Naruto Finally Comes to an End Next Month

A.K.B.

Feb 27, 2014
Ratty said:
Miura's art just takes a long time. I'm as anxious for the story to continue as anyone but the creator deserves to have a life outside of his work.

Here's how Miura described his work schedule in response to a letter from fans in 2009, by which point the series had been going on about 20 years already.

Q8: Could you describe an average day in your studio? How many hours each day do you work?

I start working at 2:00 PM and I finish at 7:00 AM. Of course, the time I spend eating is included. I work 15-16 hours everyday, without holidays.

(source: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=k10qfpt5m3alaj3efiva2rgd40&topic=9513.msg166308#msg166308 )

He's not getting any younger so of course he's had to slow down. It's a wonder that work schedule didn't already kill him. Here's hoping he stays healthy and we get to see the end of the series.
I have read that before, and a lot of people _me included_ suspect these numbers are exaggerated _ to be fair, that could appertain to HxH following the same trend of "OH SORRY, WE'RE ON HIATUS !! NEXT CHAPTER IS COMING IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS !!" _
also he could always get assistants to aid him. I mean, the comic that inspired THE SOULS series of videogames, and one of the most influential mangas in history, and you're telling me he can't hire help .....
maybe I'm not be fair, but as time passes and with not a faint hint of the end closing, chances of Miura's demise before finishing the series are exponentially increasing .....

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Naruto ends.

Hunter x Hunter is back on Hiatus.

& the Brothers Chaps have finally started making Homestar Runner again.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
Meanwhile, One Piece [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece], one of Naruto's biggest competitors, is still going good, and doesn't show signs of slowing down as it comes up on its 17-year anniversary.
Fixed that for ya.

One Piece is a bit over halfway through.

OT: Good, the series got horribly lost about 5 years ago and has been stuck in middling bullshit and asspulls ever since.

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
P-89 Scorpion said:
No it's because the first 60 episodes of Naruto Shippuden were very poorly paced as they didn't want to get to filler again after just having 75 episodes of it at the end of Naruto. They changed there mind after complaints and arcs based of the manga from episode 72 onwards became much better at the cost of inbetween filler arcs that were terrible.
I actually watched way more than 50 eps (closer to 100) and I can't recall ever having problems with the pacing.

It pretty much boiled down to getting bored of Naruto, and having way more fun watching One Piece, so I decided to abandon the former in favor of the latter.