N7 Level 50 for the win!

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
All this whining about the DLC is annoying me, so I suggest we talk about something else. ... to do with Mass Effect 3.

Anyway, today I got to N7 level 50, and randomly unlocked Asari Adept. So yeah, awesome day.

I am really enjoying the multiplayer. Even when some of the random teammates I'm given are idiots (when the game says 'go here and do this' you don't stand around shooting random dudes - you get your ass to the objective! ), the game itself is still fun and challenging - even on Bronze. I haven't even tried Silver or Gold yet.

Anyway, I recently had a really cool match (Full Extraction) where the other players had also unlocked characters. There was a female human, a Quarian, and a Turian in the battle with me (and my brand new Asari). And, since the aliens are just pallet swaps of Tali, Garrus, and Liara respectively, it was sort of like actually being the canon characters. I found that round extra fun partly for that reason.

So yeah - the discussion is, share some really memorable moment you had playing the ME3 demo multiplayer. It can be a funny story, a tragic loss, a really good team (like mine), or a really sucky one (I've had plenty of those too).

Oh, and my Captcha is: Primal usebees
Use primal bees for what, I wonder? Something horrible, I must assume.

Bebus

Feb 12, 2010
Very nice. I've been trying to get an Asari Vanguard but so far, no luck.

I have been avoiding spending too much time on it because points do not carry over to the full game, but have already reached a pretty good N7 level.

I too am loving it. I was genuinely sceptical, and to be honest wasn't going to bother playing it. I clicked on multiplayer by accident and decided just to give it a try. I spent 3 hours straight on it that first night. It is incredibly smooth; Vanguard charge does not cause lag like I thought it would, the missions (even in the brief demo) are varied enough to keep it interesting and teamwork is important enough to encourage it but not essential enough to discourage the occasional lone wolfing.

WolfLord

Nov 8, 2011
After my group got the krogan soldier, we stopped really trying. It all became a game of "who could headbutt the atlas' crotch plate to death first". Can't wait until the full game comes out. Gold gets really challenging early on (think large groups of atlas and phantoms before round 4), but I think it will still be tough for maxed level groups.

Anyone else think the melee is a little off, I find myself missing by inches a little too often.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I've stopped playing by now. It was tons of fun, but there's only so far you can stretch two maps and one set of enemies.

As for cool moments, it would have to be when I first played as a Krogan soldier and realised I no longer had to run my arse away from Phantoms. Instead I could charge them down and slap them across the room.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Zhukov said:
I've stopped playing by now. It was tons of fun, but there's only so far you can stretch two maps and one set of enemies.

As for cool moments, it would have to be when I first played as a Krogan soldier and realised I no longer had to run my arse away from Phantoms. Instead I could charge them down and slap them across the room.
I have got to get me one of these krogans... only alien I've got is a salarian and it's not exactly hardy.

Best moment so far was probably ending up in a game with just one other person, and still making it to about Wave 8 on Silver.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
After hitting lvl 102 last night I have pretty much done all I can with the demo, unlocked the race/classes I wanted and enjoyed my time with it so now I will wait until the game is released before diving back in. Met some great players along the way and increased my origin friends list just a little more so all in all it was great.

Best moment was completing both maps back to back for the first time on gold in a random. It was probably the best team work I have experienced outside of an MMO where everyone was on the same level in terms of skill and experience that we were able to adapt and overcome. The endless waves of Phantoms and Atluses toward the last waves is seriously awesome, easily some of the best most frantic and challenging fights I have played in the mass effect games.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
I personally enjoy my Drell Vanguard despite him being a pansy in terms of health. But biotic charge immediately followed by a cluster grenade, and that group of enemies you just flew into is completely gone. Also it's fun to pet an Atlas with those grenades when on bronze they can take down about a quarter of the shields per throw.

I completed my first gold the other night with my human engineer, and I don't think I've ever felt that worried about trying to survive. We only got a partial extraction because with those 5 seconds left, we got swarmed by phantoms that we couldn't take out. I really hate those cyber ninjas >.>

Dec 14, 2009
Apparently, because the multiplayer was a beta build, our progress won't be carried on to the complete version, which kind of sucks, since I unlocked a Quarian engineer after many hours of trying.

I actually really enjoyed it when I was expecting to hate it. I'm looking forward to the full version.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Apparently, because the multiplayer was a beta build, our progress won't be carried on to the complete version, which kind of sucks, since I unlocked a Quarian engineer after many hours of trying.

I actually really enjoyed it when I was expecting to hate it. I'm looking forward to the full version.
Well yeah, because some people already have everything unlocked and up to level 20 by this point. The beta MP is open until the 5th I believe when it gets shut down and wiped for the game's release on the sixth. But supposedly there are character and weapon crates or something similar going to be added to the entire crate system, so maybe you'll have an easier time getting it next time.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Zhukov said:

I tried to do that before on my Krogan soldier. The Phantom responded by impaling me and instantly killing me. Felt bad man.

My friends and I play privately, 3 of us total. Last night during a game, I randomly spotted a 4th person. My hosting friend was a bit of a dummydumb and didn't close the game prior to starting it, so we got a 4th random with us.

This guy was named "Player", was a level 1 soldier. Not a good sign....

Yet, the guy actually wasn't a fucking moron. He stuck with us the entire time despite the lack of voice communication with him. And he would diligently resurrect anyone who was incapacitated. We finished one bronze full extraction, then we bumped it up to silver.

The rest of us were past level 12, while this guy was up to level 5 after our first game. Yet even in silver, he did a great job of carrying his own weight and supporting us. Shockingly, we managed to complete a full extraction on Silver!

Then after that. He left. Then entered another person. A level 20 Soldier.

We thought "Cool, this guy is past us in level. We should be able to do well in another silver match."

Unfortunately, this guy turned out to be useless besides as a decoy. He wouldn't do any objectives, he wouldn't stick with us, and he died way more often than our previous partner did. I'm not sure how one can become so high level without picking up the nuances of teamwork.

I have a question though. Does anyone know what other enemies you can fight in the multiplayer besides Cerberus? I would love to fight the Geth (my favorite enemies to fight in Mass Effect) I'd love to fight the Collectors again too.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Tohuvabohu said:
Zhukov said:

I tried to do that before on my Krogan soldier. The Phantom responded by impaling me and instantly killing me. Felt bad man.

My friends and I play privately, 3 of us total. Last night during a game, I randomly spotted a 4th person. My hosting friend was a bit of a dummydumb and didn't close the game prior to starting it, so we got a 4th random with us.

This guy was named "Player", was a level 1 soldier. Not a good sign....

Yet, the guy actually wasn't a fucking moron. He stuck with us the entire time despite the lack of voice communication with him. And he would diligently resurrect anyone who was incapacitated. We finished one bronze full extraction, then we bumped it up to silver.

The rest of us were past level 12, while this guy was up to level 5 after our first game. Yet even in silver, he did a great job of carrying his own weight and supporting us. Shockingly, we managed to complete a full extraction on Silver!

Then after that. He left. Then entered another person. A level 20 Soldier.

We thought "Cool, this guy is past us in level. We should be able to do well in another silver match."

Unfortunately, this guy turned out to be useless besides as a decoy. He wouldn't do any objectives, he wouldn't stick with us, and he died way more often than our previous partner did. I'm not sure how one can become so high level without picking up the nuances of teamwork.

I have a question though. Does anyone know what other enemies you can fight in the multiplayer besides Cerberus? I would love to fight the Geth (my favorite enemies to fight in Mass Effect) I'd love to fight the Collectors again too.
I'm gonna take a guess and say that you'll have Cerberus enemies, Geth enemies and Reaper enemies.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Tohuvabohu said:
Zhukov said:
That's why you drive your Krogan berserk first, turn on his armour fortification and put a few levels in the melee skill.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
The multiplayer is so very addicting. The day after I started playing, I decided that I was going to stop because the work you do doesn't carry over.

I have played for 2+ hours each day since.

....I think I have a problem.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Well, finishing a Silver Challenge with just two people was awesome. Both of us were really having a good day. We started out with three, but one guy dropped out at the start of the mission so we thought we were screwed.

But it went great! We covered each other, were really fast to the objectives and just kicked major ass. Me level 20 Soldier and the other level 18 Engineer. Luckily both of us were cautious enough not to run into the fray.

I'm now N7 level 58, but I think I'd better stop playing now and wait for the full game to arrive.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Gold is some crazy shit. By that I mean hard as shit and full of bugs. Beat about 4 Gold matches now as an Asari Adept. Asari's are totally going to get nerfed lol.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
I've only been playing a human Vanguard so far but she's awesome. Nearly maxed her out now. I realised on my second day of playing why I'd been having so much trouble; until then I'd been walking around with a shotgun (Vanguard was made for shotgunning) and the assault rifle for ranged combat. My power was at -9% with this setup, but when I unlocked a new pistol I randomly selected it and realised what the weight difference actually does and just how much an effect it has. I instantly jumped to +53% regen on my powers. My next game, I managed my first bronze full extraction, and 2 more straight after with a different team.

Just by switching to a different weapon I was now not only surviving, but winnning, consistently.

As for stories, well, I've found myself spontaneously buddying up with any Krogan soldiers who turn up in games for some reason. Vanguards and Krogan soldiers seem to have the same mindsets when it comes to rushing the enemy and are seriously good at holding off waves. It also seems to come to a headbutting contest when 2 of us start ramming and charging into enemies trying to finish them off.

Think I need to start a new character now though, thinking either INfiltrator or Adept, since I just unlocked the Asari for Adept. Might jut tryng using only an SMG too to max out power regen and just start hurling powers out like crazy.

Wharrgarble

Jun 22, 2010
Bebus said:
Very nice. I've been trying to get an Asari Vanguard but so far, no luck.
Just to let you know, the Asari Vanguard isn't actually available for unlocking at the moment. Only the third row containing the aliens Aliens can be found (i.e, Drell Vanguard, Krogan Solider, Turian Sentinel, etc...), and the opposite gender for each individual class isn't unlockable either. I was in the same place you were until someone brought that to my attention, so you're not just incredibly unlucky. :D

Personally, I'm loving the multiplayer so far, which is a big surprise for me. I'm genuinely impressed with how well Bioware handled what could have been a very boring "Capture the Flag", "Team Deathmatch" throw away.

I've been playing with some friends as of late and we're having a blast trying to get through Gold. We keep dying on wave 9/10, so many damn Phantoms...

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
Fappy said:
Gold is some crazy shit. By that I mean hard as shit and full of bugs. Beat about 4 Gold matches now as an Asari Adept. Asari's are totally going to get nerfed lol.
No doubt. STASIS BUBBLES. 'nuff said.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the multiplayer is, perhaps that's just because my expectations started off pretty damn low, or it's just some solid multiplayer, either way, I'm impressed.

As for my own experiences, usually me and my friends roll
Asari Adept-me
Salarian Infiltrator
Female Human Vanguard
Turian Sentinel

We keep all the bases covered and usually works out extremely effectively, did an almost flawless run on silver last night, getting stuck into gold later on.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Phenakist said:
Fappy said:
No doubt. STASIS BUBBLES. 'nuff said.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the multiplayer is, perhaps that's just because my expectations started off pretty damn low, or it's just some solid multiplayer, either way, I'm impressed.

As for my own experiences, usually me and my friends roll
Asari Adept-me
Salarian Infiltrator
Female Human Vanguard
Turian Sentinel

We keep all the bases covered and usually works out extremely effectively, did an almost flawless run on silver last night, getting stuck into gold later on.
Stasis Bubble is almost as OP as ME1 Singularity. I hope they don't get nerfed too hard because Asari are REALLY fun to play.

I do hope they bugfix the hell out of multiplayer though. Almost every game (sepecially on Silver or Gold) we run into to some super bugged stuff. Damage seems very inconsistent on higher difficulties especially in regards to Phantoms.