light sources which fits with her falling for Haru ( I would like a gag where she is bonking into Haru to get him to notice her like a moth hitting a lightbulb)

Sora's design is all black clothes, long white hair, and she has a snaggle tooth (Did you know the Honey Badger's teeth often grow inconsistently) She's an athletic and tough girl that's also extremely lucky, making her perfectly suited for surviving yandere shenanigans. Her personality is kind of oblivious, she doesn't care for a lot of social frivolities and will often just go straight ahead into something. She likes heroic characters and is a big fan of tokusatsu series. She'll eat almost anything but her favorite food is durians (Which fits with how a Honey Badger will eat almost anything and can emit a foul smell)

I love coming up with designs that go with a theme. It's a lot of fun to figure out how to incorporate it into the design but you also get a lot of instances where things just fall into place without even trying.

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Have an idea tinkering in my head. A story called 'Fairy Blue'. Currently I only got threads floating around in my head and need to weave them together properly.

Would take place in a fabricated world within a book that was made by a man called Paper Moon, a wizard that was a records keeper and recorder of the ways of magic. Over a century ago he was involved in a great war between many powerful magic users over the Philosopher Stone, after the fallout of that war, no one knew what happened to the stone, the destruction caused by the war was so great that it took decades to even find out which magic users even survived, let alone if anyone managed to acquire the fabled stone but eventually it was determined that it was Paper Moon who managed to get ahold of it. Paper Moon used the Philospher's Stone (From here on we'll call it PS) to create his fabricated world within a book, both to create that world and keep the stone from being misused by others.
But all of this is backstory that wouldn't be revealed until at least the midway point of the story as it takes place within that fabricated world.

I've only got two characters formulated right now, one being the eponymous Fairy Blue, one of the "administrators" of this book world. I have this idea of these "fairies" being in charge of different aspects of how the world works, Fairy Blue is in charge of physics; how things work in relation to each other like gravity and momentum and such, Fairy Green is in charge of the processes for how people and animals act and react (Essentially, the personality of all "living" things in the fabricated world), and so on and so on. I've gone over a few ideas for how this storybook world works and currently I'm thinking that it rewrites itself. The Fairies are the only constant of this world, the PS is a dangerous object for many reasons, one of them being that it is constantly producing energy and thus needs to have that energy sapped lest something bad happen. While this world requires a lot of energy to be maintained, it doesn't use enough to keep ahead of the PS's energy, the creation of "life", the use of magic within the storybook, and other such actions help to drain the stone but it can only continue for so long before the Fairies have to reset everything so that the PS has to use up a huge amount of energy on creating a new world.

Essentially, the storybook rewrites itself starting with a creation story which contributes the bulk of the energy consumption and then fast forwards to a point of great bounty and peace before some kind of conflict. It's a story, it's always trying to rewrite itself in the way an actual story would be written. The Fairies are the only constant, as I said before, they remember each world that's created and are central "characters" in the stories the book makes but the people of each story cease to exist whenever the story rewrites. And when I say "cease to exist" I mean completely. The storybook people and creatures don't have souls and so when they die they are just gone for good.

This leads us into the second character, Oswin. Oswin was a character that came into existence three "cycles" ago. While I'm still working on the details, he ended up in a romantic relationship with Fairy Blue. Fairy Blue herself already hated the endless cycle of stories and seeing the characters vanish into nothingness, and she couldn't stand having it happen to Oswin so she did something that would allow him to continue to exist, she gave him her "heart". She placed a piece of herself in Oswin so that he would be considered part of her and so wouldn't be erased when the story would repeat. Doing this also gave him slight access to her power over the physics of the storybook world but he's not built to be able to tap into most of it and so he's only got the ability to reorient his own center of gravity and that of things he touches within a certain radius of his body. On the other hand, Fairy Blue's emotions are now inside a strange orb like contraption that sticks to Oswin like glue while her main body no longer needs to feel the pain of the world resetting.

I have ideas I'm tinkering with for how all of that played out and how both characters feel on that but I need to work on it along with the main storyline.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
More on Paper Moon. Paper Moon is of course not his real name but a combination of titles of his. His specialties were in record keeping, the making of spell books, and writing, which is where the 'Paper' title comes from, and in dream magic, which is where the 'Moon' comes from. The fabricated world is made out of his two specialties, while the book is kind of the "server" for the book, the world itself plays out by being a sort of dream world. Fairy Red is actually in charge of guarding the fabricated world from outside forces that may accidentally or intentionally enter it through Dream Walking. Another reason that the storybook world needs to rewrite itself is because there's only so many pages in it and so it needs to overwrite everything once it reaches the end or else it will stop. In the real world it was known that the book rewrote itself but not that it was where Paper Moon hid the PS and however the primary conflict shapes out in this story, people questioning how the book has been able to rewrite itself for many decades without an apparent source of energy leads to outside forces entering the storybook world.