Name one horrible thing that was done to people that isn't done to animals every year.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
There is a meme about the oppression Olympics and about which group of people had it worse, but I thought about it and was reminded of the book Eternal Treblinka. The more I thought about it, as bad as humans have treated other humans, they have always treated other people better than animals.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
undeadsuitor said:
I wouldn't call taxes an atrocity, but they're definitely a necessary evil(unless you're an anarchist or a nomad).

https://www.shepped.com/german-shepherd-worth-400-million/

Any animal that has a job is also tracked by the government.

PsychicTaco115 said:
Those aren't strictly horrible, but very annoying. I take it you never heard of http://lolcatz.livejournal.com/

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Psychological torture I guess. You can tell a dog all the awful ways you're going to torture it beforehand, but it won't understand a word you're saying.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
JoJo said:
Psychological torture I guess. You can tell a dog all the awful ways you're going to torture it beforehand, but it won't understand a word you're saying.
You can't have a conversation with a dog, but you can still do a sadistic version of the pavlov experiment with one.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Dreiko said:
Animals lack the capacity to read Twilight. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.
But some apes know sign language, and you can sign it to them. Though I'm pretty sure its against the Geneva Convention.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
inu-kun said:
JoJo said:
I think closing a calf in a room without letting it move is pretty efficient psychological torture.
In a sense, maybe, but I'm thinking of something on a more conscious level. Like telling someone how you're going to kill their family in exact detail, one-by-one. I suppose it depends on where you draw the line.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
Awareness of the threat of nuclear annihilation.

Politics.

The Last Airbender Movie.

Plenty of things really.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I was totally ninja'd on taxes.

Okay, here's one: Animals aren't forced to deal with U.S. politics. Especially presidential year politics.

DAMN! Ninja'd again!

...efforting...

Animals don't have to worry about favorite authors, actors and actresses dying before a favorite series is completed.

[small][small] [small] Still missing you, Carrie/Leia. Always.[/small][/small][/small]

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Animals will never see their favorite novel bastardized into film by someone that obviously never read the source material.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
Circumcision

If you want to see how bad it is...here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyzlZn4FJPU