Name a game (or two) you never completed

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Grand Theft Auto IV. I've tried, twice. The first time I just got pulled away by other games. The second time, I was in the middle of a mission shoot-out when my cell phone chimed in that I needed to go to a meeting for this other mission that I'd forgotten about, and... Fuck you, game. Life as a depressing third-tier criminal shouldn't require this much work.

Also, Psychonauts. I'll probably try again at some point, I just get tired of the combination of not being clear where I should go and trying to explore to figure it out being rewarded with multiple falls to my death.

foxlovingfreak

Sep 9, 2009
Final fantasy VI. I got my party exactly the way I wanted then after the games surprsing half way point I ended up losing them all and being left with the charecters I never used. I like to go back and finish if I can find my gba cartidge It's on.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
..Too many.

Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Messiah, MDK 1/2, and what I really pity, Deathspank and The Last Remnant. Those last two I really, really enjoyed and I simply don't have time to finish them in one go.

Ravison

Feb 9, 2011
FFX-2, Thief: Deadly Shadows, and Amnesia: The Dark Descent. X-2 because it got boring, Thief because that creepy orphanage was annoying and Amnesia because I'm a coward.

SergeantAnt

Feb 27, 2011
ThePS1Fan said:
Resistance: Fall of Man. I couldn't tell you why I didn't finish it, I should do that someday. LoZ Ocarina of Time, yeah should probably do that to.
The vehicle sections ruined resistance for me. They were so extremely tough with barely any checkpoints.

OT: I don't finish that many games, most lose my interest >.<.

Deus Ex HR i almost finished but it was stolen, so now im trying again. Most final fantasies i can't finish due to boredom. I've only finished 7,8, and 13(ew) now that i think about it.

Ironside

Mar 5, 2012
Red dead Redemption - i got fairly far, but it got kind of repetitive and boring eventually, so i gave up on it. Also never bothered completing GTA 4 - maybe its just rockstar games that i don't really like.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
The games I have completed would make for a much shorter list. God my gaming habits are weird.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Titan Quest, even though I love it, it's one of my favorite games of all time I've still yet to finish it. I keep my saves backed up though so when I get the itch to play it I don't have to start over.

Pokemon Heartgold\Soulsilver, I played nothing but this until I beat the Elite Four the first time then kind of burned out on it. I'm taking a break right now I guess.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, I picked it up used for $10 and played it for a couple of weeks and haven't touched it since. I find the controls to be somewhat frustrating like any first\third person perspective games on the Wii.

Grimh said:
The games I have completed would make for a much shorter list. God my gaming habits are weird.
Actually not really, most people do not finish the games they purchase, the games either become too challenging and they give up or the next shiny object hits the shelves and old games are abandoned with the "I'll get back to that one, eventually." tag put on them.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Majora's Mask. I got too busy with other games and by the time I went back to it, I had lost my copy somewhere. Ended up watching a LP for it.

Shame, I actually liked it.

AceTrilby

Dec 24, 2008
Most games I finish have to do with insane difficulty. The two I can remember are Skate and Brutal Legend. I'd have more luck gnawing my arm off than doing some of the crazy shit those games demand I complete.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Wolfchild for the Amiga.

But then again, in the Amiga era it's more a question of naming games I did finish.

Skyrim (150 hours and I'm not even up to the second major town)
Almost every RTS I ever played, except for Earth 2140 and Dawn of War
Aquanox - last mission was just too hard
GTA Vice City - open world, boring story
Sacred 2 - one of these days
Avadon: The Black Fortress - one of these days
Riven - got so close to the end, but that goddamned power plant puzzle finished me
Titan Quest - one of these days
Speedball 2 Tournament - the looooooooooooading tiiiiiiiiiimes
Spear of Destiny - old school difficulty isn't as fun as I remember
Unreal Tournament 2004 - one of these days

And probably about half the games on my old PC...

EDIT: Cthulu, Dark Corners of the Earth - FUCKING broken saving system

The_Critic

Aug 22, 2011
I think the list of games I've beaten would be shorter.

However I'm severely disappointed I never finished FFVII and Bioshock. Both because I got distracted with other games which seems to be a problem with me.

greyghost81

Dec 5, 2010
In recent memory:

Resident Evil 5 because it quickly ceased to be entertaining at any level.

Divinity 2 I lost interest.

Alan Wake I havent finished, but it was only because I was side-tracked by other games. I'll go back to it at some point.

Valkyrie Profile 2 I got to a point where no matter how much I leveled up my characters I simply could not defeat the enemies I needed to in order to proceed.

Final Fantasy X-2 got irritating, so not playing anymore seemed like a reasonable option.

Otherwise, if I spend money on a game I intend to play it through.

albinoterrorist

Jan 1, 2009
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.
I managed to finish every other MGS, but couldn't get further than halfway through PW due to Kojima's trolltastic unskippable-quicktime-interrogation-torture-mash-triangle-to-not-die scene halfway through a mission vital to advancing the plot.

That said, I read up the rest of the plot on the wiki and youtube, and I still have to say that (despite the torture scene) it's my favourite MGS.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
A PSP remake of the original Final Fantasy.

It seems like a genuinely good game, but I got it a few years ago mainly because I was going through my "I love Pokemon, but I should grow out of it" phase, and I really had a hankering for some turn based RPG action.

Now I'm in my "Pokemon rules, so fuck all y'all!" phase.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Skies of Arcadia
Tales of Symphonia

These day however are games I could finish but I can't be bother-
And Advance Wars: Dark Ruin (I don't really like the story in it)
Chrono Trigger (Just to be clear I never played it when it was on the SNES so I bought the DS.)

modularstar

Mar 20, 2011
Final Fantasies X and VII.
Both times i got right to the end and then forgot how to get back to the final boss... and then realised that i didn't care...