Name Game: #9

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I like the drawn art style. Doesn't look that bad.

And yes, the cake is a lie joke never gets old. Or maybe when Portal 2 comes out next year. We'll just have to wait and see.

HaraDaya

Nov 9, 2009
As overused as the cake thing is, this was still pretty funny. Now don't do it again.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Like most people have stated, the Cake jokes are getting too old. BUT! I think a cake joke is perfectly fitting for the comic. The cries of anguish and dismay that would be heard the world over if Valve actually pulled off a stunt like this would be well worth the outcry afterward.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Portal references annoy me so much at this point.

We get it. It's good. Now shut up already. It's not funny.

And the special edition won't come in a box if you get it off of Steam, silly!
They can give you a digital cake if they want to... >.>'

Sarmos

Mar 28, 2010
My name is Gordon Freeman, and I approve this comic for it's awesome hilarity factor. =D

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
Didn't a Valve employee make a statement saying that cake jokes were stupid? I think he did, and I think I agree.

Sodoff

Oct 15, 2009
:D I just Awesome't in my pants!

I STILL find cake jokes funny!

Way to go

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
There are God of War boss attacks less telegraphed than this joke is. There are pieces of bread on my counter less stale than this joke is. Your mother has been used fewer times than this joke has.

No, it's not still funny. No, it's not okay to FIND this funny. Valve has actively avoided using cake references in P2 just to protest how overused this joke is.

Not cool, Name Game. I'm not going to forget this. I am NEVER going to forget this.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
I like those small touches like the "glee" and the arrow towards her face in the err first panel on the second row..

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
You gotta look at it for what it is, that it probably cost 150$ for that box she has. It didn't even include the game.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Sweet! More Portal jokes from people who never played Portal.

The cake was never a lie. The prior test subject just failed.

Timtimfed

Oct 2, 2008
I cannot believe I didn't see the punchline coming - well done.

Whoever makes this comic must contain high traces of awesomosity and raditude.