Mythbusters Fire Cannonball into Suburban Home

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Jamie want big boom, Jamie get big boom!

Blargh McBlargh said:
Wait... So the cannon misfired, the cannon ball smashed through a door, rolled UP some stairs, got airborne again, smashed through a wall and the roof, then wrecked a car?

Goddamn. o_O
In the door, past the stairs, up in the air, through the roof...nothing but minivan.

darkstone said:
Don't they usually test their cannon shenanigans out in the middle of the desert? Where were they when they tested this.
Way I heard it, they were out on bombing range they've used to test a lot of other myths previously.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Hahah! Great! I hope this will be in an episode, if so I can't wait to see/hear their reactions :D

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
Living next to a bomb range is probably the reason no one noticed it. Though really, if you voluntarily move next door to a place like that, you should expect a wayward bomb once in a while.

Actually, why did they build homes that close to a bomb range in the first place?

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
It all happened in the name of science. No matter the outcome they still had a result and data which justifies anything that happened. That and of course a cannonball destroying an entire house.

Science +1

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
I'd probably build some monument around that wreckage. How many other people can give a tour of their home that includes "And this is the hole the Mythbusters made with a fucking cannon."

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
This is actually a pretty stupid show. From the moment they say what they're gonna test you can use your common sense to come to a correct conclusion if the myth will be busted or confirmed. Because their experiments are that dumb. And now look what they've done. Maybe it's a show for people who don't know anything about science.

Voltano

Dec 11, 2008
Marshall Honorof said:
The cannonball failed to wake the three people sleeping in the house, but the resulting plaster dust did shortly afterwards.
How do you sleep through that?! I mean, I think the sound of a cannon being fired, then going through *your* wall, then out *another* part of your wall, and smashing into a car would wake someone up?

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
MaxwellEdison said:
I'd probably build some monument around that wreckage. How many other people can give a tour of their home that includes "And this is the hole the Mythbusters made with a fucking cannon."
This, a million times this.

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
Adam Jensen said:
This is actually a pretty stupid show. From the moment they say what they're gonna test you can use your common sense to come to a correct conclusion if the myth will be busted or confirmed. Because their experiments are that dumb. And now look what they've done. Maybe it's a show for people who don't know anything about science.
It's a show for people that like science and explosions, last time I checked.
Because you know, explosions.

PipPup

Apr 22, 2011
I bet they caught the miss fire on camera.

-since no one was hurt, hope they air the mishap.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Hey, someone is paying for their house to be fixed up and they have a cool story to tell at parties. For as sucky as having a cannonball smashing through your house is, I'd say that's kind of a win.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
I just really hope this makes the episode. That'll be so hilarious! I just want to see the expression on Adam and Jamie's faces.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I can somehow see the family owning that house immediately forgiving them as soon as they saw it was the Mythbusters.

Followed immediately by the signing of autographs.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Man you guys got this article up fast as Adam is just after tweeting about what happened // But the most important thing is no one was hurt& they're going to make sure it doesn't happen again

-M

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Adam Jensen said:
I don't mind the criticism, but try not to act like you are some scholar with insight into science. That just makes it obnoxious.

Sep 14, 2009
i wonder if they bawled about the house..

OT: saw this at noon earlier, couldn't quite believe how...just weird this is.

thankfully no one got hurt, you wont see me stepping in front of a cannonball anytime soon, the least they could've done is got the footage on tape, seeing it smash into that car was probably pretty awesome..

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
wow talk about lucky and its amazing something like this hasn't happened till now

jericu

Oct 22, 2008
AdmiralCheez said:
Living next to a bomb range is probably the reason no one noticed it. Though really, if you voluntarily move next door to a place like that, you should expect a wayward bomb once in a while.

Actually, why did they build homes that close to a bomb range in the first place?
My understanding is that it's because all of the unused land around bomb ranges is really appealing to landscape developers.

So, essentially, because people who build and sell houses are greedy. That's why.