Name your biggest complaints from your favorite Video Game series/Video Game

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
TES: Oblivion
Please make enchanting better i soul trapped a soldier and used a black soul gem and i barely could get a strong shield, resistance, enhancement, or reinforcement. its extremly strict, limited and has no point to it.
Dark Cloud 2
quit making the inventing so cryptic, you have to take photos of objects to form ideas for inventions... the only problem is to get the really good inventions you have to take pictures of EVERYTHING, and its not made clear what is picturable and what not. Plus people and monsters can be used as idea (wierd) and so during combat and walking the street you have to take time out to get people to look at the camera and take the picture and not get hurt by monsters in dungeons.
Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Allow less restrictions on your building with diagnol angles and allow wings and seats to work any direction, you allow the wings to go vertical and sideways but they only work flat to the ground, plus add low rider wheels so the wheels dont stick out five inches from where you want them.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
Mass Effect 2: When making a female character, please make them exist for some reason other than sex appeal. I'd rather have a believable character than some one who obviously only exists for perverted people to stare at.

Day of Defeat source, fix that issue where some ones shadow becomes visible on the other side of the wall.

Left 4 Dead 2: Kill Rochelle.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
World of Warcraft: The Popularity Effect

Everything becomes simpler, faster, less challenging, less interesting. Casuals flock to the game, to the detriment of the community. Helpful hardcore players are replaced with morons trolling trade chat for hours on end with no moderation whatsoever. Raids become a joke unless you enable artifical hoops to jump through ("heroic modes"). Classes become homogenized to quell the incessant drooling masses. It's a nightmare for someone who actually knows what the hell they're doing. It's still a great game, but yeesh, stop catering to the lowest common denominator Blizzard.

Kanodin0

Mar 2, 2010
Okami: Far too easy combatwise. An entire aspect of the game was extra lifes through food pouches, I don't recall ever actually needing to use them because of how easy it is. On the other end of the spectrum is Blockhead Grande and his big stupid face.

Deus Ex: Encouraging avoidance of deadly force. This is good. However, by the midgame or so non-lethal ammo all but disappears requiring a shift to deadly force. Graphics now ugly. Overall poor voice acting.

Alpha Protocol: You likely already know all about this one's flaws. The interesting thing is that I still find it worth going on this list with all those glitches and only mediocre combat.

Fallout 1: At times too easy to get lost. Ending missions aren't that fun and drag on a bit.

Fallout 2: Loses some of the charm of 1. Ending missions also something of a hassle.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Final Fantasy 10. How you had to know ahead of time that ALL of your characters needed to be leveled up at any given time or else you were fucked when party members got kidnapped and some bosses were impossible to beat....i hate you so much Square.

Szayel Aporro Granz

May 23, 2009
smudgey said:
Zelda, the fact that we're almost always fighting Ganon. Seriously Nintendo, does anyone give a shit about him anymore? And how about setting it somewhere other than Hyrule? Windwaker was great, exploring a whole bunch of new places.... only to end up in freaking Hyrule at the end. Fighting Ganon. Again.

How about setting a Zelda game in the modern day, or near future? Instead of Epona, we get a hoverboard like in Back to the Future: Part 2. Instead of the Master Sword, we get a light sabre.

What about a new character? Or telling the story of an existing character? They could make a game about Princess Zelda's journey to become Sheik while Link was in stasis for 7 years.

Just do something new, for fuck's sake!
Wait are you serious?!?!

Saxm13

Feb 22, 2010
TestECull said:
naughtynazgul said:
Crysis - most people can't even play it; come to think of it.... how did this game even sell enough copies at all?!?!?
Two things...

1. Most people can't even play it? Dude my rig ran it FLAWLESSLY at 1600x1200, and my rig is hardly anything special. By 2005 standards. It's an antique by 2010 standards. I'm still on Socket 939 for god's sake. You don't need much computer to play Crysis. If my rig can run it playably at that resolution than any 2008-spec gaming rig should do it at 1080P, and any 2010-spec one should be able to max it at 1080p.

2. Many people who care more about their e-peen than anyone should(Which is to say caring about it at all) use it as a benchmark. A chunk of them torrent it, but most buy it. Erego, hundreds of thousands of sales.

Typical convo when two of them encounter a gamer: Idiot 1: "LOOK I CAN RUN TWO MORE FRAMES THAN YOU!" Idiot 2:"I RUN TWO MORE LEVELS OF AA!" Actual gamer: "I actually beat the game, stop waving your e-willies around. You're getting E-STDs on my monitor." Idiot 1: "YOU SUCK" Idiot 2: "LOL YOUR COMPUTER SUCKS YOU CAN'T RUN 25986U95869858593486505869468Y964UY97JHKNB59 7589U57^190 LEVELS OF ANTIALIASING!" Actual gamer: "Oy.....brb I need to nuke this alien"

Crysis was actually a pretty good game, but many people got so caught up with it being used as a benchmark that they forgot it was a game at all.
Fair enough, point taken. xD

TheLefty

May 21, 2008
Fallout 3's glitches, and creepy animations.

TF2 on 360's complete lack of player base, and my computer's inability to play it (not the games fault, but still annoying).

Mass Effect series, and it's limited replay (in my opinion, I can only play through it about a time and multiple halves).

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Wayneguard said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Morrowind... um...
The Ashlands are fucking boring. There, a complaint. It's possible.
Haha. I actually enjoy walking in the ashlands (cliff racers and all). Every time I go in, i find a new dungeon.
Well yeah, it's fun and all, but it's so DULL.
And cliff racers are the other downside, I guess. Not that they're annoying or hard, but their descent AI is just horribly broken. Tamriel Rebuilt did flying enemies much better.

(Google that if you play Morrowind, it's the best mod EVER. And I'm currently applying to join :D)

mornal

Aug 19, 2009
My biggest complaint is more just about Bioware's games in general (or at least ME 1+2 and DA:O). I hate it when I get to that point in the game when I've heard everything my party members have to say. I realise that they have restraints on how much voice acting they can do but I always find it so depressing when I go back to my camp/ship ready to have a chat with the people I've been connecting to for the last however many hours only to find they have nothing new to tell me.

I especially don't like it because it also signals the beginning of the end of the game. In all three of the previously mentioned games as soon as your party members start repeating themselves the end of the game is one or two missions away.

And only partially related to this, I'll second the annoyance with romance in ME2. Just by talking to a potential partner every time you return to the Normandy you'll find you're steered toward romance. I don't recall that happening in the first game, or at least it wasn't as obvious.

Vromnir

Sep 23, 2008
trog08 said:
Final Fantasy X. One word..... Blitzball....
Blitzball was awesome, i didn't even finish the game because I got hooked on playing it..............also the bosses with 1,000,000,000+ health.

smudgey

May 8, 2008
Szayel Aporro Granz said:
smudgey said:
Zelda, the fact that we're almost always fighting Ganon. Seriously Nintendo, does anyone give a shit about him anymore? And how about setting it somewhere other than Hyrule? Windwaker was great, exploring a whole bunch of new places.... only to end up in freaking Hyrule at the end. Fighting Ganon. Again.

How about setting a Zelda game in the modern day, or near future? Instead of Epona, we get a hoverboard like in Back to the Future: Part 2. Instead of the Master Sword, we get a light sabre.

What about a new character? Or telling the story of an existing character? They could make a game about Princess Zelda's journey to become Sheik while Link was in stasis for 7 years.

Just do something new, for fuck's sake!
Wait are you serious?!?!
Damn straight i am! I've been playing Zelda games for a long time, and while the Zelda series has always been pretty bloody good, it's also pretty bloody predictable. The DS games are a step in the right direction with some new villains, but the console Zeldas are the same story repeated ad nauseam. With the sole exception of Majora's Mask, every console Zelda has seen us save the same bloody princess from the same bloody end boss.

Majora's Mask showed that the Zelda formula can work with new characters, a new story and a new world to explore. So we do we always have to go back to Hyrule?

Quorothorn

Apr 9, 2010
Timmy HarleQuin said:
Ratchet and Clank series: I want it to end. Please? I adore the games, I have every single one of them but please Insomniac Games, let it be! All the games are the same! Granted you tried something different with Ratchet Gladiator which was a fail, but all the games are the same! Crazy weapons that get more insane and ridiculous with every upgrade, one badguy that has some connection to Ratchet or Clank or a previous game which he defeats but some sort of cliffhanger is left at the end. It works so damn well, it makes the games amazing!! But after.. what is it, 6 games now? Its time to let it be! Don't let it become a game everyone says "sigh, not another one" when the name is mentioned
Agreed. I felt like some of the spark went out of the series when it hit the PS3, even though they were still great, they just didn't feel as awesome as the PS2 entries. Like with Resident Evil, I'm perfectly fine with the series ending with the most recent title and that being that.

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
IamSofaKingRaw said:
angry_flashlight said:
Play God of War 3, simple. Unless you got a 360 and played God of war 2 on ps2...
Play GoW 2 for the first time, and wait 3 years for an ending to that scene. That is annoying, and it detracts from an otherwise perfect game. This is a complaint about only the game itself, not the series.

aaron552

Jun 11, 2008
UncleUlty said:
Persona: You're battle system ranges from an annoying mess(Persona 1) to fun but tedious(P3). I love Persona 3/4's battles but with P3 it was find out their weakness and exploit it, rinse and repeat.
I don't see how you can think Persona 3's battles were tedious (unless you're counting the boss battles, but they were boss battles), most of the time I finished battles against ordinary shadows in 1-3 turns (with Player Advantage, the enemies got, at most, 1 turn). The final boss fight against
did seem to drag out for far too long (around 40-50 minutes, for me), but it was the final boss fight.

I mostly prefer the system in Persona 4 where you have to try every type of attack until you find the enemies' weaknesses (there's no analyzing; at least not yet, I haven't finished P4 yet). Also, the boss battle music in Persona 4 is awesome. (YMMV)

My main issue with Persona 3 and 4 is the enemies with insta-kill attacks (can be mitigated by the rare Homunculus item) or (and this is much worse) who relentlessly attack the PC's weakness; this was much worse in Persona 3, where you had no control over your party members (although you do in P3P), and getting hit by your weakness loses your next turn, preventing you from switching persona (FFFFUUUUU-). Also, if the PC dies, it's game over. Mostly justified
The PC in P3 is a living seal on Nyx. When he dies, the seal is broken, Nyx comes and the world ends
but it's still frustrating, especially towards the end of the game:
Aigis' evolved persona has samarecarm, so she'd just revive me on her next turn, if she could

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Dragon Age: Origins: It isn't fun. Takes all the good bits out of WoW and replaces them with voice acting, which is good, and the opening Origins bit can't make it's mind up wether it wants to be a linear epic game where it plans my character's (A dwarf poor guy) rise from the drudges, or lets me choose.

CoD 5 and 6: There isn't a cheat mode. CoD 4 had one, was great and very very fun. Added huge amounts of replay value and awesome to an already 5-star game. Why did they miss out on such a classic feature in the more recent installments?

Crackdown: Bosses should be much harder, in different ways, and not just have a fuckload of guys guarding them and a lot of health. That's not difficult, that's a mild obstacle.

BFBC2: Either a great campaign, with the humour of the first game, or no campaign whatsoever and just big up multiplayer. You know, more guns, vehicles, customization, just every penny that could've been used on campaign, going into multiplayer.

GTA IV: Like Dragon Age, where's the fun? In San Andreas I remember having endless fun going batshit crazy doing whatever I want, Red Faction Guerilla-style. Yet in GTA IV I did that and it was slow, annoying to make Niko run, and generally boring. Realism can go suck a dick. That's the reason I play Red Faction Guerilla every other day, and why I never want to pay money for the bland soul-sucker that is GTA IV.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
aaron552 said:
Maybe tedious wasn't the right word,they do go pretty fast except for boss battles but as you said they are boss battles but I never felt them tedious as I was always leveled decent. I think the word I'm wanting to use is repetitive, yeah the battles move fast but it's always hit the weakness and all out attack. Especially bad in parts of Block Four where quite a few enemies in the same area were all weak to ice so I was spamming Black Frost's Mabufula and just not even thinking about it. This was made a bit worse by P3P since it uses P4's knockdown/one more time system.The point I'm trying to get to is while the system is solid it just gets boring after a short bit.