N. Korea Threatens USA

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
Everyone thinks that Kim Jong Ill isn't crazy enough to attack us. I think he is. He has listened to his own propaganda long enough he probably thinks that he really is a god or divinely protected or something. As far as missiles are concerned, I doubt that they would reach their target, but I wouldn't be surprised if they try anyway.

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Dragonblade146 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Posturing. Too many allies to compete with if they do anything serious.
They do have that, but if they have nukes like they are claiming, they could possibly be a mild threat if they were to launch them at major cities of the world.
That's just not going to happen. Destroying the world won't help them one bit. Killing everyone also won't be something that they would ever do, because the retaliation would wipe Korea off the face of the earth, not to mention the economy would be affected. Besides, that's about as absurd as a plot out of a James Bond movie.
I see your point but they could do some damage though.

dwightsteel

Feb 7, 2007
I don't think there is a person outside of North Korea who doesn't see them as the little child in the corner throwing a temper tantrum. This is Kim Jong Il's last hoorah before he transfers power to his son Un, and then goes off and dies.

G. Alarimm

May 2, 2009
There's one thing in a game that's very popular in Korea that seems to sum up this entire situation.

Nuclear launch detected.

Seriously, why is N. Korea not a wasteland yet? It's pretty obvious they're considering invading another country, probably S. Korea, whom we're defending.

Havok-Man

May 6, 2009
North korea sound like they want to start a war with the USA.
That is to be honest a very stupid idea the untied states has more firepower, better tech and smarter combat tactics. If the Koreans nuke the USA it could turn into nuclear war hope does not UK get dragged into it.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
They are only a credible threat to south korea. Assault would be suicide, but it would be rather easy in human-wave style attacks to overwhelm some highly populated regions.

More likely, all this sabre rattling will just get them a "better deal" as most of the previous administrations have provided.

Expect more shocking news on July 4th, they plan their events around the US holidays to get more attention.

Havok-Man said:
If the Koreans nuke the USA it could turn into nuclear war hope does not UK get dragged into it.
They can;t nuke the US. Japan, soko, guam, i suppose, but not the mainland, and the spectre of global nuclear war is all but gone, so don't lose sleep.

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
thiosk said:
They are only a credible threat to south korea. Assault would be suicide, but it would be rather easy in human-wave style attacks to overwhelm some highly populated regions.

More likely, all this sabre rattling will just get them a "better deal" as most of the previous administrations have provided.

Expect more shocking news on July 4th, they plan their events around the US holidays to get more attention.
That. Is so wrong.
No one should deal with them, just let them go along their silly rant.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
North Korea is like a trapt rat. They will claw and bite at anything to be left alone. That being said I think that they are all talk because they know that war will be VERY bad for them.

Lovelocke

Apr 6, 2009
Hasn't ANYONE played Civilization? This whole mess can be forgiven by trading our World Map + 50 Gold.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Dragonblade146 said:
thiosk said:

That. Is so wrong.
No one should deal with them, just let them go along their silly rant.
which part, the better deal part? Every time we enter negotiations wth them over nukes someone ends up offering them billions of dollars in aid contingent on them proving the program is gone. They restart it every couple years to get billions more.

Its their main import.

johnzaku

Jun 16, 2009
Dragonblade146 said:
BudZer said:
If North Korea tries attacking America, I'm hoping that China, our greatest trade ally begins to see them as a threat. The Chinese could devastate North Korea like no one else could imagine.
With the most populated country in the world. I would think they could.
Well, Remember what happened in the Korean War, when we pushed the NK troops all the way to china, the Chinese sent 100,000 troops swarming over the river and pushed us straight back down to the current DMZ. What I'm saying is now that china is effectively on our side, (they have openly dismissed North Korea due to their recent 'experiments') they would send those 100,000 troops again, but against them, not for them.

This is simple speculation on my part, they just might stay with NK in which case we'd be screwed.

hagaya

Sep 1, 2008
Havok-Man said:
North korea sound like they want to start a war with the USA.
That is to be honest a very stupid idea the untied states has more firepower, better tech and smarter combat tactics. If the Koreans nuke the USA it could turn into nuclear war hope does not UK get dragged into it.
UK won't be dragged in, they will chose to stay out of it and America and maybe some bloodthirsty allies will give North Korea what's coming to it. I really hate living near a major city when this kind of threat is made.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
llewgriff said:
Oh Kim you funny little man, what will you do next? Hell I hope they attack the US, Korea won't last long.
Yeah, murdering millions of innocent people will be awesome.

Oh wait, no it won't.