My Year in High Definition

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
My Year in High Definition

Looking back on 2014 in TV, as told by High Definition.

Read Full Article

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Tomtitan said:
Did... did you just do a clipshow episode of this column?
Yep, and even he's aware of that. Anyway, good article Bob, and thanks for the (almost) year of great articles. We hope to see more!

Ark of the Covetor

Jul 10, 2014
Why. Why did I click on the link to the CSI article. Reading that gave me a literal migraine. I'm not joking, I just had to take a couple of ibuprofen. I cannot fathom how people can find a show that seems to deliberately revel in its own ignorance and so categorically insults the viewer's intelligence entertaining. You can argue they need to "sex up" computer crimes, or any aspect of crimesolving with a scientific bent, to avoid the audience being bored, but christ on a bike; the awful, awful puns, the technobabble so implausible it sounds more like an episode of Star Trek than a modern crime show, the leaden heavy-handed "IT'S SCIENCE TIME BITCHES *electronic music montage*" drek - it's completely irredeemable.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
Ark of the Covetor said:
Why. Why did I click on the link to the CSI article. Reading that gave me a literal migraine. I'm not joking, I just had to take a couple of ibuprofen. I cannot fathom how people can find a show that seems to deliberately revel in its own ignorance and so categorically insults the viewer's intelligence entertaining. You can argue they need to "sex up" computer crimes, or any aspect of crimesolving with a scientific bent, to avoid the audience being bored, but christ on a bike; the awful, awful puns, the technobabble so implausible it sounds more like an episode of Star Trek than a modern crime show, the leaden heavy-handed "IT'S SCIENCE TIME BITCHES *electronic music montage*" drek - it's completely irredeemable.
I really wish one of these "tech based shows" actually had a consultant to smack a writer upside the head each time they tried to make up stuff. Any other group of people they use in these shows they constantly talk about how realistic they want it to be and then they pull content like that.