Name something(s) you're concerned about with the games you're most excited for

AmberSword

Jun 16, 2014
Dragon Age Inquisition:
The only, from all the footage and gameplay I've seen, ONLY concern I have is for the dialogue, I hate the dialogue wheel system, they literally put markers on the conversation options to tell you what it is gonna impact, even if they weren't there, many times its completely obvious what line you said would do what because the writing is so shallow, it completely eliminates strategic and deep dialogue choices. This aspect probably is already set in stone though, and EA does have a history of treating dialogue more as vending machines of morality, but even DA:O wasn't this bad.

I just wish their team could take a lesson or 2 from the Witcher series, especially the first one, in this department. (detective chapter comes to mind, thoroughly excellent)

I'll still pick this game up eventually, unless they manage to royally screw up by adding in game microtransactions and such.

oZode

Nov 15, 2011
I'm concerned that Destiny won't make the ridiculous sales margin Activision gave it. 700$ million for a game is just insane, especially for a new IP.

I'm also a wee bit concerned that the lore won't be that good for the game. Maybe it's since i'm more 90's space action thriller or golden age sci-fi or hard sci-fi in my preferences with sci-fi. Space opera/fantasy is okay from time to time though. Destiny is kinda like a cross of star wars and warhammer on a much smaller scale.

I also am a bit worried that getting a new game console isn't worth it all since I just don't have many games in general to look toward to.

On the computer, i'm looking towards lots of space sims. Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, that one they showed at E3, Civ BE, Limit Theory... List goes on. Fear is I am not sure how well these games will actually live up to their premises.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I really want to get a hands on with the driving style in The Crew. For it to be the casual lighthearted mp fun I want it to be, it needs to be fairly forgiving or my friends wont co-op with me. Also hope the net code is good. Racing/driving games are notoriously bad in my region.

And in Destiny, the net code again. Halo 4 co-op campaign and spartan ops was a laggy mess, so hopefully that means Bungie took the guys who got that right in previous installments to work on Destiny...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Random Argument Man said:
3) Nintendo in general: They don't succeed despite the games being good.
The Wii U and DS are (mostly) doing what everyone seems to want too...backwards compatibility (to a rediculous degree with the U) and, while it isn't as great as the other consoles, their online services have vastly improved from what the Wii offered.

---

Smash Bros For Wii U/3DS: The character roster is going to be the same on both platforms but what if you need both games to unlock all characters? Like the Villager for example; AC has been a HUGE hit on the 3DS, what if you have to unlock Villager on the 3DS and import it over to the Wii U version? Or vice-versa for the Wii Fit Trainer?

I'm hoping Yarn Yoshi isn't as easy as Kirby's Epic Yarn...but it's a Yoshi Game crossed with a Yarn game...

What if Splatoon is the first Wii U game that doesn't offer couch co-op?

I'm unclear on which Wii U games are e-Shop excluvise...Toad's Treasure Hunt, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Professor Layton vs Pheonix Wright, Phoenix Wright trilogy...?

What if Project Giant Robo doesn't eventually become a revived Teleroboxer?!

Watch Dogs is still happening on the Wii U, right?

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
The Witcher 3.

...nothing concerns me >:D

A game that I am a bit concerned for though, is No Man's Sky.

I hope that the project isn't over-ambitious, and that the team ends up pulling it off. An exploration-focused space sim which is randomly generated is a massive amount of work for such a small studio.

Nonethless, I still wish Hello Games luck. They are trying something radical, and I am fully behind that. Better a failure due to unrealistic expectations than artsy-platformer #450-sigma or brown-shooter #33.6c2.
All of this in regards to both games that you mentioned.

OT: Farcry 4.
I'm slightly worried that they won't do enough new stuff and instead be more of the same old Farcry 3. I only say slightly worried since even if this happens, I'll still probably love the game considering how much I enjoyed Farcry 3.
BathorysGraveland2 said:
Witcher 3: The alchemy system has me a little worried. Apparently, they're simplifying the process, rather than deepening it. I was hoping for it to be even more complex and fleshed out. So yeah, that's got me nervous that maybe some other stuff is going to also be simplified.
Not gonna lie, this actually makes me happy. I never understood the workings of the alchemy system. I do remember thinking that the poison meter was a neat idea though, so hopefully they don't go so far as to remove that.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
RedDeadFred said:
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
The Witcher 3.

I hope that the project isn't over-ambitious, and that the team ends up pulling it off. An exploration-focused space sim which is randomly generated is a massive amount of work for such a small studio.

Nonethless, I still wish Hello Games luck. They are trying something radical, and I am fully behind that. Better a failure due to unrealistic expectations than artsy-platformer #450-sigma or brown-shooter #33.6c2.

I'm slightly worried that they won't do enough new stuff and instead be more of the same old Farcry 3. I only say slightly worried since even if this happens, I'll still probably love the game considering how much I enjoyed Farcry 3.
I would dispute that by hypothesizing that FC4 will be FC3 but with a greater emphasis on exploration. The added verticality will make it more of a Far Cry 3+ (to me at least), considering that its in the Himalayas.

Whilst the core combat might not deviate all that much(perhaps more weapons, and takedown techniques) I feel that everything else has a great chance to flourish in this setting.

I also liked that their presentation wasn't scripted. Shows confidence that is rarely seen amongst AAAs.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
RedDeadFred said:
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
The Witcher 3.

I would dispute that by hypothesizing that FC4 will be FC3 but with a greater emphasis on exploration. The added verticality will make it more of a Far Cry 3+ (to me at least), considering that its in the Himalayas.

Whilst the core combat might not deviate all that much(perhaps more weapons, and takedown techniques) I feel that everything else has a great chance to flourish in this setting.

I also liked that their presentation wasn't scripted. Shows confidence that is rarely seen amongst AAAs.
Oh I agree. I don't actually think that it will be too much like Farcry 3, it's just that's really the only minor concern I can think of. Everything I've seen so far has me thinking that it will be an excellent game that certainly will be able to stand out from Farcry 3. I hope we get the wing suite earlier in the game though so that the verticality can be taken full advantage of. The only thing that might make it too similar to Farcy 3 now (at least, by the looks of it) is if they rehash the same story and even then that wouldn't be a big deal since my favourite part of Farcry 3 was the excellent gameplay.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
RedDeadFred said:
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
RedDeadFred said:
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
The Witcher 3.

Oh I agree. I don't actually think that it will be too much like Farcry 3, it's just that's really the only minor concern I can think of. Everything I've seen so far has me thinking that it will be an excellent game that certainly will be able to stand out from Farcry 3. I hope we get the wing suite earlier in the game though so that the verticality can be taken full advantage of. The only thing that might make it too similar to Farcy 3 now (at least, by the looks of it) is if they rehash the same story and even then that wouldn't be a big deal since my favourite part of Farcry 3 was the excellent gameplay.
I can agree with that. Another descent into madness would make the devs seem like a one-trick pony. Though even then, I still like that sort of villain they had(Vaas and this new guy) because someone who enjoys causing harm makes them all the more interesting.

Here's hoping to a great game! Or, if not that, an interesting one! :)

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
The fact that Massive are still looking for a lead writer job for The Divison.

Hell, I know how I'd do it, and I know I would.. But I got no credentials.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Dragon Age Inquisition: After ME3 I have high hopes but low expectations for this game, I really want it to be good though especially since a couple of my friends are considering getting it (and they haven't played the other 2). I did enjoy DA2, though it was clearly rushed, but ME3 was pretty shit throughout with the exception of the palaven through tuchanka sequence so yeah. One odd concern I have is that I heard a while back there might be multiplayer for it, but I haven't heard anything in particular on that front. Personally (while obviously I primarily want a solid single player experience) I think something like coop randomized dungeon crawls could be great in DA and if they are doing multiplayer I would love to see something like that, especially if they went crazy with the class selection like ME3's multiplayer did (the best part of ME3 for me honestly) and let you play as golems or werewolves and other stuff like that.

Dark Souls 2 DLC: Please have awesome bosses and atmosphere, Dark Souls 2 left me wanting for that in comparison to previous games so it would be nice to see it reclaim some of that.

Bloodborne: Hmm, I'm actually not too concerned about this as it looks fantastic so far. Mostly I'm curious is things like sorcery and miracles will still be around in the new setting and if the whole using the beast blood stuff will just be a new leveling system or something else. I'd say I'm a little concerned about how taking away shields in favor of guns will play out, but honestly I stopped using shields in Dark Souls 2 somewhere in NG+ so I think I'll adapt nicely.

Unannounced, but still: Fallout 4: I doubt its going to happen but I would love if they just let Obsidian keep making Fallout games, New Vegas was heads and shoulders above Fallout 3 in just about every aspect and Obsidian actually knows how to write a recovering post apocalyptic setting that is true to the original games. I'll probably still get and enjoy Bethesda's next iteration of the series when/if they make it but I would really prefer to see more from Obsidian instead.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Bbleds said:
My biggest one, that seems to have been confirmed, is Evil Within that is supposed to be the comeback of "AAA" survival horror games is probably going to do all the wrong things that the "AAA" survival horror games do. I love horror games and when I saw the first gameplay trailer I rolled my eyes. Then I heard more and my hopes raised, but only to be dashed again by the journalists who played the demo who talk of combat heavy sequences and the resounding verdict that it's not scary.....like at all.
Not scary for the reason of combat heavy sequences?

OT: Bayonetta 2.

...well, I'm not at all concerned about any aspect of Bayo 2 (though I hope there's as much non-setpiece combat as in the first); but I do hope that it coming with Bayonetta 1 in the physical edition isn't some Japan only dealie...

And of course I hope that things in progress end up being well-polished. Specifically Prison Architect; I'm hoping that there's more than just the sandbox in the finished version.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
DarkhoIlow said:
I hope that Witcher 3 won't have too many bugs. We all know what happened with Skyrim. It's quite a big flaw of open world games.

I am afraid that Dragon Age Inquisition will be another and bigger DA2 from the action`y combat and it has shed all it's Dragon Age Origins roots. After ME3's ending and DA2 this is their last ditch effort to redeem themselves. We shall see how it will be in October.
....they brought back the top down tactics style for guys like you and it was a pretty big deal as seen here:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80frogBXfNY
enjoy :)

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
I'm slightly worried that Ubi might try to remake Vaas again in FarCry 4. Vaas was a super amazing character, but just doing another half-mad violent psycho for a villain again would certainly ruin the magic. That said he is already in a different role to Vaas, rather than a second-in-command guy in a criminal organisation who is native (I believe) to the island this new guy is a foreign despot who claims ownership of the country. He also appears to have a pre-existing history with the protagonist which ought to be very interesting indeed. The problem might lie in the character himself, which so far doesn't seem different enough from Vaas' character. Although this new guy seems more on the side of excitable and eccentric as oppose to Vaas who was malicious and dark. Both, however, are clearly unstable psychopaths.

TL;DR: I am worried that Ubisoft will try to copy Vaas' character over to FC4 for the villain, and even though Vaas was a great character, doing it twice would simply ruin it.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
ecoho said:
DarkhoIlow said:
I hope that Witcher 3 won't have too many bugs. We all know what happened with Skyrim. It's quite a big flaw of open world games.

I am afraid that Dragon Age Inquisition will be another and bigger DA2 from the action`y combat and it has shed all it's Dragon Age Origins roots. After ME3's ending and DA2 this is their last ditch effort to redeem themselves. We shall see how it will be in October.
....they brought back the top down tactics style for guys like you and it was a pretty big deal as seen here:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80frogBXfNY
enjoy :)
I have watched everything regarding DAI and I am severely disappointed that they kept the action combat. Yeah ok..they got tactical camera in, but in no way shape or form I wanted DA2 auto attack combat.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
JagermanXcell said:
I'm worried about the camera in the leaked footage of FromSoft's BloodBorne.

Since their now leaked "Project Beast" footage turned out to be a build of the game that was supposed to be shown for last year's TGS, I noticed that their traditional Souls camera placement is being put a lot closer to the player character in the now recent 30sec leaked E3 footage. Only thing that's daunting about it is that it might be tooooo close for a now noted to be quicker paced action title, where turning the camera and knowing your surouindings fast is crucial. Revengeance is a good example of a great action game sort of hindered by a camera too close to it's character, so I'm hoping BloodBorne's is put there for tensions sake/it works properly in the end.
doesn't the camera in all platinum games just want to murder you?
the camera in vanquish was too close, especially when sliding which frequently made me miss the one fucker with a weapon powerful enough to kill me and Bayonetta had a camera that would completely freak out the moment you treid to look around corners for secrets and such. also why did that game have a lock-on system that required you to press a button with the same finger that people commonly use the press the button you place the dodge move on. in a game that relies on dodging 100% of the time.

OT: that [notalphacentauriII] is more like CIVV than alpha centauri. like i really just want it to be shiny alpha centauri with hexes and better interface but i fear i will get a release-state civv in space

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
LittleBigPlanet 3 - I'm worried that the fact that it's on PS3 will hold the PS4 version back.

SW Battlefront 3 - That they take the open, strategic gameplay full of NPCs(or at least tons of players) that we all knew and loved, and turn it into Battlefield, and/or give it a boring on-rails COD campaign instead of something that reflects the aforementioned multiplayer.
Oh and there better be third-person! Split-screen multiplayer would be welcome as well...

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Arkham Knight - Really the integration of the Batmobile still concerns me. Its got to be insanely limited to stop you killing people "accidentally", or the streets will be barren and boring. The whole turning-into-a-tank gizmo feels out of place with the character, and worries me that AK themselves will just be some boring robot gimmick villain.

Far Cry 4 - When they popped out the rock climbing rig in that gameplay trailer, combined with Ubisoft's love of climbing "puzzles" (more often puzzling because of not-well-denoted climbable surfaces), yeah the connection there should be obvious. I mean, I'd love to see rock climbing finally in a free-roam, but I'm skeptical they can get that working without being either glitchy or locked to pre-defined points and unimmersive.

Destiny - The alpha showed that the fireteam join process is incredibly annoying (although it was also a major surge in the feedback, so maybe they'll fix it up). That causes a related worry that large tracts of the game will be nigh-incompletable without a fireteam as well.

No Man's Sky - I want to believe what they're saying. But the incredibly small studio doing it doesn't seem like enough to do what they're saying. We got 95% of the same spiel leading up to Spore, which completely failed to deliver (Rootkit DRM aside), and that had a bigger studio working it.

DOOM - Well yeah, uhm, I played Doom 3. That worries me for Doom. Wolfenstein TNO gives me some hope that maybe they can get their stride back. Though it was by a different studio so who knows.

Bloodborne - I'm concerned that we're just rehashing things at this point, with guns instead of magic. DS2 wasn't bad (also, I know its a different director), but it was definately a lot of retreading proven ground and very little of its own identity.

The wave of "co-op" in general kind of repeats my latter point in Destiny.

I'm not over-worried with the "Bridge-Gen" slew of games, since that's just normal with the territory. No one's really had the chance to put forth their true next-gen feet yet. Even Arkham Knight (which is the first full next-gen third party game i think?) I think is just upgraded slightly.

FPLOON

Your #1 Source for the Dino Porn
Jul 10, 2013
I think, in terms of Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD ReMIX, I'm more worried about Re:Coded's HD cinematic movie/cutscene montage feeling more like the cop-out version of 358/2 Days' HD cinematic movie/cutscene montage, in terms of turning some of the key battle moments in the game into actual cutscenes... *sighs* Why do I feel like both of those games, when they were going through the HD cinematic movie conversion, the battle moments got turned into some kind of "interactive" QTE akin to KH2's "reaction commands" only without the "you miss the button prompt and you fail" mentality... Almost like Smash Bros. Melee's "shooting the credits" moment and/or Dream Drop Distance's "unique" way of watching the credits...

SilverLion

May 11, 2013
I've heard as much praise as I have vitriol for sonic Boom, so I don't know if anyone else will even care for this, but I'll throw this in.
I don't care that it's a brawler instead of a straight up speed platformer, but if you're going to make a Sonic brawler, could you at least make the combat more fast paced and fluid? The combat seems alright for a brawler, but I was thinking they could have the ifghting be like in a Bruce Lee movie where the characters are attacking almost too fast to see. Also, the characters all look like besides their environmental interaction stuff (Sonic can spin dash up ramps, Knuckles can burrow etc.) they play the same. Maybe make Sonic move faster than the others and attack faster, but he's more fragile and deals lsightly less damage. Knuckles is the opposite, doing heavy damage and shrugging off injuries but being sluggish to control, Tails is physically frail and is in between sonic and Knuckles in terms of speed and melee damage but is the only one with a ranged attack and Amy... actually Amy seems fine.
Maybe if it was more Dynasty Warriors than Werehog people would appreciate it better because from what I've seen Dynasty Warriors is fast paced and flashy, which is what I expect from Sonic. I'm trying not to let any expectations colour my mind before I get a hand on it, but I think that these issues could be addressed.