Name Game: Thankful or Fearful

Leels

Feb 13, 2010
Thankful or Fearful

I believe the lady is trying to tell you to run.

Read Full Article

Sheinen

Apr 22, 2009
I think you need to be American for that one...If I hadn't seen that episode of Lie To Me where a guy was crushed to death in a crowd outside a store on Black Friday I'd have been lost.

Jul 22, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Oh, how dare I not know what goes on in America. Heaven forbid that countries custom not be endorsed by all others!
I didn't know either. I only found out by reading news articles on Trueachievements and the like.

I was trying to explain it. If it came across as passive aggressive I apologise.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
Pirate Kitty said:
I so don't get it.
Not sure what Australia has, but for the UK, the closest thing to Black Friday is the post-Christmas sales rush, where things can get a little... hysteric.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
The sad part is I forgot it was black friday once, and for some reason Americans tend to think that Canada has Thanksgiving at the sametime. He have it in early-mid October. Well a bunch of Americans came to Canada for fuck-know-why, and the game stores we LITERAL stampedes. THere was elbowing, kicking, shoving, and I think I saw a headbutt... Just to make sure no one stepped anywhere near the game you MAYBE POTENTIALLY want

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
tharglet said:
Pirate Kitty said:
I so don't get it.
Not sure what Australia has, but for the UK, the closest thing to Black Friday is the post-Christmas sales rush, where things can get a little... hysteric.
It's a time to pause.. and think of those poor poor retail workers getting the flak from all directions.... Hmmm... idea for an FPS...?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Pirate Kitty said:
Oh, how dare I not know what goes on in America. Heaven forbid that countries custom not be endorsed by all others!
The way it works is everyone outside of America has to know about everything that goes on over here while we sit around and not care about what goes on in the rest of the world.

I plan to be a part of that rush come tomorrow. Those are some good sales... but if everything goes to hell (100% chance of this happening), there's always Amazon and Steam...

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
ProfessorLayton said:
Pirate Kitty said:
The way it works is everyone outside of America has to know about everything that goes on over here while we sit around and not care about what goes on in the rest of the world.
While the rest of the world yells at us to care through any means including what Pirate Kitty typed all the way to what was said in the black ops yahtzee video.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
tharglet said:
Pirate Kitty said:
I so don't get it.
Looks like anyone who was allowed to field a team at the Commonwealth Games has Boxing Day. I know in Canada it's gotten so bad that most stores won't take return/exchanges for the first week after Chritmas, just outgoing items.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well that just made Black Friday sound 100% cooler than it really is. Sounded like something along the lines of "Judgement Day", rather than just some shopping holiday.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
GamesB2 said:
Ha that's quite funny...

Pirate Kitty said:
I so don't get it.
What part of it don't you get?

Black Friday is where a lot of game stores in America have large sales and discounts.
Actually Black Friday is a day where people stop giving a shit about diginity, drive 3 hours in the pitch black of the wee hours of the morning to the nearest mall, wait in line in their pj's for 3 more hours to buy something for 4 percent off, and knock you ass over tea-kettle to take what you're trying to buy, regardless of what it is or if they need it because they can save $7 on it, imagine a nuke went off and people are scrambling to steal supplies for their fallout shelters, but you need to wait in line for what seems like 3 very boring eternities to pay for it while standing in a Target that is bareley lit and smells profusely of body odor, having been dragged along unknowingly to this display of human insanity. Or at least thats how my first BlackFriday was like, "So how are you likeing Louisiana?" "Didn't you push me down earlier?" "Oh I'm sorry dear," verbatim, I had that conversation on Black Friday, an eldery women almost knocked me off my feet to buy some DVD's. This is why other countires make fun of us.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Pirate Kitty said:
I so don't get it.
They're working a store on Black Friday

the day that... I believe last year?
anyways

I guy was trampled to death (yes- TO DEATH) by anxious shoppers when he opened the doors to Wal-Mart (on black friday)