Name Game: Let's Not Talk About It

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I'm reminded of last month's "Gaming Afterlife" Stolen Pixels:

Medic: Ze people are saying zat (Portal 2) vill be out ven Hell freezes over!

Soldier: We're gonna need more time than that!

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
I'm not too sure about how many people are that excited about Portal 2. Sure, Portal was fun and a great game, but it's a tad bit over rated. It was a well done puzzle game that took about 3-5 hours. Limbo was great but will I go raving mad if they announce Limbo 2? Probably not.

That being said, I am happy there will be a Portal 2. For me, it'll come when it comes. I'll pick it up, play it, and most likely enjoy it. It won't matter if it's April, August, or even next December.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
GamesB2 said:
bdcjacko said:
I don't know anyone like that, maybe it is because I hang out with people that enjoy more than just video games in life.
I enjoy more things in life than just games. Just games are the most prominent ^_^
Well recognizing that is the first step towards recovery, or am I remembering AA?

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I understand your pain. Oh Valve, why must you torment us so? Have we not pleased you with our money?

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well I hadn't heard about the delay 'til now. I'm not overly upset by this though. I only get really excited about games coming out when they are only a week or so away from coming out. Plus this is Valve. Should we really be surprised?

I'm making a note here - huge failure.

Slavik_91

May 2, 2009
Wow, a Valve game got delayed, what a surprise! [/trollface]

But in all seriousness that does kinda suck.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I think I went through this the first couple of times DNF got delayed. The Doc says I will be ok now.

Grufflenark

Nov 17, 2010
the outsider said:
As long as Valve maintains their high standards of quality games then i do not care how long it takes for a game to be released. I can wait 5-6 years (Half-Life 2) for a game if it turns out to be one of the best games ever released and worth the time spent in development than get another game every year and when turns out to be another mediocre title (current franchises).
Waiting 10 years for SC2 was not worth it :(

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Y'see, there's a thing in this world called "Valve time".
*One dream-crushing later*
And THAT'S why it won't be coming out until 2015.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
I'm making a note here: huge disappointment.
It's hard to overstate my lack of surprise.
Valve software: we delay when we want, because we can.
For the good of our accounts.
Except the ones that are empty.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the coding gets done.
And you make a neat game.
For the people who are still alive.
Etc.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu-
Goddamnit, Valve. you better not go with a "HL2EP3" trend with this D8<

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
I like the drawings of the spittle and blood. Nice, and true to want the gamers do to release frustration!

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Don't blame her if shes projecting! Portal was the best designed game of all time. N' Portal 2 looks VERY promising! But I'm betting the wait will be worth it.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Hardy har. I remember when I would get upset/severely annoyed at that. Not too many games have me that excited for anymore. I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

You could always freeze yourself and be unfrozen in April. As long as you don't overshoot and end up too far in the future.