Narrative, Racing, and Platforming Games are Dead

Raziel

Jul 20, 2013
They've got it backwards for me. What I'm most excited for are narrative games, the next uncharted, tombraider, last guardian. I preorder those games, burn through them quick and stick the on my shelf.

Just because I play the game longer doesn't matter to me. I pumped hundreds of hours into skyrim and did buy an expansion pack. But I've played warframe for a hundred hours or more and only paid $20 into it. And I'll never pay any more.

I'd dearly love skyrim 2. But I'm not buying EOS, no way am I paying subscription and micro transactions on a full price game I don't care if I played it 4 hrs a day for the next year.

I pay for games going by how appealing they are to me. A game with a great story and great characters appeals to me tons. But this pick your own adventure crap, no, the story is almost always a negative for me. I've pumped hundreds of hours into skyrim buy never did the main civil war story line. mass effect and dragon age I've stopped playing because I hate the story and characters. And as great as it looks I may well skip witcher 3 for the same reason. The problem with the whole choose your story is that the choices suck. There is almost never the option for what I would do. So for me choose your own adventure games are tons of dialog to slog through and half or more of the game I'll never see because I'm sure not grinding through the whole game again to see the paths I liked even less than what I chose the first time through.

Frankly the one of the only things I hate more than player choice in games is motion control.