My view of The Escapist

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
Why so many "what i think of this site" threads lately?

Is this the new fad?

A+ for originality though OP.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
As I've said many times before, the alternative is GameFAQs, and that site is on it's own level of shit.

I've never seen a flamewar break out for such an innocent topic here like it did there. And never have I been called a '******' here for liking something.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
The escapist is the only videogame/nerd site and forum that I feel compelled to come back to.

GG WP Escapist.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
Calo Nord said:
These forums have always been odd. If it weren't for Zero Punctuation i probably wouldn't even come here.

I find it funny how you are generally not aloud to swear when the videos showcased on here (like ZP) have plenty of it. I don't take kindly to being treated like a child after calling someone an "idiot". Very well aware these rules need to be in play to avoid extensive vulgar arguments but still i don't see all that much freedom for anyone over the age of 18.

I will probably be suspended for this post too.
I don't think there's a rule in place saying you can't swear? I've been peppering my posts with liberal yet tasteful swearing ever since I joined. I think they ask you try to keep things within a PG-13 to border line R rated vocabulary since the minimum age for sign up is 13yrs old.
This was my interpretation, as well. I catch myself needlessly swearing all the time, but it's almost always for emphasis, instead of describing something graphic like comparing someone to a vaginal discharge or whatever. I figure it's like a shooting range: you can fire all the bullets you want as long as they don't hit anyone.

superbleeder12

agamersperspective.com
Oct 13, 2007
The escapist suffers from the same fault as every other site. Human mods, and a predominantly teenage userbase.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
Calo Nord said:
I find it funny how you are generally not aloud to swear when the videos showcased on here (like ZP) have plenty of it.
Not allowed to swear?
What the fuck are you talking about? Hell, I swear all the time on the this site!
AND IT'S DAMN FUN!! =)

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Mods got told.

Though its a necessary evil, you just have to deal with it.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Old Trailmix said:
Thanks for the feedback guys, honestly I'm just happy you read the damn thing.
As others have said but hell why not say it again. Well done, well done. Clever poem I must say and shows all of the Escapist sides. It says what you don't like about it but isn't a rant. The good and bad are equal in this case. Have a god damn sticker, you earned it.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Speaking of bad things about the Escapist I'm gonna be taking a bit of a hiatus, to many quote battles.

OT: Great job!

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
Nice poem OP. :) I like it here on the Escapist. Can get very interesting at times. XD

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Well done, good sir. You have made me crack a smile. A well written bit and you didn't fulfill my expectations of a complaint thread!
You may have a coupon for one hug.
While I know the Escapist has its faults, I simply don't care about them enough to let them bother me, which is why I simply cannot escape this place.